You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
hasa86

TEAM BATTLES! first time we can group up! SS

13 comments in this topic

10 posts

ABOUT TIME

UPDATED: Pic 2 Team Battle Testing went well.  they smoked us.     We ran 2 Games 1st Was fine till CV planes were seen Then all i could hear was crying on Teamspeak about the lag spike's to busy tryin to turn a CA off the point but spiking into island.

2nd Game NO LAG AT ALL and they have a CV none of us had any lag spikes at all. they smoked us.  we let cv fly all around us turn some AA off no lag spikes.

We would of lost the 1st game anyway becouse we are stupid. but the 1st game ended for us almost halfway in when became unplayable for everyone

We are all Australian's and the lines between us and the server keep getting CUT massive patch around so the spikes suck. we not really had issue with it lately

in random. but it killed us alot faster then would of been.  As a team trying Fleet work first time in TB neer cap  Spike locked us into a death run into the cap..... was fun............

2nd game was fine. under same with a cv on other side too and team but diff map.  was good :)

if anyone cares. lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by hasa86

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

The problem im seeing though, is that according to the Schedule on my screen, its  says the "duration of the battles are held between 11:00pm-4:00am" my time, it is now 11:47pm, and saying that it starts at 12:00am. WG, have you done ****ed up? again?

10 posts

ingame clock diff to windows 10 clock 2 hours fast  o_O  we been grouped up a hour b4 waiting its about to start! :D think aussie nsw time its 10pm to 2 am i think 

Edited by hasa86

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Either way, im seeing the durations from 11:00pm-4:00am in my time zone (NZ) but noooo, even though it says 11:00, it actually means 12:00.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Have yet to try my hand in Team Battles and have tried looking up more info on Team Battles but have found nothing definitive on the acceptable team ships' rostering (ship tiers and types) for successful MM. Have read some where that max 1 CV per team and ships are limited to Tier VII and VIII. This however seems to be worded differently under the FAQ:

Q: Why doesn’t the matchmaker take ship tiers into account?

A: In Team Battles, great responsibility lies on the players, which is normal. You know rules, you know the lowest and the highest ship tiers, and the rest depends on you. We wouldn’t like to limit players who want to use ships of lower tiers. Besides, the difference between tiers might not be so critical in World of Warships. However, we do not plan to make matchmaking more complicated either. The main thing is the Team's Rating, no matter which ships you have earned it on.

Can anyone enlighten me more? Don't want to assume a team can field a full CV team or full tier X ships, etc etc

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

Can anyone enlighten me more? Don't want to assume a team can field a full CV team or full tier X ships, etc etc

Here's what I've known about team battles so far:

- Each team consisted of 7 players.

- You can have up to 3 mercenaries per team. In other words, at least 4 team members must be present to start a battle. The rest will be filled with mercenaries.

- Restricted to tiers VI-VII ships.

- Only 1 CV allowed per team.

- Only 2 BBs allowed per team.

- No limit for CAs/CLs and DDs.

- There is NO mirrored matchmaking for CVs. This means a team with CV can meet a team without CV.

- No matchmaking based on ship tiers either. A team with 7 tier VI ships can meet a team with 7 tier VII ships.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Here's what I've known about team battles so far:

- Each team consisted of 7 players.

- You can have up to 3 mercenaries per team. In other words, at least 4 team members must be present to start a battle. The rest will be filled with mercenaries.

- Restricted to tiers VI-VII ships.

- Only 1 CV allowed per team.

- Only 2 BBs allowed per team.

- No limit for CAs/CLs and DDs.

- There is NO mirrored matchmaking for CVs. This means a team with CV can meet a team without CV.

- No matchmaking based on ship tiers either. A team with 7 tier VI ships can meet a team with 7 tier VII ships.

Most enlightening. Many thanks!

69 posts
2,225 battles

I have played with a team from China so far & we had several good battles. I came in as a merc. first time & they invited me to join. At least one of them speaks good English, but language is not too much of an issue in battle as we mostly use chat shortcuts. No lag issues or other weird things to report. We won 3, lost 2. Always had a CV, 2 BBs & at least 1 DD.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing Aust/NZ had a different or earlier for us time slot. We've got as much chance of that happening as getting our own WG servers.

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,123 battles

I have played with a team from China so far & we had several good battles. I came in as a merc. first time & they invited me to join. At least one of them speaks good English, but language is not too much of an issue in battle as we mostly use chat shortcuts. No lag issues or other weird things to report. We won 3, lost 2. Always had a CV, 2 BBs & at least 1 DD.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing Aust/NZ had a different or earlier for us time slot. We've got as much chance of that happening as getting our own WG servers.

We've given up on Team battles for the foreseeable future. We have a solid group of 6-7 players in our clan but 10pm starts are simply way too late. Once daylight savings finishes in April we should have a 1 hr window where we can all play together (9 to 10pm) so we will revisit it then.