Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BIGCOREMKP0I

Weather (mostly hype)

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

anybody wants mist? :hmm: (very close range battle, cant see other ships too far) aggressive players will like this hahaha

And you know what next?... 

"Destroyer OP! Nerf them please!"

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

And you know what next?... 

"Destroyer OP! Nerf them please!"

cant spot dd from afar, then appear close range. and on the mist, i see no difference... let them rant to 

their hearts content till no one cares hahaha

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

anybody wants mist? :hmm: (very close range battle, cant see other ships too far) aggressive players will like this hahaha

inb4 match filled with German CAs using premium hydro :trollface:

1,126 posts

i would like

rain.= greatly reduce chance of ship cough on fire and/or greatly reduce time for extinguish fire, BB player would love it

fog = help conceal ship more (I bet it would cover only certain part of the map not entire map. compensate by disable torp leading indicator while inside fog.

storm = big wave may cause torpedoes likely to deviate from course. or minor damage form hitting rough wave (try play assassin's creed : black flag, and sailing in strom)

Edited by PGM991

Super Tester
1,310 posts

i would like

rain.= greatly reduce chance of ship cough on fire and/or greatly reduce time for extinguish fire, BB player would love it

fog = help conceal ship more (I bet it would cover only certain part of the map not entire map. compensate by disable torp leading indicator while inside fog.

storm = big wave may cause torpedoes likely to deviate from course. or minor damage form hitting rough wave (try play assassin's creed : black flag, and sailing in strom)

Summer Sun Shine : Increase every ship detection range :D:D:D this will make DD cry 

575 posts
5,354 battles

I wonder if they're actually going to put in high-state seas in with 'storms.' Doing so would make it rough on the ships costing them speed and maneuverability. When I served on the Sea Devil, we were caught in a major blow between Iceland and the British Isles. We were going to periscope depth to receive the broadcast when we were sucked up from 150' to sitting on the surface (well, part of us was anyway.) The old man said the waves were higher than scope #1 and he'd never seen waves like that in his 25 year career (at that time). I could not imagine being on the surface in a tin-can or cruiser. I think it would be cool to have storms like that in the game. Would make it very interesting. :D

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

i would like

and Night battle ... reduce detection range for all ship ... but fire a single shot and you will be spotted by whole map :teethhappy:

Edited by WindCruiser

460 posts
8,353 battles

Night time fights should introduce star shells (illumination rounds) and maybe search lights for some vessels. Weather of all kinds would certainly make some maps much more interesting.

168 posts
5,687 battles

Surprisingly, it's actually easier to spot ships during twilight times. 

Into the sun or with it?

Anyway, personally I'd love to see weather effects, given that weather/time of day was in fact significant in quite a few historical battles.  Think Jutland for starters.

Edited by Thingol

168 posts
5,687 battles

I wonder if they're actually going to put in high-state seas in with 'storms.' Doing so would make it rough on the ships costing them speed and maneuverability. When I served on the Sea Devil, we were caught in a major blow between Iceland and the British Isles. We were going to periscope depth to receive the broadcast when we were sucked up from 150' to sitting on the surface (well, part of us was anyway.) The old man said the waves were higher than scope #1 and he'd never seen waves like that in his 25 year career (at that time). I could not imagine being on the surface in a tin-can or cruiser. I think it would be cool to have storms like that in the game. Would make it very interesting. :D

I agree.

If they did it properly it should cause some headaches for the tin-cans especially.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I need new Gaming laptop in this case (barely goes to 30 fps without weather you guys talking about)

Edited by Harpoon01

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

best I heard was that WG was not going to introduce sea state (High waves etc) and the rain/snow/fog was for show only. This may change in the future.

I was looking forward to plowing through the chop at speed to get to the targets, sea spray going over the decks.

Sign in to follow this