Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kreigg

So what are good substitutes for AFT, BFT, & Marksmanship?

13 comments in this topic

580 posts
1,587 battles

GOOD DAY CAP'NS! *sob* :(:(

So, now that the inevitable has happened what is everyone recommendations now that AFT and BFT has now been changed to benefit secodary guns and guns with a caliber smaller than 150mm?

As you may log in today you'll notice that your commander's skill points have been reset. Now that we've got a clean slate to work with what are your recommendations?

I'm thinking about switching my BFT for Expert Loader on the Cleveland and other USN cruisers since I switch shells alot when things get intense... But Situational awareness looks good but USN ships always get detected right off the bat...

KM cruisers will probably see the same, they're already equipped with Situational Awareness

The Expert Marksmanship still looks viable but I haven't tried it yet? What are your thoughts about its nerf?

Unfortunately I can't say anything about AFT since the only have using it is the Atlanta to make up for the short range...

Your inputs are appreciated and could help other players in this adjustment period we're gonna have to go through like it or not.

MUCH THANKS FOR THE READ... I GO TO CORNER & CRY NOW :(:(:(

Super Tester
1,310 posts

BFT? anything.. tough i would still take that in my BB for AA... if u really dont want to take that.. get basic survivability/sit-awa

X-Man? nah..... every second reduced from turret traverse is welcome... (0.7 deg/sec, but almost All BB player take this skill.. why? cos its usefull for them). if u dont want to take it.. get last stand

AFT? no more range for ur main gun. doesnt mean its not usefull (cleveland is not effective with range>15km tough.. mean that this skill is borderline useless if u only take that for main gun range for cleveland).. +20 AA range from this skill is very welcome.. 

still if dont want to take AFT.. there is demonstration or extra FAT in right or left :teethhappy:

Edited by ReNation

580 posts
1,587 battles

Replace BFT for Situational Awareness is good option in my opinion :great:

But i dont know about the Lv4 skill so i will let other answer this question :D:D:D 

I haven't quite grasped the usefulness of Situational Awareness on a USN Cruiser... On any Destroyer that skill is a must... but for a Cruiser? I can work with SA on my KM Cruisers since that's my cue to fly away and start my skirmishes... but for USN cruisers? How does it benefit you in gameplay exactly??
Edited by Kreigg

168 posts
5,663 battles

I haven't quite grasped the usefulness of Situational Awareness on a USN Cruiser... On any Destroyer that skill is a must... but for a Cruiser? I can work with SA on my KM Cruisers since that's my cue to fly away and start my skirmishes... but for USN cruisers? How does it benefit you exactly??

same here - I tend to take SA on destroyers but incoming fire on cruisers, and never both together.

I'd have thought demolition would be the next level 4 choice for cruisers after AFT nerf.  Which makes me wonder whether the issue of CL HE spam is really going to improve?  The accuracy at those extended ranges was pretty iffy anyway.  Shorter range, but more fires once you get started...

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

I haven't quite grasped the usefulness of Situational Awareness on a USN Cruiser... On any Destroyer that skill is a must... but for a Cruiser? I can work with SA on my KM Cruisers since that's my cue to fly away and start my skirmishes... but for USN cruisers? How does it benefit you exactly??

It helps you know if you're undetected so you can make a turn safely without eating a massive citadel from enemy BBs/CAs. It also lets you know if there's any enemy DDs in the vicinity spotting you if you're outside detection of the other enemy ships. :D

580 posts
1,587 battles

It helps you know if you're undetected so you can make a turn safely without eating a massive citadel from enemy BBs/CAs. It also lets you know if there's any enemy DDs in the vicinity spotting you if you're outside detection of the other enemy ships. :D

I see, as a DD hunter it will let you know when there are DDs about...

But in a usual engagement, what you mean to say is that once your Undetected that's when you turn the ship to change positions whilst presenting yourself angled once your done with the turn?

Edited by Kreigg

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

But in a usual engagement, what you mean to say is that once your Undetected that's when you turn the ship to change positions whilst presenting yourself angled once your done with the turn?

Yes you can turn and change positions with comfort once you know you undetected also you can retreat stop shooting and know when you undetected :P 

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Yeah, since if you're spotted and trying to turn everyone will be licking their lips anticipating that broadside. :hiding:

580 posts
1,587 battles

Lucky i'm a dedicated destroyer player, those nerf do not affect my game play at all... :D

Yeah... we're getting the new Torpedo Acceleration skill amyryt?? :B

Sign in to follow this