Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimnar42

Permanent Camo

23 comments in this topic

334 posts
12,961 battles

Anybody else find 3000 doubloons for permanent camo very expensive that is like around $18 Aus the earlier ones were only 1000 doubloons

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Anybody else find 3000 doubloons for permanent camo very expensive that is like around $18 Aus the earlier ones were only 1000 doubloons

3,000 really????? OMG :ohmy:

I'm still at work & haven't downloaded update yet. For what ship(s)????? 

334 posts
12,961 battles

There was a list somewhere but I can't find it back but out of the ships I have Fubuki Admiral Hipper and New Orleans

With this hit to the wallet and no explanation about mods my future with this game is starting to look doubtful

Edited by Grimnar42

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Most of the Tier VIII ships get the options for perma camo, and I guess WG scaled the cost per tier as well.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Doesn't the perma camo basically turn a regular ship into a premium ship?

I dunno, 11,60€ sounds fair for that.

Mind you I have no intend to get any perma camo, because:

1.) I use my own skins or other user made ones

2.) I don't need the extra exp provided

3.) Bacon

I'd like to think point 3.) is the main part of the argument.

Edited by Retia

334 posts
12,961 battles

Bacon ???

Well lets do some maths for those thinking about it 3000 doubloons for tier 8 ships = more xp to convert to free xp = buy more doubloons = this is getting awfully expensive. Whats the alternative spend nothing and grind it out.

TBH I do think this is over the top I understand the need to make a profit but there are limits.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I'd wager the target audience for perma camo, especially high tier camo, are big spenders.

I.e. people that have a long time premium account running, bought most/all premium ships, often buy credits, unlock free exp and use more than

the must have premium consumables.

Because... you know... WG also needs some premium content  for those with super stardestroyer sized wallets.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I don't need to stockpile more exp, i got 4.3 million of exp reserve right now.. Enough to research 4 new lines from top to bottom :D

I'd buy the permanent camo if it gives extra credits..

451 posts
6,946 battles

The fubuki camo is really nice, but it really only gives +50% exp over the non-premium camo, and it's freaking 3k dubs

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I would pay that to turn an Iowa in to a Prem :)

If it can crew retrain captain without penalty ill put it on Fubuki and Fletcher now :trollface: 

Otherwise is not Premium :P
Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Alpha Tester
982 posts

If it can crew retrain captain without penalty ill put it on Fubuki and Fletcher now :trollface: 

Yeh, if you could move captains it would be worth it. If you cant, meh, keep your over-priced camo. :sceptic:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Yeh, if you could move captains it would be worth it. If you cant, meh, keep your over-priced camo. :sceptic:

Well i might put it on Fletcher since i really love the ship but might not spent on other :D:D:D

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Also, once you fully research any ship with the over-priced camo, what good is all that free XP gonna do you anyway? You're better off buying a straight up premium ship to where you can grind credits AND train captains.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Also, once you fully research any ship with the over-priced camo, what good is all that free XP gonna do you anyway? You're better off buying a straight up premium ship to where you can grind credits AND train captains.

Thats correct only reasons i gonna put it because i really love the ship and i want to look fashion :D:D:D 

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Thats correct only reasons i gonna put it because i really love the ship and i want to look fashion :D:D:D 

Fanboi :trollface:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Fanboi :trollface:

Atm im considering putting prem camo on Tashkent  since people gonna see it and like " WHATTT!! that guy spent 2000 gold on Trashkent ? is he crazy ???" and i will be like "Yea coolest Tashkent on the server im so happy" :D:D:D

Sign in to follow this