Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

commander skill

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

hello

was just thinking, any chance you could do a commander skill that lets the ship slow down quicker ??

u have mods to turn the ship quicker or get to high speed quicker but nothing to be able to slow the ship down quicker.

I know you can turn and it helps to slow down a little but I was thinking commander skill that will help u slow down by 10-20% quicker??? just a thought?

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

hello

was just thinking, any chance you could do a commander skill that lets the ship slow down quicker ??

u have mods to turn the ship quicker or get to high speed quicker but nothing to be able to slow the ship down quicker.

I know you can turn and it helps to slow down a little but I was thinking commander skill that will help u slow down by 10-20% quicker??? just a thought?

:great: Yes yes yes, I want it. Life dodging torps will be easier

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Well, my big brother in the US Navy said that it is totally impossible to do that without causing damage to the ship. Dropping anchor when the ship is cruising at maximum speed may cause the bow to be ripped apart because... Physics. Therefore, none would do that. 

580 posts
1,587 battles

BREMBO Anchors upgrade... nice! :medal: Now to get the Carbon Fibre kit for the Kamikaze R, she has 3 NoS Tanks fitted in... Why? Because "Only Brembo can stop you"... It says there on the tin...

Edited by Kreigg

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

since ships can in fact slow down faster by using engine power, there is no reason not to have it as a modification.

Modern ships use variable pitch props, meaning they can go from full ahead to full astern with out stopping the shaft rotation

WWI/II era ships had to stop the shaft rotation before going astern, since the props were pitched in one direction 

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

If you wanted to use the anchor to slow down.... i would say that it would need to cost you a fair bit of your health points, after all, it WILL rip the bow of your ships to an extent.

However, using engine power, yeah, i can back that idea, having the upgrade say that it helps make the shaft rotation stop faster, therefore allowing slowing down happen faster, rather than something that makes it seem like something out of a fictional book lol

Theres no real harm in having ideas that could further improve the game, which im sure we all agree is what we want from the game, be the best it can be, especially since the dawn of that Chinese based "WoT artillery on water, but with subs", other ship game.

Sign in to follow this