Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Davidious

Designated targets ?

9 comments in this topic

75 posts
3,402 battles

Hi all.

Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament: secondary guns only open fire at targets designated by the player.

So, how do I select ( and deselect ?) a target.

Thank you.

ps -with the upgrade my screen has changed.  The print seems to be larger

75 posts
3,402 battles

press CTRL and  you'll see your mouse courser, just click the poor guy u wanna target and let her rip

Hi

Do the secondarys / AA then auto fire (solely at the designated target) or is clicking required ?

ps sometimes I am so focused on a ship that I dont even know a DD is near me until I head the secondarys fire (sad lol)

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,418 battles

Hi

Do the secondarys / AA then auto fire (solely at the designated target) or is clicking required ?

ps sometimes I am so focused on a ship that I dont even know a DD is near me until I head the secondarys fire (sad lol)

If you don't Ctrl+Click on enemy ship, your secondaries will auto shoot at a target that is closest to the turret. Also you do not receive the buff from the captain skill.

Use Ctrl+Click, known as Focus fire / Designate target, will fire all the secondaries to that ship only. And captain skill will be in effect.

Same as AA guns

So, they do fire even you do not select a preferred target.

Edited by R3negade

75 posts
3,402 battles

Ohh  -I think I have tried to shoot at aircraft before BUT  the sights didnt lock on. Is there a trick? Or  - do you just need to closely aim your reticle (spell) at the planes ?

451 posts
6,946 battles

There is no need to bother. All u need to do is ctrl + click the target and you will get a boost in whatever non-primary armament is firing at its target, and go about doing other stuff like shooting at stuff.

Damage/accuracy boost is automatically done for you on the poor guy 

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,418 battles

Ohh  -I think I have tried to shoot at aircraft before BUT  the sights didnt lock on. Is there a trick? Or  - do you just need to closely aim your reticle (spell) at the planes ?

Yes, aim carefully on the squadron. It happened to me too

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

If you don't Ctrl+Click on enemy ship, your secondaries will auto shoot at a target that is closest to the turret. Also you do not receive the buff from the captain skill.

Use Ctrl+Click, known as Focus fire / Designate target, will fire all the secondaries to that ship only. And captain skill will be in effect.

Same as AA guns

So, they do fire even you do not select a preferred target.

No, if the Manual Secondaries skill was taken the secondaries doesn't shoot automatically at the ship in range.. It needs to be designated at the ship before it can open fire..

Sign in to follow this