Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PixelDust

Kongo modification load out question!

18 comments in this topic

19 posts
753 battles

So, I have a quick question here.  I just got my Kongo and noticed I've unlocked a new modification slot where I can put in something to increase the offensive/defensive firepower of my ship.  From what I read, the turret traverse one actually increases your reload time by 10% so that's off the list as far as I'm concerned.  The secondary gun modification is also off the list for me as it is exceedingly rare that I meet a ship within 10km of me, let alone within 5km of me in the Kongo.  So that just leaves the AA mod and the accuracy mod.

Does anyone have any strong opinions on this that they can back up with solid reasons?  My understanding is that (from hearsay around the web) the accuracy mod drops your dispersion by 7% so it would increase the accuracy of my guns from 223m down to 207m, but the AA mod increases the range that I can engage enemy planes from 5km to 6km (7km with the Captain skill I think) which sounds extremely handy as well.  Theoretical 7% increase in DPM at extreme range versus being able to start shooting planes at 7km.  Both sound extremely useful.

I also often play in divisions with my partner and it seems like having a 7km range on AA would be pretty good for covering each other as well.

I'm really torn so if someone could give me a solid explanation or strong opinion it'll probably persuade me.  Thoughts?

Edited by PixelDust

[TF44]
22 posts
8,284 battles

I use the accuracy mod. The AA mod is okay but the increase of range it provides makes it less beneficial, imho. If you div, mix it up with one BB and one CL/CA. That way you get good AA and good gunnery abilities as a team.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Take the Gun Accuracy module... Kongo has good range for its Tier in BBs but it suffers greatly because of the dispersion penalty... The Kongo may have 21km range (plus more with spotting aircraft) but good luck hitting anything... I usually start shooting when the target is at least 18km...

You do present a good point with the AA but unfortunately with the coming CV nerf, aircraft may become less and less present that it's practically useless... But if you're concerned with AA cover just tag along with a USN Cruiser... That's what I do usually since they're AA is pretty good especially on the Cleveland...

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Take the Gun Accuracy module... Kongo has good range for its Tier in BBs but it suffers greatly because of the dispersion penalty... The Kongo may have 21km range (plus more with spotting aircraft) but good luck hitting anything... I usually start shooting when the target is at least 18km...

You do present a good point with the AA but unfortunately with the coming CV nerf, aircraft may become less and less present that it's practically useless... But if you're concerned with AA cover just tag along with a USN Cruiser... That's what I do usually since they're AA is pretty good especially on the Cleveland...

well.. i heard that in 0.5.3

CV is tweaked in 2 ways

they makes CV a little weaker in top tier

and makes CV a little stronger in low tier

also some beta tester in EU saying this : "Saipan is back Boys"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok back to answering OP question

kongo accuracy is good.

but still not good enough.. take accuracy mod and sink the hell out of cruisers out there :v

19 posts
753 battles

Well!  That settles it then haha.  Overwhelmingly seems like the accuracy mod is more popular.  I'm buying it and mounting it right now :)

Thanks everyone!  Really put my mind at ease.  I have 10 million credits right now thanks to the newb rewards but I know how quick that can go when you're dropping 500k on mods!

Edit: Added the mod.  My dispersion went from 223 to 207 so that's a 7.2% increase in accuracy.  Awesome! :D

Edited by PixelDust

580 posts
1,587 battles

well.. i heard that in 0.5.3

CV is tweaked in 2 ways

they makes CV a little weaker in top tier

and makes CV a little stronger in low tier

also some beta tester in EU saying this : "Saipan is back Boys"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok back to answering OP question

kongo accuracy is good.

but still not good enough.. take accuracy mod and sink the hell out of cruisers out there :v

I suppose that's a good point on the CV updates... but really if WG was gonna take away the Torperdo bombers away from USN carriers at least they could've thrown in AP Divebombers...

