You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

This isnt a RANT

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

Hello as it says this isn't a Rant lol this is a question haha

Ok, so what I would like to know is , Does the commander skill Vigilance which gives you 20% to acquisition range of torpedoes and the Target acquisition system mod 1 which also give you 20% to acquisition range of torpedoes work together and thus gives you 40% to acquisition range of torpedoes ???

or do they just work separately and don't work together at all ? and you still only have 20% to acquisition range of  of torpedoes ??? even if you have both ?

thanks

Super Tester
1,310 posts

oh my Ran,,,,,,,,,

oh wait its not RANT thread :amazed::amazed:

from what i know...

commander skill and mod upgrade are multiplicative

for example

5 km base AA + AFT + 500k AA mod

that is :
5 + 20% + 20% = 5 + 1 + 1 = 7 km ?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

thats wrong

its actually

5 x 1.2 x 1.2 = 7.2 km AA range<<<<<<< 1.2 = base(100%) + 20%

----------------------

now the target accuision and vigilance

lets take example for shima torp

shima torp gives us 9 sec torp reaction time

with both mod+skill it will become 9 x 1.2 x 1.2 = 12.96s reaction time

thats mean that shima torp that usually spotted from 1.7km away. will be spotted in around 2.4km away 

------------

anyway the reaction time for vigilance + target mod is just my calculation. and the spot range is just my prediction (old shima torp/before buffed was having 12s reaction time and it was spotted 2.2km away. it was buffed when extra effect from target mod was introduced, and vigilance was buffed)

Edited by ReNation

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

cuz the acquisition of torpedoes in my North Carolina is still the same and I don't seem to be able to pick up torpedoes any sooner than normal.

so really is a waste of time in having vigilance and target acquisition mod 1 on the same ship ??

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Is it a bug or is it just negligence on wg's end to mention that they override each other?

they should not override each other.

mod upgrade and captain skill will active together and improve the effect even more since they calculated in multiplicative, not additive,,

if additive => 1 + 20% + 20%  = 1 +0.2+0.2 = 1.4 => 40% improvement.. but this is not the case

the effect is actually like this => 1 x 120% x 120% = 1 x 1.2 x 1.2 = 1.44 => 44% improvement

also i need to add something here...

from my experience....

even if u can spot torpedo much earlier.. the SIREN will NOT ring earlier too...

if u ever hear torpedo siren its already to late mate...

CMIIW

Edited by ReNation

451 posts
6,946 battles

Hmm for AA, it seems to be additive. Below is the Atago with AA Gun mod2 but without AFT

shot-16.02.14_17.15.04-0987_zpsgmvjfw2u.

With AFT

shot-16.02.14_17.21.02-0311_zps0ubdsn4n.

it's multiplicative :v

3.6*1.2 = 4.3 est.

it says 20% yeah but the formula seems to be multiplication

I've heard of only a couple of additive perks, and one of them is the pyromaniac at tier 4

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,459 battles

Theres brackets in there somewhere. Check out ichase for details. I think he worked it out for his invisi firing calculations.

I believe the brackets around the multipliers, that is, the first multiplier is 20% then the second multiplier modifies the first.so 20% x 20% = 4% + 20, total percentage point increase is 24.

Edited by Addos

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

hmmm ok so 24% isn't to bad then if you are using both.

but doesn't really matter as it is, because I'm getting hit a lot more by torps in BBs now than ever b4 lol

but I wonder if WG looked at the stats for torpedos and went hmmm % of torpedo hits are low compared to the amount fired........ left buff DDs torps to increase the number of hit  hmmmmm

But bet they didn't think about players just like to spam torps even if they cant see a enemy ship to fire at lol so you going to have a low % hit rate anyways.

I think the new update is going to make the game worse not better.

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,459 battles

hmmm ok so 24% isn't to bad then if you are using both.

but doesn't really matter as it is, because I'm getting hit a lot more by torps in BBs now than ever b4 lol

but I wonder if WG looked at the stats for torpedos and went hmmm % of torpedo hits are low compared to the amount fired........ left buff DDs torps to increase the number of hit  hmmmmm

But bet they didn't think about players just like to spam torps even if they cant see a enemy ship to fire at lol so you going to have a low % hit rate anyways.

I think the new update is going to make the game worse not better.

You cant rely on detection mechanics alone to minimise getting hit by torps, youve really gotta be more of a student of the game to improve your chances.

Learn where on maps dds like to spam torps, take more notice of the mini map and conciouslt observe dds when spotted. By conciously observe, I mean if you spot a dd in front of you, and hes turning off you, know that theres at least a 50/50 chance hes just dumped and alter your course instantly.

GL!

Super Tester
1,310 posts

yep I do know all that, and does help but since the BB nerf, with it comes to turning, it can make it harder to dodge  

hey yobo...

do u have a ship that has target accuition mod + vigilance on her captain?

do u have training room mod?

aaannnddd.. do u have stopwatch?

i u have those.. lets test those on training room now... :)

216 posts
2,239 battles

Also would like to ask a question that regard this topic. On top of having both the target accusation mod and vigilance does this help stack on the consumable hydroacustic search (don't know why it's not just called sonar) or does this consumable not take the bonuses into account?

(no I don't have the training room mod, just wanting to see if anyone knew)