You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

Torpedo Target Select Problem  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had trouble selecting the correct target when using torpedoes and the X key

2. 2. How would you like to see the target select to work

• Toggle left to right
    • Toggle right to left
    • Toggle nearest to furthest away

7 comments in this topic

2 posts

Hello, I am a big fan of WOW. I mostly play in destroyers and have found this to be a major problem when playing.

When it comes time to fire off the torpedoes, I almost always find that the automatic target select has picked the wrong target to fire at. Using the X key I furiously try to switch to the target I want, but as usual it refuses to do so. At this point I am forced to switch over to guns, zoom in on the target I want, wait for it to select it, and then switch back to torpedoes. By this time the target is behind an island or Ive moved into detection range.

Its even worse when you want to fire at one target, then smoothly switch to another. Ive had to do a lot of judging by eye, with mixed results.

I think the automatic target selection is based on who you spotted first, but not sure.

I know it would make more sense if the target selection was based on the following

• Toggle left to right
  • Toggle right to left
  • Toggle nearest to furthest away

This has affected my game play experience.  Ive had quite a few missed opportunities as I've desperately tried to select the target I want.

I hope this gets to the developers for fixing.

Many thanks and again, Love the game and your work

Glen

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

It would also be handy if the target selected was also highlighted on the minimap.

It would make things easier when ships are bunched up.

2 posts

Hi, as an example in my most recent game the automatic target selection did not lock onto the nearest target (a big fat BB), but would only toggle between a target out of range and another heading away. All were grouped in as 5 or 6 enemy ships. Once again i had to go into guns, zoom in and then back to torps. I know that there is probably a lot i'm missing, but I'm still not seeing any logic in how targets are selected.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Hi, as an example in my most recent game the automatic target selection did not lock onto the nearest target (a big fat BB), but would only toggle between a target out of range and another heading away. All were grouped in as 5 or 6 enemy ships. Once again i had to go into guns, zoom in and then back to torps. I know that there is probably a lot i'm missing, but I'm still not seeing any logic in how targets are selected.

Guess you haven't use the X button for unlock target or switch target shortcut.

It's press X to unlock the lock-on target, then point the enemy then press X to lock on it.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Remapping one of your mouse keys to work as X makes your life infinitely easier for both guns and torpedoes  :playing: