Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
byungnam

I wonder was there any reason that nerfing Lex

59 comments in this topic

48 posts
2,949 battles

From 2/1/1 to 1/1/1, it became a stupidly large ranger.

Was there any reason that WG removed 1 fighter squadron from Lex?

I want numbers.

Super Tester
509 posts

Yeah now its best to go 0/1/3 like the Ranger and deal 150K+ damage a match. Waste of time trying to use 1 single squad of fighters.

Plus you do get those 1000lb bombs which the Ranger doesn't :great:

Edited by Vyviel

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Yeah now its best to go 0/1/3 like the Ranger and deal 150K+ damage a match. Waste of time trying to use 1 single squad of fighters.

I'm still on my Ranger, but is it worth using the 2/0/2 configuration as the damage by bombs has been buffed?

[ATLAS]
Beta Tester
464 posts
9,858 battles

it is because 2/1/1 just too imbalanced, it's just straight up obliterate Shoukaku and the best default loadout. BUT

I do think they nerfed Lex too much, 72 planes in total (I'm pretty sure it's not this few back then in cbt) ranger has 73 btw

and then they nerfed fighter strafe, reduce the number of fighter squadron, improve high tier AA, and all you get is just 10000LB bomb (actually it's nice bomb if you have more than one squadron) 

Can Lex at least get more planes? +8 or +12 is fine just give her more planes in the hangar 

Super Tester
509 posts

I'm still on my Ranger, but is it worth using the 2/0/2 configuration as the damage by bombs has been buffed?

Not worth it if you want damage and XP. I just went 0/1/3 for both Ranger and Lex and you do massive damage from both the bombs and fires and torps. Lex especially with its 1000lbs which seems to be the direction the devs want US to focus on dive bombers. That being said dropping say 10K damage on a BB doesn't compare to hitting it with 5-6 torps in a drop.

Give 0/1/3 a go if your bored and enjoy kiting you may love it like I do. I have only seen one other guy use it and if you do bump into a 1/1/1 or 2/0/2 Lex or Ranger you can sneak over and bomb them into submission if there are no better targets =P

Also stay the hell away from Atlanta's. I dunno what they did but that thing shoots down insane numbers of planes now. You need to pick targets more carefully now they buffed overlapping AA. So try pick off the stragglers or guys who charge off solo away from AA cover.

Edited by Vyviel

280 posts
3,514 battles

true and in ww2 theres more dive bomers in US carriers than derpido bombers

and the fighters are good enough to kill 2 japanese fighter squadron too ...i dont like to play 0/1/3 because im not comfortable at it

Edited by Vorshlaghammer666

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

So, still I see there is no number-, stat-based reason. huh? :(

The number reason was that players were picking the default layout over the other two, which was something that wasn't intended. As such, the stock layout was nerfed, but the strike one was buffed considerably.

Strike Lexington can be pretty amazing at the hands of a good player,

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

wow 150k a match in a lexi. sounds like bull, yeah.

lexi is really Op and overmatches shokaku in 211. Ship's AA is OP even stronger than essex's or might even be midway's(one of the best AA in game) and is very fast so sniping isn't possible if you are using shokaku. So OP i was dropping 40 aircrafts per game when I was using lexington (and that was when MM was stupid and you still get matched against tier 10 CVs) and there was no stupid strafing.

Edited by Deicide

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Have u watched flamu's lex video? It's literally a middle finger to your post lol

"a match" - means every game

watched video, nothing special. two 013 lex trying to kill each other (like the old CV meta when cruisers were DUMB NOT DEFENDING THEIR CVs, specially with the new meta of lex). cringed at the 202 ranger captain parking its fighters so far 1 minute into the game. cringed how hiryuu forgot about strafe. cringed how hiryuu wasted all 2 fighter squad ammo on a bomber. cringed how RNG bomber damage is (look when izumo got bombed). 2/10 would do 200k damage in same scenario.

IDK in EU but here, lex use 3 fighters setup so far, only few does 013 YET. for the few 013 lex i fought in my 222 shokaku, i got absolutely no problem, strafed the crap out of the bombers lining up on my CV while my bombers are unopposed.

would rather fight 013 lex than 302 lex.

Beta Tester
41 posts
4,515 battles

"a match" - means every game

watched video, nothing special. two 013 lex trying to kill each other (like the old CV meta when cruisers were DUMB NOT DEFENDING THEIR CVs, specially with the new meta of lex). cringed at the 202 ranger captain parking its fighters so far 1 minute into the game. cringed how hiryuu forgot about strafe. cringed how hiryuu wasted all 2 fighter squad ammo on a bomber. cringed how RNG bomber damage is (look when izumo got bombed). 2/10 would do 200k damage in same scenario.

IDK in EU but here, lex use 3 fighters setup so far, only few does 013 YET. for the few 013 lex i fought in my 222 shokaku, i got absolutely no problem, strafed the crap out of the bombers lining up on my CV while my bombers are unopposed.

would rather fight 013 lex than 302 lex.

Strafing is nerfed into craplike level, USN fighter is still okish, but Zero became crap.

Edited by Porygon

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

From 2/1/1 to 1/1/1, it became a stupidly large ranger.

Was there any reason that WG removed 1 fighter squadron from Lex?

I want numbers.

