You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissMeMiss

Rage Against the (Lo Yang) Machine.

14 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

:angry:Dat ding iz zo bowervull.:angry:

Each time using DD T6 in Tier 6-8 matches, 90% chance against Lo Yang and it's 90% chance my Farragut and Mutsuki are doomed to hell.

1 wrong move, the Torps is 1hK ... survive it, her HE burn me engine waiting to be swallowed.

Good Concealment, durable and fast, torpedo also medium range. (compare to my Farragut and Mutsuki)

HOT DANG !!! :hiding: I'm to scare to capture zone when she's around.:look::ohmy:

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Well, Lo Yang is a Benson that has two nasty surprises: faster torpedoes and hydroacoustics.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,387 battles

:angry:Dat ding iz zo bowervull.:angry:

Each time using DD T6 in Tier 6-8 matches, 90% chance against Lo Yang and it's 90% chance my Farragut and Mutsuki are doomed to hell.

1 wrong move, the Torps is 1hK ... survive it, her HE burn me engine waiting to be swallowed.

Good Concealment, durable and fast, torpedo also medium range. (compare to my Farragut and Mutsuki)

HOT DANG !!! :hiding: I'm to scare to capture zone when she's around.:look::ohmy:

You should blame MM instead of Lo Yang for giving you 2 tier gaps opponents :3

Meanwhile me Lo Yang player rage for crap torpedoes.

Edited by R3negade

178 posts
2,306 battles

A Farragut still has a decent chance of winning against a Loyang or even a Benson. It's all down to player skill and trickery. Mutsuki on the other hand has to pray for turret destruction on the Loyang or Benson. 

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,761 battles

You are talking about a tier 8 DD vs tier 6 DD's, of course you're going to be disadvantaged.

I actually think the Lo Yang really isn't that great a destroyer.  She's significantly worse than the Benson B hull. I put the Lo Yang as only slightly better than the Sims, but a tier higher.

The Lo Yang has the same guns with the same fire rate, although the Sims has better range by 1.3 kms (a fair bit really).  It has a bit better torps than the Sims, but in very much the same mould, one option that does low damage at longer range, and another option that does higher damage at short range with a faster speed.  The Sims torps have a much shorter reload though, which makes them much more effective for area denial than the Lo Yang's.  The maneuverability is similar, although slightly better on the Sims, the AA is a little better on the Lo Yang, but terrible on both really, although the Sims gets defensive fire, not sure if Lo Yang does.  The health is a little more on the Lo Yang.  The main difference is the concealment, being at tier 8 the Lo Yang can get the concealment module, making for a detection range with camo of 6.4kms, while the Sims detection range with camo is 7.3kms. Given the concealment advantage is simply a function of tier 8 modules, if you put Sims at tier 8 or Lo Yang at tier 7 with no other changes, they'd be virtually equal in power.  I would personally pick the Sims over the Lo Yang if all they did was move the Lo Yang down a tier.

There's not much between them really.  The Benson B hull on the other hand has 25% more firepower with the extra gun, and massively better torps.

I think many people will have a rough time playing the Lo Yang, it's difficult to play well for new players and is overtiered.  An experienced US DD captain will do just fine in it of course.

406 posts
6,287 battles

You are talking about a tier 8 DD vs tier 6 DD's, of course you're going to be disadvantaged.

I actually think the Lo Yang really isn't that great a destroyer.  She's significantly worse than the Benson B hull. I put the Lo Yang as only slightly better than the Sims, but a tier higher.

The Lo Yang has the same guns with the same fire rate, although the Sims has better range by 1.3 kms (a fair bit really).  It has a bit better torps than the Sims, but in very much the same mould, one option that does low damage at longer range, and another option that does higher damage at short range with a faster speed.  The Sims torps have a much shorter reload though, which makes them much more effective for area denial than the Lo Yang's.  The maneuverability is similar, although slightly better on the Sims, the AA is a little better on the Lo Yang, but terrible on both really, although the Sims gets defensive fire, not sure if Lo Yang does.  The health is a little more on the Lo Yang.  The main difference is the concealment, being at tier 8 the Lo Yang can get the concealment module, making for a detection range with camo of 6.4kms, while the Sims detection range with camo is 7.3kms. Given the concealment advantage is simply a function of tier 8 modules, if you put Sims at tier 8 or Lo Yang at tier 7 with no other changes, they'd be virtually equal in power.  I would personally pick the Sims over the Lo Yang if all they did was move the Lo Yang down a tier.

There's not much between them really.  The Benson B hull on the other hand has 25% more firepower with the extra gun, and massively better torps.

I think many people will have a rough time playing the Lo Yang, it's difficult to play well for new players and is overtiered.  An experienced US DD captain will do just fine in it of course.

I bought the Lo Yang - and I find its a good ship - I have had some rage inducing games (where I have inst-died- due to eating a Torpedo) but most of the times this is because of my unfamiliarity with how to Play DDs - I've also had some epic games where I have netted over 500K in credits and have 6000 XP - this tend to be were either I play better (or more likely the enemy plays bad!)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

There were many time i got chased by American or Soviet destroyer but still managed to win the fight cuz i had the trick. :trollface:

Some people think they can outsmart me. Maybe... maybe. I have yet to meet one that can outsmart 127mm DP guns :trollface: