Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xirvis

0.5.3 Cleveland

51 comments in this topic

892 posts
7,853 battles

Logging in for the first time since the new patch went live, I have found myself falling out of love with the Cleveland, a CL, now with such poor turret rotation that they can't keep up when you make a sharp turn. :(

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

get main battery modification 2.

Combined with expert marksman, even mogami abysall turn rate can be reduced to 38.1 s or 23.7s for 203mm

quite acceptable imo 

[KGHSF]
3,217 posts
6,055 battles

get main battery modification 2.

Combined with expert marksman, even mogami abysall turn rate can be reduced to 38.1 s or 23.7s for 203mm

quite acceptable imo 

But causing lower fire rate too, 8 sec become 10 sec for reload.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

She's still a fine ship anyways dosent rly feel different from its pre 5.3 state

[KGHSF]
3,217 posts
6,055 battles

9 seconds.....

Yes very @#$% I HATE THIS %$#@ !

This patch gone the $@#% !

Edited by THAI_THIEF

451 posts
6,946 battles

Nothing has changed about the cleveland, its turret rotation is actually one of the best ones for a cruiser. Nearly all turret cruisers can't train their guns when they pull a hard-to.

If you want a cruiser that can actually 720 no scope get the atlanta or the omaha series

892 posts
7,853 battles

I miss my 18-sec turret-traversing cheatland I cri ;(

Yes, the nerfed Expert Marksman Captain's skill is causing the turret rotation to lag when making evasive maneuvers and that is why I say the Cleveland is now less enjoyable

460 posts
8,352 battles

less enjoyable for you? maybe.

less effective as a ship? no. She's just as dangerous as she's always been, in fact with how dangerous she is it's kinda understandable that they excluded her from skills that made her a little OP. Many of the other CLs were affected the same way, and because of similar reasons, they were too powerful with those skills.

For me the konigsberg was the one most nerfed, but she's still an awesome ship that can deal piles of damage. I didn't really use the relevant skills on the cleveland.

121 posts

i really hate version 0.5.3

now i cant play anymore geez

anyway..

she's still the greatest cruiser too you know

if she finds anything in her path she gonna attack yo booty

but good luck on that manual secondary battery cuz she got great ones

Edited by Tomoko_Kousaka

892 posts
7,853 battles

i really hate version 0.5.3

now i cant play anymore geez

anyway..

she's still the greatest cruiser too you know

if she finds anything in her path she gonna attack yo booty

but good luck on that manual secondary battery cuz she got great ones

No doubt, she is still effective but the nerfed Captain skill see the turret rotation affected. Have been "re-learning" to live with this.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,526 battles

less enjoyable for you? maybe.

less effective as a ship? no. She's just as dangerous as she's always been, in fact with how dangerous she is it's kinda understandable that they excluded her from skills that made her a little OP. Many of the other CLs were affected the same way, and because of similar reasons, they were too powerful with those skills.

For me the konigsberg was the one most nerfed, but she's still an awesome ship that can deal piles of damage. I didn't really use the relevant skills on the cleveland.

Anyone who doesn't think the Cleveland needed a bit of a tap with the nerf bat is living under a rock.

However, I agree - she's still a painful ship to vs.

I think people are missing something...

Now that 155 perks have been nerfed, I believe the Mogami needs a buff to 16km range. :trollface:

Aoba - 15km

Myoko - 16km

Mogami - 15.1km

Ibuki - 16.5km

But seriously, anyone else see the problem here?

52 posts

Still burning BB for days with the cleve , but being revert back 14,5 km force you to be more strategic with it. Turret traverse doesnt bother me as much this patch, its still a very good ship.

[LLBC]
Super Tester
750 posts
3,314 battles

Still burning BB for days with the cleve , but being revert back 14,5 km force you to be more strategic with it. Turret traverse doesnt bother me as much this patch, its still a very good ship.

Yep, the ol' girls still got it

1IPJ11c.jpg

Ox1rQ8F.jpg

zHSKkxA.jpg

OP - if the Turret traverse is such a pain, have you considered swapping back the the stock Turret? You do loose a some DPM but get a much better traverse speed (8°/sec vs. 5.5°/sec) in return

575 posts
5,354 battles

They really need to fix the turret rotation back to what it was prior to this patch. I can understand the need to do to AFT (not BFT), but to screw over all the CLs with 152mm to 155mm guns? That was just plain wrong. The developers really screwed the pooch with this nerf. But hey, whom am I to say anything, these devs have shown they don't care what we say.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

well tbh the cleve's turret traverse is still good though , yeah its been reduced but still very manageable 

Edited by Fadhz

575 posts
5,354 battles

well tbh the cleve's turret traverse is still good though , yeah its been reduced but still very manageable 

30 second traverse now from what it was before is manageable? It's as bad as a BB with 14"+ guns or heavy cruisers with 203mm or higher. No, they screwed this one up with this nerf. It's simply atrocious what they did to the light cruisers with small caliber guns.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

you should try playing it first though, for me post patch its still very manageable . 30ish seconds is already fast for a cruiser, both heavy or light. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

30 second traverse now from what it was before is manageable? It's as bad as a BB with 14"+ guns or heavy cruisers with 203mm or higher. No, they screwed this one up with this nerf. It's simply atrocious what they did to the light cruisers with small caliber guns.

I heard the Kutusov has decent turret traverse, maybe you'd like to buy that one when it's on sale again?

ck57Gzf.jpg

Sign in to follow this