You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Akashi

Anshan worth it?

25 comments in this topic

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

Hello y'all.....

I just wanna ask, especially those who currently has Anshan, if it is worth it......

Basically, I know it is a Gnevny DD, only guns been changed, upgradable to 8km torps, and it has been moved up in tier 6...........

So, I noted that it has 30secs in 180 degree turn.......+6 sec advantage from the original Gnevny......but still slow turret rotation, slower than low-mid tier IJN DD's........

its ok to buy it for "port display purposes".....but is it worth it in battle.....is it inferior, on par, or superior than the Kamikaze?

:honoring:

55 posts
1,452 battles

I've racked up a decent amount of battles in my Gnevny, and the Anshan seems very similar (But better). So I dont own it, but what I can say if it is anything like the Gnevny it will be very good. Even in T6. The turret traverse isnt much of a problem if you stay farther back, I mean the advantage of the 130mm guns is fast velocity, low arc. So if you stay farther back and not duel other dds at close range you will always come out on top. And the 130mm's are hilarious vs. cruisers you will be able to rack up a lot of citadels who think they can sail broadside on. 

Overall just looking at it and comparing it to the grem and gnevny seems like a pretty decent DD, so if you've played those ships and liked them I think you would like it but its your decision and money. 

One last thing to consider is, are you looking for something to have fun in and sink stuff? Credits? Or to train other captains (Which the Anshan can't do).

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Some of it's appeals are 8 km/60 knot torps and premium camo that doubles free exp earning, the rest of the ship is pretty much Gnevny..

Had a few games with it.. It's very flexible, can be both torpedo boat and a gunboat, decent amount of HP and speed, and the best of all it gets the fun T6 matches

No, it's not even comparable to Kami/Minekaze.. This ship would melt them fast.. I'd say its worth every penny..

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

I've racked up a decent amount of battles in my Gnevny, and the Anshan seems very similar (But better). So I dont own it, but what I can say if it is anything like the Gnevny it will be very good. Even in T6. The turret traverse isnt much of a problem if you stay farther back, I mean the advantage of the 130mm guns is fast velocity, low arc. So if you stay farther back and not duel other dds at close range you will always come out on top. And the 130mm's are hilarious vs. cruisers you will be able to rack up a lot of citadels who think they can sail broadside on. 

Overall just looking at it and comparing it to the grem and gnevny seems like a pretty decent DD, so if you've played those ships and liked them I think you would like it but its your decision and money. 

One last thing to consider is, are you looking for something to have fun in and sink stuff? Credits? Or to train other captains (Which the Anshan can't do).

thanks for your insights............looks like this is a +1 consideration for me to get this ship......

at your last question tho, I just wanna have a captain trainer for the specific nation line for later, just in case in the future WG decides to implement a new nation line.....credits is also a variable tho..........fun yes......sink? not much, as long as I can deal damage as large as I can...

I'm leaving this here.

ktrJbuz.jpg

oy you rich cwap, share your insights :angry:

Some of it's appeals are 8 km/60 knot torps and premium camo that doubles free exp earning, the rest of the ship is pretty much Gnevny..

Had a few games with it.. It's very flexible, can be both torpedo boat and a gunboat, decent amount of HP and speed, and the best of all it gets the fun T6 matches

No, it's not even comparable to Kami/Minekaze.. This ship would melt them fast.. I'd say its worth every penny..

ye one notices mien attention is the 8km torps, with 60 knots........unlike Blyska's 8km, with 57 knots (but still better gun damage, reload, rotation, speed)

if you say so that it is FUN in tier 6......this is the second point that may consider me getting this sheep....

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

It's also a fairly good ship for ranked battles I find.

It has better anti-destroyer capabilities than the US DDs and Ognevoi (Atleast in my opinion Ognevoi is more of a support DD),

but at the same time the 8km torpedoes are good against most targets or for are denial.

The only major downside is that you can't use and train one of your existing captains.

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

It's also a fairly good ship for ranked battles I find.

It has better anti-destroyer capabilities than the US DDs and Ognevoi (Atleast in my opinion Ognevoi is more of a support DD),

but at the same time the 8km torpedoes are good against most targets or for are denial.

