Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Danjoy

A suggestion for team balance in random battles

4 comments in this topic

3 posts
2,523 battles

Sorry for my last thread. I did not know that rules about naming, and no intention to shame anyone.

Last week, I experienced a 10 consecutive defeats for 10 random battles in high tier room, which made me very angry because I performed at least OK, but the opposite team always seems to have much more skilled players than our team. My win rate is 53%, and I've played for about 1000 battles, 10 consecutive defeats is very rare to me.

So I began to check the history performance of my team players and the opposite team players. To my surprise, the opposite team is much more experienced than us, we lost due to the imbalance.

Unbalanced match.png

(I hide the ID of players, this is OK, right?)

You can see from the table, the average win rate of our team is 47.9%, while the opposite team is 52.2%. The number of battles fought also imply that their team players are much more experienced than ours.

In this situation, it is unfair and almost impossible for us to win!

I heard from the 5.3 public test news, that when an experienced players play a low rank ship, the match algorithm will not allocate them with new players, in order to protect new players.

Therefore, I want to make a suggestion for the match algorithm, that in high tier rooms, after the 24 players (or 14 players) are set for one game, can you sort the players of the same ship type according to their win rate, and allocate them equally to both teams? For example, there are 6 dds in that room, after sorting with the their win rate, put the highest win rate in team A, than No.2 and No.3 in team B, than No 4 and No.5 in team A, No.6 in team B. Same thing can be done for CA players.

It is not a complex mechanism, time complexity is just n with low space complexity.

Team balance is very important for high tier rooms, because defeat means losses of money in the game. And consecutive defeats due to team imbalance make us extremely unhappy with the game.

One more question:

There is a rumor spread widely in my local game community, most of them are experienced WoT and WoWs players, that match algorithm will intentionally match high win rate players with an average less experienced team. Then it would be harder for them to win, and the win rate of high win rate players will be "balanced".

I don't believe this rumor, but with my experience in high tier rooms, I am not sure about this rumor now.

You know, it is really frustrated that after hard work, you get a high rank ship, and always in an imbalanced random battle.

Can I at least get a reply from the developers?

Or what I can do is to be very disappointed, not play WoWs as much as before, and recommend my friends not play WoWs, because there will be a bad end waiting for us.

Unbalanced match.png

Edited by Danjoy

3 posts
2,523 battles

Hahahahaha!!! An Atago with 39% winrate... I'm pretty sure you know why and how, right?... 

What do you mean??

I guess that atago player is not experienced, and just bought a tier 8 ship.

But my complain is that why the match maker put all unskilled players in one team...

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Sorry for my last thread. I did not know that rules about naming, and no intention to shame anyone.

Last week, I experienced a 10 consecutive defeats for 10 random battles in high tier room, which made me very angry because I performed at least OK, but the opposite team always seems to have much more skilled players than our team. My win rate is 53%, and I've played for about 1000 battles, 10 consecutive defeats is very rare to me.

So I began to check the history performance of my team players and the opposite team players. To my surprise, the opposite team is much more experienced than us, we lost due to the imbalance.

Unbalanced match.png

(I hide the ID of players, this is OK, right?)

You can see from the table, the average win rate of our team is 47.9%, while the opposite team is 52.2%. The number of battles fought also imply that their team players are much more experienced than ours.

In this situation, it is unfair and almost impossible for us to win!

I heard from the 5.3 public test news, that when an experienced players play a low rank ship, the match algorithm will not allocate them with new players, in order to protect new players.

I think that protecting new players from experienced players is a very big mistake, because how are new players suppose to learn how to play the game if they are playing with other inexperience players????

New players need to be able to watch and see and listen to experienced players, to be able to improve and GET GOOD at the game??.

Because what will happen is when these new players then get to tier 4, they are just going to get their arses handed to them by experienced tier 4 players, and cop abuse because they will still have no idea how to play the game at tier 4 either and will again have to learn how to play.

if you look at WOT now as they did the same thing and the standard of player in WOT is the worst I have ever seen it. mind you most of the good players have left anyways.

protecting new players from experienced players is a very big mistake plus what's the point of giving us low tier gift ships then if u don't want us to play them???

Sign in to follow this