I think the more appropriate question is why does Hiryu and shokaku get to keep 2/2/2 as a stock loadout? Beyond being totally overpowered compared to 1/1/1 its also more popular these days than 3/1/2 because they get the advantages of some air support and a full complement of strike aircraft.

Remember that graph I posted a week or so ago? I bet that it looks even worse for USN cv now.

Nerf Hiryu and shokaku to 2/1/1 in stock and arbirtrarily force them to choose an upgrade aswell WG. It's only fair that they shouldn't have their base kit be the best available if USN CV have to relinquish something as well. Then change their air sup kits to 3/0/3 and strike to 0/3/3 and see how they like it.

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

God I am so tired of getting gently caressed by the Hiryu. Every single player using it is a total baby using an overpowered crutch to score wins and farm damage.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I think the more appropriate question is why does Hiryu and shokaku get to keep 2/2/2 as a stock loadout? Beyond being totally overpowered compared to 1/1/1 its also more popular these days than 3/1/2 because they get the advantages of some air support and a full complement of strike aircraft.

Remember that graph I posted a week or so ago? I bet that it looks even worse for USN cv now.

Nerf Hiryu and shokaku to 2/1/1 in stock and arbirtrarily force them to choose an upgrade aswell WG. It's only fair that they shouldn't have their base kit be the best available if USN CV have to relinquish something as well. Then change their air sup kits to 3/0/3 and strike to 0/3/3 and see how they like it.

shokaku and hiryuu used to have that 0/3/3 loadout..

guess what?

ppl raged... BB raged.. usn cv got sniped then raged..

now they nerfed shokaku to only have 2/2/2 as her strike loadout

280 posts
3,514 battles

why is it so hard to balance teh carriers?!!?!?!?

and its fine that shokaku to get 2/2/2 strike loadout than without fighters

how are you even going to defend yer bombers? its clear that they made that fair (even i dont have one)

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

shokaku and hiryuu used to have that 0/3/3 loadout..

guess what?

ppl raged... BB raged.. usn cv got sniped then raged..

now they nerfed shokaku to only have 2/2/2 as her strike loadout

So.... nerf IJN planes then? If the loadout being changed doesn't change the outcome then clearly their planes need to be weaker. I just had 1 group of 4 TB from hiryu float over 4 ships pumping AA in to it and it still got 3 torps in to me. And I don't mean it ran straight at me, it did a big wiiiideee circle right over my whole supporting fleet and sunk me.

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

I will not pay a single $ for this game until I get some kind of satisfaction about IJN vs USN CV. The only times I get to win against hiryu is when the guy is a total newb and makes no attempt to defend himself.

Maybe to prevent CV sniping buff CV AA by like 500%?

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

What the actual heck am I meant to do against this POS cv the hiryu when I can barely survive for more than 5 minutes with multiple supporting cruisers defending me? It's just ridiculous.

Did you know they changed the MM algorithm to include more USN vs IJN disparity so that they could more accurately gauge how the lines compare against each other? Because WG actually have NFI what's making IJN outperform USN so much.

Remember kids IJN cv are beating USN in every tier 4-8 by at least 25% xp and 20% damage. That's how broken they are. They are completely OP vs USN and WG had to make changes to MM formula to actually get an idea of whats wrong. If IJN want more planes then they should have worse planes.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

why is it so hard to balance teh carriers?!!?!?!?

and its fine that shokaku to get 2/2/2 strike loadout than without fighters

how are you even going to defend yer bombers? its clear that they made that fair (even i dont have one)

yah.. i dont know what those ppl thinking...

when hiryuu/shokaku got 0/3/3  .. USN CV player raged..

saying that.. theres no way to defend from 6 squad strike force

then WG nerf the strike capability from IJN CV from shokaku to zuiho

their raged tear forced IJN CV to play fighter whatever loudout they choose. 

[but oh well.. now let set this aside. its fine for them to have 2/2/2]

after hiryuu and shokaku got 2/2/2 in their strike. then what happen?

now they raged again.. saying that 2 fighter on shokaku/hiryuu is OP.

i think the only way to make them calm down is to make USN CV have undeniable air superiority and uninteruptable strike capability all in 1 loadout..

but.. do u think that will calm them down? nope

midway has 2/1/2 loadout (pre and post 0.5.3)

which could grant them a nasty airsuperiorty and still having a good strike capability

but what they do? they used 1/2/2 then crying that hakuryu kick them out of the sky (even tough its their choice to only use 1 fighter set up)

Super Tester
1,310 posts

So.... nerf IJN planes then? If the loadout being changed doesn't change the outcome then clearly their planes need to be weaker. I just had 1 group of 4 TB from hiryu float over 4 ships pumping AA in to it and it still got 3 torps in to me. And I don't mean it ran straight at me, it did a big wiiiideee circle right over my whole supporting fleet and sunk me.

well a hiryuu plane that passes my cleveland was obliterated from the sky..

my cleveland was not even activated the defensive fire... IJN plane is paper u know...

then u say that IJN plane should be weaker?

they are already weaker than USN plane in anyway

--------shokaku---------

FT

HP : 1660 x 4 = 6640

DPS : 70 x 4 = 280

TB

HP : 1720 x 4 = 6880

damage per torp : 8567

DB

HP : 1610 x 4 = 6440

damage per bomb : 4600

6 squad x 4 planes = 24 planes