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I suppose that's a good point on the CV updates... but really if WG was gonna take away the Torperdo bombers away from USN carriers at least they could've thrown in AP Divebombers...

well... even with DB alone...

those 3 DB squad can deal 20-30k impact damage + 3/4 fire to BB

3/4 fire can be translated into 30k-50k fire damage. if the enemy damage controll is on cooldown. (that is if the enemy ship has basic survivability and 1 mil damage control mod that reduce fire duration. if the enemy ship has neither of those... add 40% more damage to those 50k fire damage)

a total 50-80k damage is not a joke u know. USN CV still scarily powerfull even without their 2x super tight TB squad

also. its not only USN that got nerfed...

Haku's planes also got nerfed.. 

Edited by ReNation

580 posts
1,587 battles

well... even with DB alone...

those 3 DB squad can deal 20-30k impact damage + 3/4 fire to BB

3/4 fire can be translated into 30k-50k fire damage. if the enemy damage controll is on cooldown. (that is if the enemy ship has basic survivability and 1 mil damage control mod that reduce fire duration. if the enemy ship has neither of those... add 40% more damage to those 50k fire damage)

a total 50-80k damage is not a joke u know. USN CV still scarily powerfull even without their 2x super tight TB squad

also. its not only USN that got nerfed...

Haku's planes also got nerfed.. 

D*mn... What the heck is WG doing giving CV players such a hard time?

Super Tester
1,310 posts

D*mn... What the heck is WG doing giving CV players such a hard time?

coz CV is blantantly OP.. even more OP in the hand of good player. and theres even stated in many place(ask ppl that love to spread stat table) that midway and essex lead the damage dealing chart in tier 10 and 9 respectively.

pls do remember. WG is doing research before implementing something

do u remember how MANY ppl raged about the change in IJN CV drop into converging cone?

and see now? many ppl actually love it

add: let just see how is it going to become in live server next patch...

Edited by ReNation

580 posts
1,587 battles

coz CV is blantantly OP.. even more OP in the hand of good player. and theres even stated in many place(ask ppl that love to spread stat table) that midway and essex lead the damage dealing chart in tier 10 and 9 respectively.

pls do remember. WG is doing research before implementing something

do u remember how MANY ppl raged about the change in IJN CV drop into converging cone?

and see now? many ppl actually love it

add: let just see how is it going to become in live server next patch...

Agreed... Let's hope it wont affect the CV population size when it arrives... Not having them around kinda s*cks... Also that AFT, BFT, Marksmanship skill nerf is really gonna sting for me...

Super Tester
1,310 posts

@yankee/trojan

upgrading FCS will increase the main gun range. also increase the dispersion value in the port/max range (but the dispersion value in range same as stock will be same)

the dispersion value at port is value for MAX range.

the closer ur target is. the smaller the value is.

for some hull that gives range to main gun(wyoming, myogi, fuso). also increase its dispersion value. coz it use same principle as upgrading FCS

for example (i take kongo with accuracy mod upgrade) : 

- kongo with stock FCS has range 19.3 km has dispersion value of 207m 

- kongo with upgraded FCS has range 21.2km has dispersion value of 220m. but if u aim at some1 at range 19.3km. the dispersion at 19.3km will stay 207m...

Edited by ReNation

1,162 posts

@yankee/trojan

upgrading FCS will increase the main gun range. also increase the dispersion value in the port/max range (but the dispersion value in range same as stock will be same)

the dispersion value at port is value for MAX range.

the closer ur target is. the smaller the value is.

for some hull that gives range to main gun(wyoming, myogi, fuso). also increase its dispersion value. coz it use same principle as upgrading FCS

for example (i take kongo with accuracy mod upgrade) : 

- kongo with stock FCS has range 19.3 km has dispersion value of 207m 

- kongo with upgraded FCS has range 21.2km has dispersion value of 220m. but if u aim at some1 at range 19.3km. the dispersion at 19.3km will stay 207m...

How about spotting aircraft then? They add range but does increase the dispersion at max range too?

Super Tester
1,310 posts

How about spotting aircraft then? They add range but does increase the dispersion at max range too?

yes...the dispersion is scale up with range. more range = more dispersion

the value is like a cone. small near our ship. as goes bigger the farther away our target is

Edited by ReNation

Sign in to follow this