Sign in to follow this  
Alaska22

Langley fighter abilities

9 comments in this topic

[1AN-E]
37 posts
3,586 battles

Newbie question.

I have the Langley and have it upgraded and nearly at the Brogue (not that I am planning on going there at this stage) 10 PVP games.

I am confident in most games that my fighters are up to the task and usually get the better of most opponents.

I have the fighter upgrade and the commander skill for fighters yet I went into a game with another Langley who admittedly has played over 100 games and their fighter squadrons slaughtered mine.  I did some research and discovered about the straffing thing.  So it happens again and I disengaged to avoid this but I still get slaughtered once they reengage.  What do these players have that I do not?  Is it something my commander will get with more experience?

Is this a form of Tier 4 seal clubbing I can get to do when I get the experience?

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

Fighter strafing is the most disgusting thing in the game right now. That's all you need to know.

nah, it's wonderful, and terribly hard to use if you don't know how

Beta Tester
359 posts
7,415 battles

Fighter strafing is the most disgusting thing in the game right now. That's all you need to know.

It's the only chance IJN fighters have of levelling the battlefield in low tier matches not to mention a Langley vs Bogue with fighter superiority

153 posts
3,262 battles

Worst part of that is there wont be any indication of the strafing happening, except for the sudden speed boost and every flying non-friendly planes before it turns into tiny bits of pixels.

come to think of it, will fighters engaged in aerial battle be strafed? imagine 1 to bait, another to just strafe the cluster. 

Beta Tester
359 posts
7,415 battles

Worst part of that is there wont be any indication of the strafing happening, except for the sudden speed boost and every flying non-friendly planes before it turns into tiny bits of pixels.

come to think of it, will fighters engaged in aerial battle be strafed? imagine 1 to bait, another to just strafe the cluster.

As long as an ally CV isn't a complete tool and fail strafing squadrons that catch only friendly planes there's no problem with baiting if it means air superiority go for it.

621 posts
2,289 battles

Strafe is ridiculously powerful.

If you're using a USN CV, that is.

Strafe in IJN CVs is just a depressing little last ditch at taking out one or two enemy planes before the enemy just decimates your fighters and camps your carrier for the rest of the game.

Sign in to follow this