Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Skills Reset, Reviews Anyone?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

So with the new patch out and the skills resets, I'm just not sure on the merits and drawbacks of the new skills added or the old skills that were reshuffled or changed. Has anyone done a skills review or found a link to one yet like the first pre patch one here:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8795-onboard-reviews-the-crew-skills-repost-from-wotlabs/

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I like that the new skill tree gives more diverse option than previous one, tried a bunch of config back in PTS and i could summarize it as follow:

• Tier 1: Most CL players would skip BFT since it doesn't affect main guns anymore, so they should get Situation Awareness instead.. Expert Loader is also a viable choice if you had spare skill points, now it has 50% faster reload..
  • Tier 2: DD player need to choose between TAE and Last Stand.. I'd say Last Stand are worth more than 10% faster reload.. For other ships, Expert Marksman are still the best option..
  • Tier 3: So much choices here. High tier DDs can benefit greatly from Torpedo Accel since they got long range torps (especially IJN ones, Shimakaze with 72 knots,12 km torpedo wall anyone?) but they need to sacrifice Superintendent for it. Cruisers without Repair Party can get either High Alert or Vigilance (now +25% range), while those who had Repair Party taking Superintendent are preferable. BBs should go Superintendent as usual, with optional High Alert or Vigilance if it got spare points..
  • Tier 4: DDs should get Survivability Expert since its the only viable choice for them. IJN CAs should get Demo Expert because feuer feuer. AA cruiser get the Manual AA fire skill to make them more effective when defensive AA is on cooldown
  • Tier 5: IJN/US DDs gets Concealment, RU gets Preventive Maintenance for less gun breakage (now it gives 50% less risk of incapacitation).. BBs T7 and above that have strong secondaries can get Manual Secondaries to keep DDs away (and kill them if they got too close), otherwise get JoAT

Also some changes not shown in the skill tree:

• All skill under Secondary Armament column affects all secondaries regardless of caliber
  • Torpedo Acceleration does not decrease spotting distance
  • (Unconfirmed) Survivability Expert extras HP are said to be included in the % of HP than can be healed on ships that have Repair Party, so it can potentially heal more

753 posts
8,965 battles

So with the new patch out and the skills resets, I'm just not sure on the merits and drawbacks of the new skills added or the old skills that were reshuffled or changed. Has anyone done a skills review or found a link to one yet like the first pre patch one here:

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/8795-onboard-reviews-the-crew-skills-repost-from-wotlabs/

It would be nice if someone more knowledgeable than myself (so practically anyone) done a definitive guide like in the link here. I have made mistakes in the past which I don't wont to repeat given the ridiculous cost to change them if you do. 

I have also noticed that the level 1 BFT doesn't show a potential decrease in reload time when you hover over the description for a ship with a caliber below 139mm, it just displays the AA enhancement. 

Edited by Trojan63

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

1 think for sure, all my captain now I'm using Torpedo Awareness(what is the name?) -> (+25% range torpedo warning), and it's helping me avoid torpedo more better than before.

It's not that torpedo that OP, but 1 hit by torpedo will hurt your effort fighting another cruiser and battleship.

Sign in to follow this