Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fawx317

Any reason to keep the T9s after reaching T10s?

10 comments in this topic

139 posts
5,876 battles

I'm currently grinding through the Ibuki and Roon simultaneously, and from what I can see, both the Zao and the Hindenburg are straight up improvements from what their T9 counterparts can offer. 

Now some people will say keep them for the sake of sentimentalism, but honestly if I'm gonna play at the T9/10 zone, I'd rather bring out the best I can muster, that being the T10s once you get them. 

So my question is, other than sentimentalism, are there any reasons for keeping the T9s? Or to put another way, what's your reason for keeping them? (Especially for the Ibuki and the Roon)

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Some of Tier 9 is just simply more fun to play :D:D:D

for example i keep my Fletcher even i already got the Gearing because i like how the ship look and when you got match up with Tier 7 life couldn't be better (while normally Gearing will meet Tier 8) :D:D:D

And you might want to keep some Tier 9 in case you want to help your friend grind Tier 9 :great:

Alpha Tester
982 posts

In addition to what Melo just said I would add that you never know what missions, contests, clan wars are gonna have as tier restrictions down the road.

For that reason alone I suggest keeping one tier 9 around unless you are desperate to cash in on sale credits or have so many in reserve you don't mind paying full price for a tier 9 again down the road.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

In addition to what Melo just said I would add that you never know what missions, contests, clan wars are gonna have as tier restrictions down the road.

For that reason alone I suggest keeping one tier 9 around unless you are desperate to cash in on sale credits or have so many in reserve you don't mind paying full price for a tier 9 again down the road.

Sure you never know when WG decide you to use Tier 9 for somethings :hiding:

+ you can have skilled captain when you need to use Tier 9 without training a new one or covert from other ship with gold :D:D:D

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,099 battles

I've heard from various friends that they personally believe the Iowa (tier 9) is superior to the Montana (tier 10) in terms of "fun gameplay". The rationale behind this is that the Iowa gets better matchmaking, and the stat increases upon upgrading to the Montana are marginal at best, meaning that the small improvements aren't worth moving up one tier of MM. Not to mention, going up a tier also increases repair costs and the like.

Of course, your mileage may vary, and everyone has their own different experiences, preferences and opinions. Perhaps some of you might prefer the Montana, who knows.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,365 battles

i always wanted the iowa now i got it she a keeper... not really fussed about getting a tier10 only reason to have one is for clanwars but that be awhile yet

Alpha Tester
982 posts

I've heard from various friends that they personally believe the Iowa (tier 9) is superior to the Montana (tier 10) in terms of "fun gameplay". The rationale behind this is that the Iowa gets better matchmaking, and the stat increases upon upgrading to the Montana are marginal at best, meaning that the small improvements aren't worth moving up one tier of MM. Not to mention, going up a tier also increases repair costs and the like.

Of course, your mileage may vary, and everyone has their own different experiences, preferences and opinions. Perhaps some of you might prefer the Montana, who knows.

Hmmmm. I'm still on my NC. I've never heard anyone say that but I am coming to suspect that same conclusion as well. It's really not THAT much of a step up for the extra tier level and playing costs. Seems to me that Iowa is the E-75 of Warships. Well, at least the E-75 I knew of old. I've been off tanks for over a year now.

Beta Tester
911 posts

Only 2 tier 9s I'm keep is the Iowa and Fletcher.

IMO, the fletcher could be one of the best DDs in the game with a max concealment captain and torp mods.

The Iowa, is just the Iowa, maybe its fun to play once in a while. Of if WG decides on T9 ranked bracket or something.

139 posts
5,876 battles

Thanks for the feedback guys! :honoring: I suppose there is some truth about T9-only events/missions being implemented in future, although the trend now seems to be either T5-6 or 7-8.

Personally the repair costs don't really bother me, as I keep a fleet of T5-8s to keep the credits rolling in to fund TX games (I run a Yamato regularly). So IMO between a T10 that's a better version of the T9 counterpart (In my case, Ibuki/Zao and Roon/Hindenburg), I'd rather roll with the TX.

Having said that, I'll still choose to keep one of the two for "just in case" purposes I guess. Problem now is which.

Much appreciated on the feedback :great:

Sign in to follow this