You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
N1gh7W0lf

A Lobby Type Area

5 comments in this topic

4 posts
600 battles

An idea is to have a split screen lobby type area where by on one side you have a community text chat where any one who is connected to the lobby can communicate with every one in the lobby in a live text chat style room. On the other side a list of games that are being played that can be clicked on and spectated by any one from the lobby. 

It is then possible to branch off other options on eather side like a menu to right click add users to friends list, invite to the main groups room, view profile. Just to name a few things. 

Im sorry if this has been suggested in the past but i am fairly new here and wanted to offer a few ideas to consider.  

3 posts
162 battles

An idea is to have a split screen lobby type area where by on one side you have a community text chat where any one who is connected to the lobby can communicate with every one in the lobby in a live text chat style room. On the other side a list of games that are being played that can be clicked on and spectated by any one from the lobby. 

It is then possible to branch off other options on eather side like a menu to right click add users to friends list, invite to the main groups room, view profile. Just to name a few things. 

Im sorry if this has been suggested in the past but i am fairly new here and wanted to offer a few ideas to consider.  

like twitch?

4 posts
600 battles

thanks for the reply CellBot, though im not really sure what twitch is. I know a lot of online games have areas much like this where people can text chat with each other , it would also make it a lot easier to get to know people and find team mates as well. And the spectator feature is kind of a shoe in. At the moment the current set up makes you feel kind of isolated, im aware the team game updates may address much of that but making it easier for members to communicate with each other and keeping in touch is a must. A live chat and a list of current games will tie the member into the game more, it also opens the door to new members being able to get in contact with experienced players thus helping the new members and giving them more of a chance to stay in game.

It would be an awesome idea to have an ADD to friends list in game too, so if you make friends in the middle of a battle you can quickly add to your list. Often simply rightclicking on some ones name and selecting add to friends i the best way but its up to the developers. 

For example:

I am still fairly new, when i am in game i dont do a lot of typing but from time to time i do stumble upon some one i think might make a good friend/ally .. But with the names being a mix of letters numbers and symbols its really hard to remember a name to be added after the round ends.

Edit: i just researched twitch, thats more of a streaming thing... that would not really fit in to the games constructs. I was thinking more a long the lines of a live text chat so basicly a chat room where all the members can join and chat. With a list of current games off to one side or what ever.  ummmmm i could locate an example of the kind of thing if needs be 

Edited by N1gh7W0lf

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

There are common chat channels in the port.

I wouldn't want those to be available in the battle interfaces as there are enough things going on without players being distracted as it is....

4 posts
600 battles

There are common chat channels in the port.

I wouldn't want those to be available in the battle interfaces as there are enough things going on without players being distracted as it is....

i know there is common chat channels, and you are right there should not be chat channels in game due to distractions... how ever my idea has nothing to do with both points you just said but thank you for the reply