Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Black_Beard

Tashkent aka, Wargaming wants you to buy gold.

36 comments in this topic

55 posts
1,452 battles

So... 

Less gun range than Kiev...

Size of a Cleveland...

Turn radius of a heavy cruiser?...

Rudder shift of a heavy cruiser?....

4 km torpedoes....8 km when upgraded, but less speed, and damage...

9.4 concealment (stock)...

weak AA....

Recently nerfed HE damage and fire chance...

Ugly...:trollface:

So why is the Kiev, Ognevoi, Gnevny, heck even the islayav almost better in every way than the Trashkent... Not only do people stop at Kiev and free exp it because its such garbage, in 0.5.3 they want to give it a 3000 doubloon camouflage that makes the ship a slightly lighter blue... I dont even.. I dont know....is wargaming to afraid of the ugliness of the Trashkent to even give it a decent camouflage?

At least give the Trashkent the same range as Kiev... Even better switch the Kiev and the Tashkent. It would be somewhat garbage at tier 7. Rather than being a pointless member of your team in T8.

Wait, why not make a premium Russian T8 DD that has way better stats, kinda like how they nerfed Kiev then sold Blyskawica (aka Kiev 2.0 on steriods with Invisfire and usable torpedoes) kinda like the Gnevny and the Gremyashchy :trollface:

Edited by Captain_Black_Beard

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

If you don't like a particular ship, then don't use it.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to play it...

Edited by AntifoulAwl

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Dont forget that Tashkent have a large amount of HP and when you have concealment expert + all modules and camo the spotting rage reduce to 7.5 which will make Tashkent able to stealth trops, so for i think the ship need some firing range buff but other than that the ship is good enough :D:D:D 

55 posts
1,452 battles

pro tip: if you don't like tashkent, quit russian dd's now. 

Why would I quit the entire line because of one ship that needs fixing? The entire line up to the Trashkent is perfectly fine.... I wish I could join T8 games in my Gnevny without a division...

55 posts
1,452 battles

Dont forget that Tashkent have a large amount of HP and when you have concealment expert + all modules and camo the spotting rage reduce to 7.5 which will make Tashkent able to stealth trops, so for i think the ship need some firing range buff but other than that the ship is good enough :D:D:D 

Thanks for the answer, and no kidding would I love concealment expert, but it takes a long time to get the T5 capn perks... The large Hp pool is useless due to the fact is so much easier to hit and harder to turn than the Kiev was.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,349 battles

I don't get why you complain about Tashkent when she can do more stuff when compared to a Kiev.

You have access to a new mod slot and torpedoes.

People tend to only blame the cons of the ship and forget if WG doesnt tweak it, it may become OP.

In my opinion Soviet DDs are getting better and better by the tier goes up.

Edited by R3negade

575 posts
5,354 battles

Ugly...:trollface:

So why is the Kiev, Ognevoi, Gnevny, heck even the islayav almost better in every way than the Trashkent... Not only do people stop at Kiev and free exp it because its such garbage, in 0.5.3 they want to give it a 3000 doubloon camouflage that makes the ship a slightly lighter blue... I dont even.. I dont know....is wargaming to afraid of the ugliness of the Trashkent to even give it a decent camouflage?

Because it is a tier 7 ship. Why do I say that? Look at the ships currently at tier 7 across the board. I see a pattern of bad or mediocre ships at this tier. There certainly aren't any stand outs. However, those in the IJN line are better than their counter-parts. In my opinion, these ships are 'hump' or 'filter' ships. The grind on them are trying, frustrating, or down right maddening. I guess WG did it to force players to either work hard to learn how to play better at this tier to advance, or to discourage them from proceeding any further into the higher tiers filtering or weeding out players that maynot have what it takes to perform at the higher tiers. Sure this is just a theory and I could be completely off base; however, it sure has the look of something like that.

55 posts
1,452 battles

I don't get why you complain about Tashkent when she can do more stuff when compared to a Kiev.

People tend to only blame the cons of the ship and forget if WG doesnt tweak it, it may become OP.

