Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kleiss

DP guns AA visuals

7 comments in this topic

451 posts
6,946 battles

Just wondering, since for some destroyers their guns are Dual Purpose, when there is a plane around do they shoot the plane? Even when on gun cooldown? Or do we just see lines coming out from the guns to shoot the plane every set interval? 

I haven't noticed the DP guns actually try to visually angle and shoot aircraft, so I was curious about that.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

any DP gun on DD (mutsuki/hatsu/fubuki/shima/gearing/fletcher/benson/etc)

will shoot the plane as long as the planes is inside its AA range (usually its 5km range)

its not animated. but it is surely shooting...

if its not shooting. then it must be a bug(just like mutsuki sometimes ago when her dp is bugged) or see reason below.

and dont worry about using ur gun...

even if u are shooting another ship, or still in cooldown. ur AA from DP gun will always shooting (as long as its not disabled)

what makes DP gun not shooting AA :
1. theres no plane inside its DP AA range

2. u didn't see(detect) the planes (scout planes has 4km detection range, if the planes is 4.5km away from you. u cant see the enemy spotter. ofcourse ur dp gun will not shoot)

3. AA/2ndary is turned off (P button)
4. ur DP gun(maingun) is destroyed

5. when u are already sunked.

Edited by ReNation

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,349 battles

Just wondering, since for some destroyers their guns are Dual Purpose, when there is a plane around do they shoot the plane? Even when on gun cooldown? Or do we just see lines coming out from the guns to shoot the plane every set interval? 

I haven't noticed the DP guns actually try to visually angle and shoot aircraft, so I was curious about that.

What I know is you don't have visual but sound effects on DP gun when it is shooting at planes. The AA damage for ur DP gun will be added into the calculation when you enabled AA.
Edited by R3negade

451 posts
6,946 battles

What I know is you don't have visual but sound effects on DP gun when it is shooting at planes. The AA damage for ur DP gun will be added into the calculation when you enabled AA.

okay, seems weird, but thanks!

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

At least you will still get visuals and target tracking from the dedicated AA guns like the 40mm bofors on the Farragut class DD's or the 25mm on the Minekaze's

Sign in to follow this