Sign in to follow this  
Rakeene2887

Commander Skill: Torpedo Acceleration

10 comments in this topic

4 posts
2,285 battles

Ever since the update, all my Commanders got a free redistribution, giving me a chance to rethink best skills for my commanders. I have a DD FUBUKI and I was thinking of giving the commander the "Torpedo Acceleration" skill. This skill grants the FUBUKI's type 90 mod.2 Torps a +5 knots to torp speed(from 57 to 62) but reducing torp range by 20%(from 15km. to 12km.)

The question: Is this skill worth it?

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Of course, in case of the Fubuki, it's worthy to sacrifice that bit of 3 km to get an 5-knot boost. 

I would even do the same to my Benson.

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Of course, in case of the Fubuki, it's worthy to sacrifice that bit of 3 km to get an 5-knot boost. 

I would even do the same to my Benson.

Might good for Fubuki but i dont think it will work on Benson since 9km considering close in my opinion :D:D:D

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

When you think about it, if you use the 15km torp upgrade combined with the new skill, you actually get a 2km range boost from the old torps for no loss of torp speed. So like everyone has said, for Fubuki it's a good deal. I have my Bucky concealment at 6.1km, so I'm tempted to use the old ones and have 8km 67kt torps, i doubt it's the best strategy, probably even call me a noob for using it but I like the danger zone xD

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

When you think about it, if you use the 15km torp upgrade combined with the new skill, you actually get a 2km range boost from the old torps for no loss of torp speed. So like everyone has said, for Fubuki it's a good deal. I have my Bucky concealment at 6.1km, so I'm tempted to use the old ones and have 8km 67kt torps, i doubt it's the best strategy, probably even call me a noob for using it but I like the danger zone xD

8km danger zone ? what about 4km on Kiev extremely danger zone :trollface:?

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

8km danger zone ? what about 4km on Kiev extremely danger zone :trollface:?

Hahaha I wanted to put in an Archer meme but it wouldn't let me.

I did remember this version though which is more suited for the Kiev dangerzone :P

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Might good for Fubuki but i dont think it will work on Benson since 9km considering close in my opinion :D:D:D

Benson has terribly slow torp speed of 55 knots but she has the best concealment factor among all American DDs. Consider my own play style is getting as close as possible to the enemy then torp away to increase the chance of hitting. I still have 7.36 km torp range and my Benson can only be detected at 6.6 km. That's still a bargain. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Benson has terribly slow torp speed of 55 knots but she has the best concealment factor among all American DDs. Consider my own play style is getting as close as possible to the enemy then torp away to increase the chance of hitting. I still have 7.36 km torp range and my Benson can only be detected at 6.6 km. That's still a bargain. 

55 knots is not that slow considering im using 49 knots torps on Sims :D:D:D

Anyways up to you, you should have it your way :D:D:D

if you have to drop torps around 6km and there some DD between you and you target you gonna get spotted, at that range BB and Cruisers gonna eat you.

I prefer 10km torps and drop around 8km from target so it have 2km gap around target in case it sailing away my torps will still running for another 2 km :P

But Russian torps tactic might be difference :trollface:

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Sign in to follow this