The only advantage she gets over Kiev is concealment module and more Hp I dont consider the torpedoes an upgrade because getting under 8km is impossible in this ship unless a bb sails in a straight line and never moves or puts himself next to an island. The Cons outweigh its pros. I don't see how at least buffing the range to be the same as the Kiev a lower tier ship would make it OP... Look at the mogami, its not going to have AFT in 0.5.3 People are going to cry over it and ask for a very similar buff since the myoko has more range. 

The Mikhail Kutuzov, had 14.9 km range, wargaming buffed that to 15.9 then they are going to buff it to 19km. I dont see how making the Tashkent go from 11.7- 12.3 OP.... 

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Why would I quit the entire line because of one ship that needs fixing? The entire line up to the Trashkent is perfectly fine.... I wish I could join T8 games in my Gnevny without a division...

Ok, I see how I have to put this:

GOOD LUCK WITH THE UDALOI AND THE  KHARBAROVSK.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,349 battles

The only advantage she gets over Kiev is concealment module and more Hp I dont consider the torpedoes an upgrade because getting under 8km is impossible in this ship unless a bb sails in a straight line and never moves or puts himself next to an island. The Cons outweigh its pros. I don't see how at least buffing the range to be the same as the Kiev a lower tier ship would make it OP...

For me, when I play a Tashkent, I always go to the side that has more enemies, So I can drop torpedoes while retreating, you can drop torps at 10km per minute and the enemy will catch your torps somehow :D

Because you can go for torpedo runs in a Tashkent, so having a little fire range nerf is reasonable right ?

Maybe I play with concealment expert on Tashkent so I don't really have major problem, yeah considering if you don't have that skill, it should be harder to play :P

Look at the mogami, its not going to have AFT in 0.5.3 People are going to cry over it and ask for a very similar buff since the myoko has more range. 

Just forget about them, those players are just too bad to be a Tier 8 admiral, they need to rely on AFT too make his Mogami imba so they can win someone finally lol.

The Mikhail Kutuzov, had 14.9 km range, wargaming buffed that to 15.9 then they are going to buff it to 19km. I dont see how making the Tashkent go from 11.7- 12.3 OP.... 

Woot, where you see this. Or you tested it on PT ?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

The large Hp pool is useless due to the fact is so much easier to hit and harder to turn than the Kiev was.

Tashkent can be hard to maneuver due to the reasons that you already said, but it still the fastest DD at the Tier 8, using somethings like changing speed and fake turn like Cruiser and be proof quite hard to hit + with the faster acceleration compare to Cruiser this ship can be such a annoying thing to hit :D:D:D

And when you have that kind of HP even you took full salvo from Mogami you still have around 10k HP to play with, with other DD that salvo going to cripple the ship to the point that you cant do anything :D:D:D

Anyways if you believe that Tashkent is bad and dont care what other say, so be it this is might not be the ship for you try going Benson or Fubuki then :P

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
603 posts
6,753 battles

I really don't like the Tashkent.  I loved all the Gnevny, Ognevoi and Kiev though. 

The Tashkent's size combined with it's lack of maneuverability are the main issues I have with it.  It's significantly easier to hit at it's normal operating range of 11-14kms than the rest of the mid-high tier Russian ships, and the increase in hp does not make up for it.  Since they can't change the size, the rudder shift and turning circle need to be buffed to offset the fact it's about 25% bigger in area than the Kiev (and therefore much easier to hit) but has less range.  For a gunboat that relies on it's maneuverability and range to avoid damage it's pretty terminal.

As it is now though, it's definitely a seller when you're through to the Udaloi.

46 posts
3,123 battles

mogami got shorter range than myoko, everybody asking for buff
tashkent got shorter range than kiev, everybody tell you to skip it, unisntall wows, play diffirent DD

damn double standard

every tech line have a cursed ship in it

for me: US CV -> Ranger | US BB -> Colorado | US CA -> Pensacola

i can say compare to kiev, tahskent is way more bad, many factor considerate into this

bigger dimension, worse range, worse concealment, worse rudder time. well yeah its fast but whats the point having speed without agility? but maybe the worst factor that make tashkent creepy compare to kiev is the enemy line up. you bound to face tier 8 9 10 with tashkent yet in kiev you tend to face tier 7 6 5 or maybe 4

well i think the strategy for tashkent udaloi and khabarov is invis firing and not depend too much on torpedoes.

now the million dollar question is, without captain skill concealment expert, can tashkent do invisible firing?

