Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_HardHitter_

What happens when you download and play on EU or NA client from Asia?

10 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Just curious, i heard ping would be too bad, is that true?

ofcourse... since u cant just bypass geographical limit

as for me example from indonesia

getting ping to JP/TW is around 70-80

to SG is about 30-40

to CN is about 110-130 (thanks to oh mighty GreatfireWall)

to NA is about 220-250

to Eu is about 280-330

ping booster like wtfast/pingzapper can help with reducing packet lost. but they cant reduce ur ping number. so expect some delay... (the same reason why i dont play BnS west)

if u want to reduce ur ping, u have to move to location near the server :v

Edited by ReNation

Super Tester
509 posts

Ping is fine as this is a super slow paced game not a twitch shooter like counterstrike. Heck World of Tanks is more twitch than this game so dont worry about ping just play on the server you like best and consider prices and language.

Super Tester
630 posts
9,482 battles

You don't even need to redownload the game if you wanted because there's an server config xml you could edit or find a mod (in aslains modpack) to change the region but you would have to put up with server updates not being in sync as some servers update faster than others.

That being said I play on NA myself from NZ and I get the same ping but there's quite a lot more teamwork and rage/salt on NA so it's up to you to decide on what server you want to play on.

58 posts
3,607 battles

You don't even need to redownload the game if you wanted because there's an server config xml you could edit or find a mod (in aslains modpack) to change the region but you would have to put up with server updates not being in sync as some servers update faster than others.

That being said I play on NA myself from NZ and I get the same ping but there's quite a lot more teamwork and rage/salt on NA so it's up to you to decide on what server you want to play on.

I thought your asian WG account only valid on asia server

Super Tester
1,310 posts

u can use asia client to play at NA/EU (as long as they deploy same client version)

u just need to mod the server selection

as for an account.

ASIA/NA/EU is not linked.

if u decide to play at other server. u have to make a brand new account and play from 0 again...(probably from 1 is suited better :teethhappy:)

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

About doing the config change to get different servers on the one install,if they change the version on one of the servers you won't be able to load it,happened with NA and the Halloween event,I couldn't log in from the SEA version.I have been running seperate installs since so I don't have to worry about it.

Also if you are suffering from the lag issues due to the cable issue from Australia to Singapore at the moment,the NA connection is a lot more stable and less lag,averaging about 105ms from Melbourne,Australia.

58 posts
2,867 battles

I was really pissed abiut not being able to play the NA halloween event. When it takes 3 days to do a clean install (1.1mps dowload due to the poor local connection), running two separate clientsmis not feasable.

121 posts

i got very high ping in NA and since when i transfer to asia the ping is low

i sometimes get high ping in asia when i use wifi on my mac

and i heard that australians got ping issues too

WG should make one for them

Sign in to follow this