Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KongouHime

IJN CV Tier VIII Shokaku and VII Hiryu comparison

1 comment in this topic

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

After playing with CV Tier VII Hiryu (best CV in my opinion) in quite sometime, finally I researched this CV Shokaku but the problem is that it has the same layout as the Tier VII CV Hiryu in 2-2-2 plane configuration more likely it is upgraded Hiryu with better life points and AA defense. I really want to play this CV because I'm planning to stop only at Tier IX Taiho maybe if I have time, I'll get Tier X Hakuryu, and I'm training myself to be a better CV player but seeing this ship reminds me on its history that she is known as Miss Misfortune maybe I'll battle at tier VIII-X and it's a misfortune for me because of few things. I will list pros and cons about Shokaku and Hiryu based on my experience.

Tier VIII Shokaku

Pros:

1. Same vibe as Hiryu with 2-2-2 layout.

2. Ships of Tier VI-VII are included in a maximum Tier VIII battle.

3. If getting lucky with a nice team, your will spend less credits for repairs.

4. If enemy CV especially Lexington are noobs, you will have a slight advantage.

5. If pro enough, you can attack the enemy CV directly.

6. Durable planes but don't expose for too long on enemy ships.

7. Agile ship with a speed of about 34 knots.

8. Gives terrible damage to a single ship if you know how to combine your TB and DB attacks.

Cons:

1. Repair costs about 100k credits if I got sunk.

2. OP AA defense likewise in all Tiers VIII-X ships.

3. Risky to initiate in full attack force due to cruisers gathering together will use AA defense consumable that even a single TB or DB     squadron, they will immediately use it without thinking.

4. Lady Lexington with 2-1-1 layout.

5. If you are reckless Shokaku player, you will lose planes quickly than a careful Shokaku player.

5. Pro CV players tend to strafe often, I can strafe but not as pro as them.

6. If your flight deck is on fire and repairs are on cooldown, RIP to you as you can't land or launch planes.

7. Some DD players are experts in sneaking and attacking the CV without warning, and

8. If you will be assign to a Tier X battle, it's a misfortune to you.

Tier VII Hiryu

Pros:

1. You will battle at Tiers VII-IX.

2. Tier V-VI ships are included in a maximum Tier VII battle if getting lucky with MM sama.

3. Balanced layout of 2-2-2 plane configuration.

4. Repairs are less than Shokaku.

5. Fighter battles are average to me(opinion only).

6. Tier V cruisers don't have AA defense consumable so it's okay to attack them in full force.

7. Same speed as Shokaku with 34 knots.

8. Gives terrible damage to a single ship if you know how to combine your TB and DB attacks. I remember sometimes that I one-hitted an enemy Ryujo, Hiryu, Independence, or Ranger in some of my battles due to massive damage that planes give especially fires or flooding if repairs are on cooldown.

Cons:

1. Repairs are average(76k credits) if got sunk.

2. Ranger 2-0-2 plane layout.

3. Same statement about AA defense consumable(refer to my no.3 about Shokaku cons)

4. If playing in Tier IX battle, misfortune to you again.

5. Ships with high AA defense are harsh to your planes.

6. If your flight deck is on fire and repairs are on cooldown, RIP to you as you can't land or launch planes.

7. If you are reckless Hiryu player, you will lose planes quickly than a careful Hiryu player.

8. Same statement about strafing(no.5 Shokaku cons).

I know that there are more pros and cons about these CV's but that's all I can think about these ships' pros and cons. So, my closure for this topic, should I stay with my Hiryu or move forward and  buy and play Shokaku?

P.S. I have enough money for Shokaku but a common problem for all players, not enough port slot -_-.

zlecG4F.jpg

Pic for attention :v Shokaku(left) and Zuikaku(right) :D

Sign in to follow this