The only major downside is that you can't use and train one of your existing captains.

yep this is one of the reasons why I am planning to get this.....substitute when the Cleveland is still in battle

well, prolly soon the line to that nation will appear, so at least a captain with lots of skills comes in handy......

if you like Gnevy, this is a must get.

It is better than kamikaze R only except concealment imo.

well in terms of longer range torps, faster reload time, same maneuverability, 38 knots....indeed it is......

only well...turret rotation O_O

451 posts
6,946 battles

yep this is one of the reasons why I am planning to get this.....substitute when the Cleveland is still in battle

well, prolly soon the line to that nation will appear, so at least a captain with lots of skills comes in handy......

well in terms of longer range torps, faster reload time, same maneuverability, 38 knots....indeed it is......

gun mod2 + expert marksman will nab u 19sec traverse

The dpm drop is somewhat noticeable though

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

130mm shells bro :trollface:  You win fire arc and damage. Compensated.

even 19 sec turn time, you still can fire while turning ur ship except in full speed

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

130mm shells bro :trollface:  You win fire arc and damage. Compensated.

even 19 sec turn time, you still can fire while turning ur ship except in full speed

In Soviet China we not turning our turrets, we turning the whole ship :D:D:D

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Met Anshan many times with Furutaka, it's quite durable. 1vs1 with me, took my 80% health by it's cannon before I can finally destroy him. I don't know what shell's type he use.

Edited by MissMeMiss

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Met Anshan many times with Furutaka, it's quite durable. 1vs1 with me, took my 80% health by it's cannon before I can destroy him. I don't know what shell's type he use.

Prob AP, 130mm AP can citadel even Mogami if you know what you doing :D

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

View PostIJN_Akashi, on 10 February 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

To be honest I wouldn't even be sure if there will be an entire "Pan-Asian" techtree, it might just be a couple premium vessels.

Which would be fine by me. (Pinghai and Ninghai when WG?)

575 posts
5,354 battles

Well, at first I was going to say no; however, when I returned back to the forums and read that those 'Russian' torpedoes could be upgraded to 8km range. Some how I missed those while outfitting the ship. However, I fixed that oversight. The ship is great, responsive, deadly accurate, and pretty sturdy ship. I like it.

451 posts
6,946 battles

The HE damage is abyssmal. I am having mutsukis rush me in almost every game, and that is a big problem. They have better alpha strike and always break my guns before i can break theirs.

Kinda regretted a little after so many games in it...

Now i just play for caps :(

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

The HE damage is abyssmal. I am having mutsukis rush me in almost every game, and that is a big problem. They have better alpha strike and always break my guns before i can break theirs.

Kinda regretted a little after so many games in it...

Now i just play for caps :(

How a Mutsuki can win you over a gun fight :amazed:

451 posts
6,946 battles

IJN HE i guess :D:D:D

mutsuki 5 second reload breaks modules like crazy

Im struggling to outdamage him even with the 5 second reload due to the pathetic HE damage. And i hit most of my shots.

I dont consider myself a bad captain in this ship, it's just so frustrating when u have many shots in and the mutsuki still lives. I dont have a problem with the ognevoi and kiev, so i think the different ammunition plays some role here

For those who have this ship and have actually played it (not analyzed it on paper) don't you think the HE is severely underwhelming to be called a tier 6 gunboat?

Edited by Kleiss

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

For those who have this ship and have actually played it (not analyzed it on paper) don't you think the HE is severely underwhelming to be called a tier 6 gunboat?

No, 130mm are superior even after the HE nerf imo.
Edited by R3negade

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

how the heck does one lose a shootout with a mutsuki in ANY SV DD?

At close ranges, IJN destroyer guns aren't actually all that bad, especially in the hands of someone who uses them to knock out modules.

55 posts
1,452 battles

At close ranges, IJN destroyer guns aren't actually all that bad, especially in the hands of someone who uses them to knock out modules.

This.... Ive had so many games in my Ru and USN dds where a sneeky IJN dd fires and blasts me with 3k damage destroying 1-2 turrets and taking out my engine with their first salvo.