Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bukey

This videos sums up what's coming in 0.5.3

24 comments in this topic

575 posts
5,354 battles

Yeah...I think they really screwed up somethings that should never been touched. The old saying, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it,' applies to this coming update. As much as I despise CVs, what they've done to the US CVs in this game is unconscionable in my opinion. Taking away the torpedo planes...what are they trying to say? US didn't have any? If they are, ahem...how many torpedo planes torpedoed the Yamato and Musashi? Or were those alien spaceships that came to the rescue?

575 posts
5,354 battles

Devs finally fixed the bug of USN CVs being playable.

I wonder how the players on the NA server are going to respond to these changes...I'm sure they are very very unhappy with it.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

I wonder how the players on the NA server are going to respond to these changes...I'm sure they are very very unhappy with it.

They are more mad at the MK compensation than they are with the USN CV changes.

575 posts
5,354 battles

They are more mad at the MK compensation than they are with the USN CV changes.

Yeah...that really was a sure sign of 'taking care of the premium ships.' I have one myself...got the skill to shoot that far. If they had increased the range to 17km I could accept...but buff it to the range of a Colorado? Yeah, no.

95 posts
1,563 battles

Devs finally fixed the bug of USN CVs being playable.

Really they fix the bug by removing one part of that CV's main offensive against ground units then gave it to the other side wow what a balance and what about commander skills did they had a bug m8 they just f....ed up this 0.5.3. Also doing this makes CV player more rare which will lead to an infestation of DD's due to no predator to control them.

Everything need to have something one the other side of the equal sign but these nurfs doesn't have jack sh.. on the other side of the equal nurfs are not justified the they did what they did to Light Tanks in WoT.

They think this as balance but it's not I don't know when these guys make this decisions might be doing the evening high run.

Edited by Bukey

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Also doing this makes CV player more rare which will lead to an infestation of DD's due to no predator to control them.

Great, so my services as a CV player will rise in demand again.

Oligopoly to the max!

Now if only the people I play with would suck at murdering DDs...

95 posts
1,563 battles

Great, so my services as a CV player will rise in demand again.

Oligopoly to the max!

Now if only the people I play with would suck at murdering DDs...

Don't take it wrong I meant to say CV plains can fish out DD's from any where and most CV player do this and they don't worry about AA 'cos DD AA kind of sucks.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Don't take it wrong I meant to say CV plains can fish out DD's from any where and most CV player do this and they don't worry about AA 'cos DD AA kind of sucks.

Well yeah, and you also wrote that CVs are a dying race.

Less CVs, more business for the few CVs that remain.

It's all demand and supply in the end.

Beta Tester
908 posts

Loving the new Secondaries skill!

Can't wait to put it into my lovely Torpitz :trollface:

Wow my Yamato is currently secondary buffed, (10.6km with flags).

I'll have to get that level 5 skill for it =D.

46 posts
3,123 battles

from what i heard, they gonna make essex and midway bomber load out into 1/1/3

is it real?

im not underestimate the US Dive Bomber, but can anyone tell me how to kill a large ship with DB with one run? how to use manual DB drop correctly? how to achieve very high instant damage with DB?

currently using Essex right now, from my experience, loner Tirpitz can be obliterated by using 2TB only, no DB needed, with 8-10 torpedo hit. why i take Tirpitz as example? i found Tirpitz player tend to sail alone make it vulnerable to air strike. no planes destroyed until they drop the torpedoes.

can anyone show me some tutorial video or pro gameplay on how to achieve damage like that but only using DB.

with this new patch coming up, i need to learn new trick.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

from what i heard, they gonna make essex and midway bomber load out into 1/1/3

is it real?

im not underestimate the US Dive Bomber, but can anyone tell me how to kill a large ship with DB with one run? how to use manual DB drop correctly? how to achieve very high instant damage with DB?

currently using Essex right now, from my experience, loner Tirpitz can be obliterated by using 2TB only, no DB needed, with 8-10 torpedo hit. why i take Tirpitz as example? i found Tirpitz player tend to sail alone make it vulnerable to air strike. no planes destroyed until they drop the torpedoes.

can anyone show me some tutorial video or pro gameplay on how to achieve damage like that but only using DB.

with this new patch coming up, i need to learn new trick.

