You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TE_Deathskyz

Which is Saltier?

Saltiness   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Mogami tears or CV tears?

• Mogami
    • Aircraft Carriers

80 comments in this topic

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Then its a matter of skill over statistical controlled analysis.

I decide to leave skill out of the case altogether, one could easily say a USN squad could wipe out nearly all your 3 IJN squads with a good Alt Attack.

And if we bring an equally skilled Hiryuu against Ranger, the Hiryuu will have the upper hand simply because it's mod and planes are a lot more versatile, as explained in my first post.

Super Tester
1,459 posts
7,193 battles

And if we bring an equally skilled Hiryuu against Ranger, the Hiryuu will have the upper hand simply because it's mod and planes are a lot more versatile, as explained in my first post.

You mean the 12 TBs that get easily picked off?

Versatile but limited plane reserve (especially TBs, you get 3 squads of 4. And you use at least half or 3 of them when you make a run against a BB.)

Your DBs arent super durable as well. USN planes are much tougher overall.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,541 battles

http://puu.sh/ndNDt/8dfbb5d8d7.jpg

Sure this may be cherry picking but you will rarely hit 4, most of the time 3 and this is with the tight area of IJN and a stationary target.

Just going to reply to this, since Derpskyz' opinion pretty much mirrors mine on the other topic.

I commonly hit BBs/CVs for 4k - 5k damage.

More than 5k is fairly common and then there's the occasional "You're caked, son" drops.

Like these:

Pre-patch

WyzjEfY.jpg

Post-patch:

ZV3zXRU.jpg

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

You mean the 12 TBs that get easily picked off?

Versatile but limited plane reserve (especially TBs, you get 3 squads of 4. And you use at least half or 3 of them when you make a run against a BB.)

Your DBs arent super durable as well. USN planes are much tougher overall.

View PostLunaticRed, on 19 February 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

Anyways, the go to mods for Hiryuu are 2-2-2 and for ranger, 1-1-1. A 2-0-2 ranger is useless as all he will be doing is air denial, which rewards no exp and bombers do too little alpha damage and rely heavily on RNG. A 0-1-3 ranger will be shut down by a Hiryuu as a Hiryuu will always have a fighter squad. Thus a equally skilled 2-2-2 Hiryuu will always do more damage compared to a 1-1-1 Ranger. Not one this, a Hiryuu can kill the ranger with their first salvo, but a Ranger cannot with a 1-1-1 configuration.

I commonly hit BBs/CVs for 4k - 5k damage.

More than 5k is fairly common and then there's the occasional "You're caked, son" drops.

Sure you may be able to do 5k avg drops, but a Hiryuu would be able to deal that with one torpedo. Assuming you're running a 2-0-2 configuration on Ranger, you will be doing 10k per drop. This is 1 torpedo from a Hiryuu (out of four potential torpedoes) along with 2 squads of DBs. Again, the damage output potential is much higher in IJN CVs. I'm not saying IJN or USN needs a buff/nerf but CVs do need a rework IMO. I'm also stating that there should be a balance between the two without the need to be subjected to roles (Fighters for USN). Anyways, it's 5am. Goodnight.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,541 battles

Sure you may be able to do 5k avg drops, but a Hiryuu would be able to deal that with one torpedo. Assuming you're running a 2-0-2 configuration on Ranger, you will be doing 10k per drop. This is 1 torpedo from a Hiryuu (out of four potential torpedoes) along with 2 squads of DBs. Again, the damage output potential is much higher in IJN CVs. I'm not saying IJN or USN needs a buff/nerf but CVs do need a rework IMO. I'm also stating that there should be a balance between the two without the need to be subjected to roles (Fighters for USN). Anyways, it's 5am. Goodnight.

1900 here, because I don't live in silly time zones. :P

Anyway, I do agree that rewards for AS CVs is still a bit too low. (He says with an avg. of 1.2k exp on both general and Indie)

However the main difference I see with US/JP strike loadouts is that US loadouts are more consistent in their damage and also work

against experienced players.

(Undodgable DBs + single large wave of torps)

Sure the more diverse patterns of japanese air groups and their all together larger number of squads allows

them to drop from multiple directions, but that's also why I mentioned that US loadouts work better against experienced players.

Because when you assault a lonely BB it's prolly going to shoot down 2-3 aircrafts of one of those TB squads before they can launch their torps.

That opens up the required space for evasive maneuvers and will almost always result in dodging all incoming torpedoes or only getting hit by 1-2.

The single US torpedo salvo on the other hand fans out in a way that makes it pretty much impossible to dodge all torpedoes unless the CV player failed at

taking proper aim.

Edited by Retia