Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
byungnam

Did Lex has removed its secondary turrets?

13 comments in this topic

48 posts
2,941 battles

I played two games which I met stealthy, sneaky enemy DDs came to kill me. Since I did not sunk fast that I tried to evade the torps, I have a lot of time to see the engagements until I die.

But I only found my lex did not shoot back the secondary turrets even if the enemy was at literally "0"km away - which I tried to ram him.

And, I still see the secondary armament is not removed in port so I'm confused now.

Anyone?

Edited by byungnam

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Check your Lex's secondary turret's gun range if your target is actually in range. Though nobody would turn off their AA & secondary gun on their carrier. :sceptic:

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Check your Lex's secondary turret's gun range if your target is actually in range. Though nobody would turn off their AA & secondary gun on their carrier. :sceptic:

Like i said. People might accidentally turn off his secondary, especially a carrier who is being engaged by a destroyer. That destroyer could have set him on fire and instead of pressing R, he panicked and accidentally pressed the wrong key without noticing. 

Or, there is a chance that the secondaries were actually engaging. But your client was set on default which makes the computer does not animate small objects including shells from secondaries.

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

48 posts
2,941 battles

Well, I saw the bullets shot from an ally Ranger, until he died right in front of my Lex and I see no bullets are being shot after that. So that I found myself that my Lex do not shoot secondaries at that moment.

Hmm.. I'll double check this out when its possible.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Was the DD on your Port side?

IIRC the Lex has a minimum range on the Port side because the secondary turrets have to fire over the deck of the ship whereas the starboard side doesnt have a minimum range.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

I played two games which I met stealthy, sneaky enemy DDs came to kill me. Since I did not sunk fast that I tried to evade the torps, I have a lot of time to see the engagements until I die.

But I only found my lex did not shoot back the secondary turrets even if the enemy was at literally "0"km away - which I tried to ram him.

And, I still see the secondary armament is not removed in port so I'm confused now.

Anyone?

Are the secondaries destroyed ? Since you mention the DD is so close to you.

48 posts
2,941 battles

Was the DD on your Port side?

IIRC the Lex has a minimum range on the Port side because the secondary turrets have to fire over the deck of the ship whereas the starboard side doesnt have a minimum range.

Enemy DD was on the right side of me.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

On a side note it would be funny if the stock Lexington had her original 8 inch guns in 4 twin turrets

The US navy higher ups thought planes were not good enough to protect a warship from cruisers, so they installed them big guns on the carriers Lexington and Saratoga. The ship in game is actually the Saratoga as the Lexington never got the 5" DP guns as she was sunk before they were installed

331 posts
17,063 battles

are you sure you're not using the B hull?  The B hull does away with the secondaries for  more AA and more planes. not that it maters much cause its only 2 127 mm guns in single mounts fore and aft of the flight deck.

Sign in to follow this