You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EnochIsHere

0.5.3 really soon

67 comments in this topic

575 posts
5,354 battles

So what is this supposed to mean?

Security

In Version 0.5.3, a new system has been introduced to protect against unsigned mods. When you install mods, you put your game client's stability at risk.

To ensure proper operation of the game client, we recommend that you use mods from the Official Mod Pack that is released for every version of the game.

What official mod pack? Are they saying that those made by Aslain and others are no longer allowed? A real clarification is needed here.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

What official mod pack? Are they saying that those made by Aslain and others are no longer allowed? A real clarification is needed here.

Still awaiting clarification about that as well. 

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,507 battles

I`m OK with changes in game balance, but I don`t get the reasonings they state in the FAQ.

They really want to make USNCVs like a click and forget type of ship. (Less fighter, more bombers without manual drop)

575 posts
5,354 battles

I`m OK with changes in game balance, but I don`t get the reasonings they state in the FAQ.

They really want to make USNCVs like a click and forget type of ship. (Less fighter, more bombers without manual drop)

Well, if they really wanted to do that then they could put AI controlled CVs into the PvP battles. :trollface:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Do WG even consider us Mogami user feelings?

I would rather use Myoko than having to use Mogami with 203mm because technically Mogami with 203mm is worse than Myoko.

Mogami was overperforming due to the range boost from AFT based on server statistics. That's why AFT was nerfed.

Mogami is still capable with the 20.3s paired with the Demolition Expert skill - it's basically Myoukou with a better turret layout.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Mogami was overperforming due to the range boost from AFT based on server statistics. That's why AFT was nerfed.

Mogami is still capable with the 20.3s paired with the Demolition Expert skill - it's basically Myoukou with a better turret layout.

RIght...then Mikhail recieved a buff which increase her range to 19.1km and ROF got increased to 7.5...Very funny WG...

And Mogami's range is only 15km, most of the T8 Cruisers will outranged her before she can do any damage

This is it...the final hammer to nail Mogami to the point of worst Cruiser at Tier 8

Super Tester
1,310 posts

RIght...then Mikhail recieved a buff which increase her range to 19.1km and ROF got increased to 7.5...Very funny WG...

And Mogami's range is only 15km, most of the T8 Cruisers will outranged her before she can do any damage

This is it...the final hammer to nail Mogami to the point of worst Cruiser at Tier 8

dont forget that mogami has an amazing concealment [ 9.6km fully upgraded](not as amazing as atago's 9.4km tough).. use it to close up to target..

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Unlike Mogami, who has decent armour for a cruiser and the 20.3cm guns (which are potent when paired with DE), Kutuzov needs the AFT-enabled range to be competitive, whereas Mogami does not. As it stands, its pretty much one of the T8 cruisers you don't likely want to use because it's a light cruiser and easily killed through citadels. Smoke only goes so far in helping keep it alive.

[KGHSF]
3,212 posts
6,046 battles

k bye

Can I have your stuff?

I'm just losing fascination. 
Edited by THAI_THIEF

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

I'm just gonna put a few points from 0.5.3 Q&A,

Q: Why was the effectiveness of the skills "Basic Firing Training" and "Advanced Firing Training" reduced?

A: There are several good reasons for this hard decision.

First, the damage caused by rapid-fire cruisers equipped with 6-inch (152-mm) guns is always (even in high-tier battles) very serious owing to an avalanche of HE shells, compared to either their peers (ships of the same tier and type) or ships of higher tiers. This has been statistically proven throughout the time that the skills have existed in the game.

Second, a player who returns to Tiers III–VI after mastering the Firing Training skills gains a big advantage. The lower the Tier, the more noticeable the advantage. Yes, Aoba has something to oppose Cleveland with. but what would be the result of a duel between a "powered-up" St. Louis and a "brand-new" Tenryu"? The high number of guns emphasises the difference and creates a gap between players. Blindly clicking 'Fire!' at enemy ships without thinking about the shell type, trajectory, and the like leaves no space for revealing personal skills.

Third, ships are researched as part of the Tech Tree branches in our game. For that reason, the Firing Training skills were quite valuable for some cruisers of the same branch, but optional for others. For destroyers, the pattern is more proportional: if you want to enhance the artillery effectiveness, master the Firing Training skills that work for Tiers II–X and they’ll be equally useful.

Also, a psychological problem of switching between ships was involved. It is too difficult to switch from 'blind firing' with 152-mm guns to more tactical and steady fire with 203-mm guns. The most typical example is Fututaka (previously, Aoba) and Pensacola. These are quite good ships. However, switching to them is distressing, and the skills make the contrast even greater.

Fourth: the gain in range was illogical. For example, in Version 0.5.2, Aurora did not use the range gain provided by the Advanced Firing Training skill. It physically could not fire that far. Besides, it seemed odd that the Mogami cruiser could fire 155-mm shells much farther than 203-mm ones while having the same GFCS.

Fifth, there were some balancing difficulties. These skills had a great influence on cruiser effectiveness. A typical example is Mikhail Kutuzov. In Version 0.5.3, we improved its performance characteristics to compensate for the reduced effectiveness of the skilled Commander in 0.5.2 (as initially planned). However, the situation with skills used to lead to vicious practices. Initially, we had to give the ship 'reduced' performance characteristics. Otherwise, players who had mastered the Firing Training skills would have an unstoppable ship, whose firing range would have been longer than that of battleships of the same tier. Kutuzov would not be the only problem. No doubt, the problems would arise in the branch of the U.S.S.R. cruisers as well.

Thats a wall of Damage Control right there..

Basically BFT & AFT was an exploit used by players to get the advantage in battle, and for some reason WG realized it just now

Why so late WG? Why don't you fix this back in Beta?

I mean both skill were clearly listed under Secondary Armaments tabs from long ago, why does it gets overlooked?

If BFT & AFT didn't affect main guns from long ago there would be no 'Mogami/Cleveland/St.Louis nerfed to the ground' fiasco right now

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Still awaiting clarification about that as well. 

This really has me scratching my torpedo head as well..... :hmm: