Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

28 comments in this topic

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

seem to be short on both atm.

Best I can tell with Karma is that it does nothing, other then to make certain people feel good (no real reason for it to be here)

Best as I know, does not affect game play in any way.

The reporting system works similar to World of Tanks, If you see some one doing something that they should not be i.e. using profanity in game chat, being AFK etc, you can report them, if too many reports are received for that person, an alert goes to WG staff, and they manually look into the play (chat logs etc). If found to be doing _______ (fill in the blank as to what they were doing) excessively, the play will be given game bans. 

You need a staff member to give you an in depth view of how it works, I only have a rough outline.

724 posts
2,215 battles

Hello.

Can someone, please explain how the karma and reporting works, and what effect it has on Game play please.

thanks

I'm not exactly sure if my explanation is clear or 100% accurate..

But from what I can understand, karma doesn't affect your gameplay directly. It kinda works like a reputation system similar to that used on the forums.

You get Karma points when people compliment you in game;

You lose Karma points when people report you in game.

As for the compliment and report, you press and hold the Tab key to show the scoreboard/players list, you then press and hold the CTRL key to show the cursor and move your cursor the the player you want to compliment/report, right click on the player's name and there should be a few options there.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Personally I hope it never affects game play or a players rep as it is open to abuse

You won't run into the same player over and over (unless you play at off-peak hours, generally). He/she can't troll you by downvoting you every game.

Right now, in its infancy, the karma system is a fairly good indicator of how you're doing in the games. If you have accumulated positive karma, it means that you were probably doing the right thing more often than not, and vice-versa.

For example, in my case, I only give karma (positive or otherwise) if people really, really, REALLY made an impression of me. The most recent positive case was when a North Carolina dared to go around an iceberg on Islands of Ice within 200-300 metres of a full-health Montana and Yamato capturing the objective and duel them, and actually won. On the other hand, the most recent negative case was when a Minekaze got off the capture zone when we were moments away from capturing it to "go and fulfill his ARP Myoukou mission", causing us to lose the capture race with the enemy and also caused me to rage soooo hard.

Edited by Haku

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Karma doesnt affect ur gameplay currently and it is only a rough indicator for your reputation

Pretty much like reputation in the forum, when you be known for somethings it doesnt affect ur forum function but something is not the same and you can feel it :trollface: 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

Hmmm, ok thank you guys for your reply's.

From what I have experienced with the karma that i have received and then lost because, yes I got mad at other players because they were running away or just being really bad  and lost us the battle, so in my hast I abuse him in chat and thus I lost the karma point that I did have.

Now after I had lost this karma point I then couldn't win a single battle and lost 5 battles in a row .

I know you all are saying that it doesn't affect the game in any way etc but from my experience and opinion it does, because after the, (now 4 times ive done this)  abuse of other players for being bad etc I've lost my karma point and I continue to lose 5 battles in a row each and every time I have lost a karma point and been reported for it.

so it does look like it has a affect on your battles with  MM more so than RNG, because each and every time I lose a point, I then lose 5 battles in a row.

Now as I said it is my experience and opinion, but I do dare anyone who doesn't believe me to go and abuse other players and then get a bad karma report and see what happens after you have done this.

334 posts
13,034 battles

Unless all the other players in your team are also in the same situation I can't see this actually being more than a run of bad luck. It would be grossly unfair to the other team members otherwise.

753 posts
8,965 battles

I vaguely remember it being mentioned when this karma thingy was introduced that if you accumulate enough positive karma points that you received in game rewards. 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Yobbo, your on tilt, that's all.

You have a good game, get karma, have a bad game, you loose karma, you have another bad game, you loose more karma. Your brain associates the two, making you think that by loosing karma, you are getting bad games and vice versa.

If you are having a bad run, step away from the keyboard for a while, come back later refreshed.

Karma in game does nothing yet.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,447 battles

Yobbo, your on tilt, that's all.

You have a good game, get karma, have a bad game, you loose karma, you have another bad game, you loose more karma. Your brain associates the two, making you think that by loosing karma, you are getting bad games and vice versa.

If you are having a bad run, step away from the keyboard for a while, come back later refreshed.

Karma in game does nothing yet.

The fun thing is people tend to report the last guy who survived in the game or report those who get no kills lol

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I am often top 3 in random pubby teams, but my karma has never moved from 0. even the other day when i single handedly won the game being the only ship alive vs 10 enemy for 5 mins of the battle and got solo warrior, and 7k xp, i got no good karma, and team players were still watching the battle, and talking igc.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

By the way how do look at your karma? I might've angered enough people to form an Angry mob

i think its in service record, upper left corner, click on your name in port, and in service redord, next to your name is a little 0, or maybe for you a number....-9!.

mine has never moved from 0 afaik.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,447 battles

i think its in service record, upper left corner, click on your name in port, and in service redord, next to your name is a little 0, or maybe for you a number....-9!.

mine has never moved from 0 afaik.

Correct, the number on ur top-right of ur name.

But it is impossible to get negative value.

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

I'm of the opinion that 80% or more players are unaware of karma and it's workings. Prob even unaware of reporting.

Of the thousands who play this daily, how many would 1, - look at the WoWs website, 2- read the forums (where you would learn about karma, etc)?

It would be of great benefit to all if more if these forums were read by more players.

edit; having good karma means you won't be reincarnated as a battery chicken  :trollface:

Edited by AntifoulAwl

Beta Tester
609 posts
6,785 battles

Hmmm, ok thank you guys for your reply's.

From what I have experienced with the karma that i have received and then lost because, yes I got mad at other players because they were running away or just being really bad  and lost us the battle, so in my hast I abuse him in chat and thus I lost the karma point that I did have.
Now after I had lost this karma point I then couldn't win a single battle and lost 5 battles in a row .
I know you all are saying that it doesn't affect the game in any way etc but from my experience and opinion it does, because after the, (now 4 times ive done this)  abuse of other players for being bad etc I've lost my karma point and I continue to lose 5 battles in a row each and every time I have lost a karma point and been reported for it.

so it does look like it has a affect on your battles with  MM more so than RNG, because each and every time I lose a point, I then lose 5 battles in a row.
Now as I said it is my experience and opinion, but I do dare anyone who doesn't believe me to go and abuse other players and then get a bad karma report and see what happens after you have done this.

As lengxv6 said, you're on tilt.  The loss of the karma point didn't make you lose, the anger that caused you to abuse someone and lose the karma point also caused you to play poorly and increased your chances of losing considerably.  Hence the losing streak.

If you ever get angry in game, just go do something else for a while, and come back when you're relaxed - you simply won't have good games in that mental state.  This goes for everyone, regardless of whether you show your anger or not.

Edit: I just looked at my karma in game and it's 13 - that doesn't sound like very many to me, although I do try to play well and be a generally respectful chap in-game.  I think most people only give karma when someone has done something exceptionally bad or good.

Edited by Moggytwo

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

Yeah I understand what you guys are saying

But it always seems to happen after I have lost a karma point and I don't get the 5 losses in a row any other time.

But it is what it is

334 posts
13,034 battles

Edit: I just looked at my karma in game and it's 13 - that doesn't sound like very many to me, although I do try to play well and be a generally respectful chap in-game.  I think most people only give karma when someone has done something exceptionally bad or good.

:( Mines only 2 ...it was 3 :amazed:

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

Its not a big deal.

I have never recieved a positive karma since so many people hate DDs.

They treat you like a pest when we win by taking control of cap zones.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Found this in the patch notes from when it was introduced.

Karma System

Karma is calculated as the difference between the number of complements and reports received, and may not be less than zero. Karma Point will be displayed on the upper right hand corner of the Service Record menu, beside the Player Name.

It is prohibited to complement and report players within the same Division.

If a player is complemented or reported, a system message appears after a battle. The system message for reports will be displayed only if a player has been reported by at least two players.

The system message for complements will show the specific number of people who complemented you (without specifying their nicknames, however).

Sign in to follow this