Edited by AsliWongJowo

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,349 battles

in kiev you tend to face tier 7 6 5 or maybe 4

What logic is this -.- I call this bias

without captain skill concealment expert, can tashkent do invisible firing?

Dev clearly mentioned, they are not letting a raw Soviet DD to do invisi fire

46 posts
3,123 battles

What logic is this -.- I call this bias

Dev clearly mentioned, they are not letting a raw Soviet DD to do invisi fire

logic, bias whatever you call it. well what i meant to say is, when you using kiev, the enemy you got to face are not so hard, spec wise

hatsuharu is way slower than you, mahan cant outgun you, myoko and pensacola not as scary as those HE spammer mogami, i found pensacola, raining AP at her, and laugh. colorado and nagato have bad spread long range, ranger and hiryu planes not as fast as shoukaku. and in my experience, tier 7 ship rarely meet tier 8. what you gonna face is your peer at tier 7 or maybe lower tier.

well, camo got +3%, concealment upgrade got +10% and AFT got +20% range

even after all of that, without captain skill concealment expert which +10% to concealment the dev still not letting USSR DD to do invis fire?

tashkent is a crap then, because majority captain without doubloon retraining will get that skill at tier 9 ship. or at least in my experience.

i still dont have any tier 10 ships, the only one tier 9 ship i got is essex and her commander got 15th skill point when she's already full upgrade. my other ship like NC, Tashkent, Hipper, their commander still only have like 11-13 skill point.

i never use doubloon to retraining but always use 200k credits, also never use freexp to level up ship, but when the ship is fully research, i buy immediately and change the commander into new ship.

Edited by AsliWongJowo

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,349 battles

even after all of that, without captain skill concealment expert which +10% to concealment the dev still not letting USSR DD to do invis fire?

With the things you have mentioned above, Tashkent have around 300~500 meters of invisi fire range.

96 posts
3,809 battles

If you don't like it, then don't use it.

Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to play it...

I use ruski too and it is against you with russian tier torp range is just a joke.u just keep at range and use ya guns but destroyers are needed to detect and lose torps on enemy . well no use with ruski torps are redundant unless ya get them at 3.5 klm.And not every one wants to play as yanks dude lol..If thay atleast had 6 to 7klm range iot would be a bit more competative . The balance needs some tweekin still i think but i do luv the game even though it shits me a lot with race differences but thats i guess was how it was..

96 posts
3,809 battles

yes it has great artillery but its a dd,, it still needs to be able to carry out dd strikes and it cant with torps ..dectect it to high....

46 posts
3,123 battles

With the things you have mentioned above, Tashkent have around 300~500 meters of invisi fire range.

wow. i watch ichase gameplay here http://www.twitch.tv/ichasegaming/v/19041653 

he do so well invis firing with khabarov, she have worse concealment (10km if i remember correctly) but way more far firing range

i thought we can do it in tashkent also. so, tashkent cant do invis firing. better fast get udaloi

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,349 battles

Tashkent have around 300~500 meters of invisi fire range.

You need to be good in controlling your distance between enemy ships to do invisi in Tash
Edited by R3negade

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

the russian dd's also recently got a ninja nerf to their damage capabilities of their guns.

I went from an 85% WR in the tashkent to a 35%, and then through the udaloi grind, down to a 15% WR. 

The guns went from being very effective once you had a dd in sight, to what they are now, "meh" guns.

Oh, when you get to the udaloi, don't bother getting all the gun life mods and skills, it's a waste of time, when you engage an enemy, you will lose 1-3 of your turrets, sometimes all 4 of them.

I pound and I pound and I pound those enemy dd's in my russian dd's, yet they STILL LIVE, then they start knocking my guns out, and "balanced" fight begins. But wait, they have torps and super invisiblity cloak.

OH DEAR

PLAY IJN.

Sign in to follow this