Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Tirpitz and Warspite on sale AGAIN in shop

46 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

OMG.....the price!:amazed:

Yeap....$52 NZD for Warspite (yeah doubloon and all but still...)

i got my Anshan for half that and it makes good $$$

Edited by Blitzkreig95

892 posts
7,853 battles

To be fair about the high prices...

They were supposed to be exclusive only ships. Never to be sold unless for very special occasions.

And that special occasion is, "WG needs more money"?:coin:

580 posts
1,587 battles

:ohmy:By Neptune's Silvery Beard! TEH TERPEETZ!! :ohmy:

God I've always been considering buying the darn thing but at these prices!? It's going to be a gamble... She'll be around for the next 12 Days... but I have to ask around fellow captains...

Is the Tirpitz really any good? What are the quirks should I watch out for if I really do get her... Darn and at Tier 8 she's way beyond my comfort zone but I really do want her... Should I?? Should I??

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

I don't know if it is right or not but seems like if you change your living region to developing countries you have somekind of discount. For example, choosing Vietnam as living region you have to pay something like 380.000 VND for the Anshan but if you choose Singapore, you pay 26 SGD, which convert to VND is something about 420.000 VND. That means in some certain country, things are cheaper. I don't know if it is right or not...

892 posts
7,853 battles

:ohmy:By Neptune's Silvery Beard! TEH TERPEETZ!! :ohmy:

God I've always been considering buying the darn thing but at these prices!? It's going to be a gamble... She'll be around for the next 12 Days... but I have to ask around fellow captains...

Is the Tirpitz really any good? What are the quirks should I watch out for if I really do get her... Darn and at Tier 8 she's way beyond my comfort zone but I really do want her... Should I?? Should I??

If you are already grinding the KMS line (cruisers only currently), it makes sense to consider adding the Tirpitz. She will definitely contribute to your captains' training. Not sure about your comfort zone but if you play her as an oversized CA, you'll be fine. At Tier 8, she will be more than a match but you'll of course be exposed to meeting higher tier ships too

[LYNMF]
463 posts
10,435 battles

watch the review man, i got scared the first time i watched one

i too am tempted but the high price means a no no

too bad :amazed:

580 posts
1,587 battles

If you are already grinding the KMS line (cruisers only currently), it makes sense to consider adding the Tirpitz. She will definitely contribute to your captains' training. Not sure about your comfort zone but if you play her as an oversized CA, you'll be fine. At Tier 8, she will be more than a match but you'll of course be exposed to meeting higher tier ships too

Well yeah I am currently loving the KMS line although they do have "squishy" modules but that's only when you play them wrong or losing the battle... but other than that I am falling in love so hard with my Nurnberg... Gonna skip the Yorck tho, terrible things I've heard from that one(or maybe I shouldn't)... but at Tier 8 is where I am hesitating, I don't know what to expect from enemies at that level but I do have some time in Tier 7 battles in the Atlanta...

Thanx for the inputs Chief! :honoring:

892 posts
7,853 battles

Well yeah I am currently loving the KMS line although they do have "squishy" modules but that's only when you play them wrong or losing the battle... but other than that I am falling in love so hard with my Nurnberg... Gonna skip the Yorck tho, terrible things I've heard from that one(or maybe I shouldn't)... but at Tier 8 is where I am hesitating, I don't know what to expect from enemies at that level but I do have some time in Tier 7 battles in the Atlanta...

Thanx for the inputs Chief! :honoring:

Good to hear you've been enjoying the Nurnberg. She's my fav KMS CL! I actually grind through the Yorck for my Hipper. Painful at first but one could enjoy her once the learning curve is overcome. You will fully appreciate the Hipper after the Yorck although she is still quite "fragile". Again, I XP'ed her for the Roon. With the Roon, I just free XP'ed for all her upgrades and have since brought her out twice, loving her much quicker ROF and the "spotter" aircraft needs getting used to.