Well i just had my first T10 match in PT and from i'm seeing USN CV now specializes in DB rather than TB..

1 USN DB squad can deal up to 10k damage on manual drop and set like 2+ fires.. Do this continuously and you could break its modules and burn a BB to death..

575 posts
5,354 battles

Well i just had my first T10 match in PT and from i'm seeing USN CV now specializes in DB rather than TB..

1 USN DB squad can deal up to 10k damage on manual drop and set like 2+ fires.. Do this continuously and you could break its modules and burn a BB to death..

Do either CV have torpedo planes? The Essex carried 18 torpedo planes as part of her air wing. Or did they remove them completely?

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

lol so many Zao players in PT taking Survival Expert skill, they want their 4000 HP back :teethhappy:

Also the new map looks gorgeous as hell, literally, it feels really hot

Do either CV have torpedo planes? The Essex carried 18 torpedo planes as part of her air wing. Or did they remove them completely?

I don't play CV but they still have it, only now they only have 1 torp squad

46 posts
3,123 battles

i still think up to 10k damage is still low. with 7500 max damage per bomb, there is 7 bomb, so how much bomb you land on enemy ship? 2? 3?

with torpedo, 9k damage each torpedo, there is 6 bomb and manual drop it will make it like 3-5 (in my experience) and that definitely will deal more damage. even kill DD/CA in one run

also about the hazard damage. fire only last 60 sec meanwhile flood last 120 sec? (never actually pay attention to flood indicator) and also the flood make your ship can only sailing at half speed.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

i still think up to 10k damage is still low. with 7500 max damage per bomb, there is 7 bomb, so how much bomb you land on enemy ship? 2? 3?

with torpedo, 9k damage each torpedo, there is 6 bomb and manual drop it will make it like 3-5 (in my experience) and that definitely will deal more damage. even kill DD/CA in one run

also about the hazard damage. fire only last 60 sec meanwhile flood last 120 sec? (never actually pay attention to flood indicator) and also the flood make your ship can only sailing at half speed.

Yeah DB is still relatively weak compared to TB in terms of dealing damage, it needs more alpha damage or longer lasting fire.. Most ships especially BB don't really care if there's a DB incoming because DB wasn't that much of a headache..

But all in all, CV seems to be the hardest class to balance as it plays very differently than other and can only be effectively countered by enemy CV..

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,493 battles

DBs should be able to perform very precise bomb drops.

It makes it easier to hit multiple bombs on big targets like BBs and also make it easier for us DDs to avoid random scratches.

46 posts
3,123 battles

Yeah DB is still relatively weak compared to TB in terms of dealing damage, it needs more alpha damage or longer lasting fire.. Most ships especially BB don't really care if there's a DB incoming because DB wasn't that much of a headache..

But all in all, CV seems to be the hardest class to balance as it plays very differently than other and can only be effectively countered by enemy CV..

DB max damage alone is pretty good 7500x21 bomb = 157500 considering all bomb hit and all do max damage

the main problem is, in my experience (dunno bout you guys) even manual dropping some stationary BB/CV not guarantee all the 7 bomb will hit. maybe RGN problem or something, we cant really see the bomb anyway. but with torpedoes, you see the torps, guarantee all 6 or 4 hit against stationary CV or BB.

the other problem is, DB bomb rarely do max damage. i usualy got 2-4 bomb hit with 2-8k damage to enemy. making it less competent.

well, im also BB player, and when i see DB coming to me, i got like nothing to worry about, just slight turn and voila, little damage, even if i got one fire damage, i just let my self burn, repair consumable will fix it to full health again anyway.

indeed CV is the hardest things to balance, i also appreciate WG effort to make CV gameplay is different from one nation to other, just like they do with IJN and USSR DD.

i also dont mind with more dive bomber in USN load out, well historically they use more dive bomber than torpedo one.

but if the damage mechanism still like this, is it worth to play USN CV?

Sign in to follow this