You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cyxnide

Secondary Shell Hits Ribbons

1 comment in this topic

724 posts
2,193 battles

This is originally posted by Shipmaster_Crook/Brokenstar on the NA and EU forums.

Credits to him for the Ribbon design and the idea in general.

Original Post : NA Forums

: EU Forums

Basically, as per the Title, I believe secondary shell hits should get a banner indicator, and for a few reasons:

Secondary Shell Hits Ribbon Design

Qbeswd4.png?1

-Judging how well your secondaries actually do their job. 
          Especially with the new secondary gun skill modifier coming up in next patch, and with all the modifiers players have allways been able to add to their secondary armament, its really hard to tell how well your secondaries are actually doing their job, aside from looking at the post battle results screen. 
          This would let you clearly see "Did me adding that module/skill really make an effect? This battle gave me the good situation for it and I saw a large improvement!"

-When I was a new player, I had no idea I was dealing any damage with secondary guns until spontaniously recieved kills when I was near other ships. This was me as a complete noob of course, but as for WG's intention to make things easy to comprehend for new players, this could be a small step in that regard.

-This is especially notable for Captains who have specifically enhanced their secondaries, notably the Izumo, Yamato, and any hightier BB that has, or even Cruisers, significantly enhanced their secondaries for maximum performance. (Even for the lolz the Kiev DD has a secondary turret with a 5km base range) Even carrier captains who increased the performance of their secondaries for self defence against DDs.

"But banners are for things you directly do with guns, torpedoes, and aircraft!"
-Yes, partly true, in the aspect that secondaries are AI controlled, but, you can designate targets, and all modifications in the port/captain you do, aswell as the notable new captain skill "Manual Control of Secondary Battery", also, the specific and intentional act of getting in secondary range is you controlling them. 

"But its the AI that would be giving you ribbons which is weird"
-Your ships AA already does that, the AI killing planes and giving you ribbons for what it accomplished.

Overall its just giving the player some useful info, etc.

Edited by xDave1337x