Overall, KMS ships need to be played in a more supportive role with other ships. a Lone-wolf style of play almost always guarantees your sinking.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Good to hear you've been enjoying the Nurnberg. She's my fav KMS CL! I actually grind through the Yorck for my Hipper. Painful at first but one could enjoy her once the learning curve is overcome. You will fully appreciate the Hipper after the Yorck although she is still quite "fragile". Again, I XP'ed her for the Roon. With the Roon, I just free XP'ed for all her upgrades and have since brought her out twice, loving her much quicker ROF and the "spotter" aircraft needs getting used to.

Overall, KMS ships need to be played in a more supportive role with other ships. a Lone-wolf style of play almost always guarantees your sinking.

Yes I agree... I usually play them as Battleship shadows lending effective cruiser fire from the longer ranges... Gotta love that turn rate, reload, & low dispersion over distance these KMS guns have, I think it's only fair that they're godawful if placed as a frontline or as you say lone wolf ship... That's why knowing how the KM ships work I looked forward to having the Tirpitz to the collection... But I'd have to dig around for more info... I'm also looking into vid reviews on her and she looks to be the same play just not as squishy as the KM cruisers... altho her dispersion is terrible... hmmh

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

Wow, you can buy a brand new AAA title game with the price of Tirpitz.

They really do raise the price when they resell things.

Blys was around1400JPY first time and was raised around to 4000JPY when it came back.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,360 battles

loved to get the tirpitz . if it wasnt for the  bills this month ...can i laybuy

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Is this the fore runner for the imminent arrival of German BBs and Royal Navy Cruisers ?

One can hope

Nope, according to interview is that Royal Navy will be next and that's it. Plans for 2016 is already explained in this

The thing why Bismarck & Wasprite are in premium store right now because.... nothing, no big deal. When was the last time you saw Tirpitz in the shop?

753 posts
8,965 battles

I personally cannot see the point of buying a premium ship as they serve no real useful purpose other than training captains. Sure they earn you extra doubloons and free xp but I already have over 60 million doubloons and 92 thousand free xp just sitting there doing nothing.

If the xp they accumulated went towards researching other ships then maybe. I do use the ones I currently have that I earned in special events to train captains but apart from that I won't be buying one until their purpose is worth more than they currently are. 

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

Yes I agree... I usually play them as Battleship shadows lending effective cruiser fire from the longer ranges... Gotta love that turn rate, reload, & low dispersion over distance these KMS guns have, I think it's only fair that they're godawful if placed as a frontline or as you say lone wolf ship... That's why knowing how the KM ships work I looked forward to having the Tirpitz to the collection... But I'd have to dig around for more info... I'm also looking into vid reviews on her and she looks to be the same play just not as squishy as the KM cruisers... altho her dispersion is terrible... hmmh

Tirpitz  - It's one my favourite ships, good credit maker and I use the Kapitian in the Hindenburg, it is definitely a brawler 

It does bounce a large number of shells when angled and can take a beating and keep on ticking

Torps are great for close range battles and scaring off those annoying DDS 

It will see the Yamato/Montana/Midway and other Tier 10s on occasion  and the great drawback can be it's AA, Midway planes love you

Typical game such as tonight in it - (with premium account) $653k 8080 xp (bonus and flags) 8 citadels 4 ships sunk in t8 match with no CVS and 145k damage done, high caliber blah blah blah

I agree IT is expensive though

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,936 battles

Nope, according to interview is that Royal Navy will be next and that's it. Plans for 2016 is already explained in this

The thing why Bismarck & Wasprite are in premium store right now because.... nothing, no big deal. When was the last time you saw Tirpitz in the shop?

AH no it doesn't 

It specifically mentions the German Bbs and Russian Cruisers at 3.58 in the video and statea they plan to introduce another line maybe Great Britain or Australia

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

I personally cannot see the point of buying a premium ship as they serve no real useful purpose other than training captains. Sure they earn you extra doubloons and free xp but I already have over 60 million doubloons and 92 thousand free xp just sitting there doing nothing.

If the xp they accumulated went towards researching other ships then maybe. I do use the ones I currently have that I earned in special events to train captains but apart from that I won't be buying one until their purpose is worth more than they currently are. 

You mean silver or just 'regular' money.

All premium ships have solid stats, some OP, so there is a point buying premiums.

...Atlanta? Ohhhh I no speak English.

Sign in to follow this