You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

What the hell is going on ?

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Alright so what the hell is going on with this game today?

Every battle I have played today, doesn't matter what tier or what class of ship it is, the amount of module damage is just total crap.

I've never in all my games played, experienced the amount of engine damage, rudder damage, guns damage, torp damage etc in one battle and its not just my team, but also the enemy team that ive noticed this happeneing to as well.

For example in all my battles in m Albany gift ship,  I lost a total of 8 guns damaged in one battle and that has never ever happened b4 in any other game ive played in that ship period!!!

Same with DDs, the amount of engine or rudder damage is total BS, hell ive even damaged a myoko rudder 4 times in my tier 5 Russian DD with just guns and that is just total BS as well.

So WG what little adjustments or testing are you doing on the server today?

Edited by yobbo1972

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

that's just BS whats the point of doing that?

all that's going to do is stop people from play the game with crap like that.

every new update that comes out WG are making the game worse and its going to end up like WOT and another rubbish game.

they need to damn well reduce RNG and not have it at 25%.

also as I said ive seen it happening to every one in battle not just me.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

I cant even log in. says wrong email or pass. yet it's exactly what i used to get here :hmm:

you sure you are using the correct client?

IIRC PT is a different login system (I haven't had time yet this time around to check) where you register separately....

124 posts

It's not how it was programmed. It's just how statistic work. The chances of things will even out close to their percentage over more and more samples.

For example, say I have 1 in a million chances to win a lottery. I could buy 2 millions lottery and I wouldn't won any. Does it mean Lady Luck owe me and the next 2,000,001st lottery is my win? No, it's still 1 in a million chance.

Same goes if I just bought 500 thousands lottery and I won once. It also doesn't mean my chance will reset if I buy the next 1 million lottery. I could won again on the next 500,001st lottery.

My friend, just write it off as an unlucky streak. It sucks when bad end of chances happened but let's just have fun. When it's not fun anymore, logout and do something else.

As for me, I'm planning to go hiatus again after completing the final Myouko Challenge. Just completed 300 setting fires and logging out to refresh before getting it done and sail into the sunset.

Edited by Quithelion

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Get this just played in my tier 7 polish DD and I hit a Kiev DD 3 times and guess what??   With each hit I took out his engine, 3 hits 3 dead engines, what a joke this game is, no wonder players are already leaving it and not playing anymore.

Game going to end up just like WOT with players leaving everyday and a rubbish game.

As it is I don't play tiers 9 or 10 on ships as in my opinion  they are unbalance, and nothing I see in upcoming patches is going to change that, and since the last update I stopped playing tier 8s as well cuz of the nerf they given to bigger ships cuz who wants to play a ship that wont turn ???

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yeah buts its every ship and every tier ive played. and as I said its not just happening to me either.

its crap and BS and don't forget its a game so the game is programed to act this way, there is no such thing as luck when it comes to a computer game, it has to be programed by humans ok.

so remember that when you start thinking about luck next time. Its a computer.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I can handle playing the game and losing 2-3 modules a game but when u lose 8-12 modules every Battle and every time u get hit then that is just total BS  

124 posts

Call me biased, I like it when running away DD get their engine or rudder busted since I learned showing too much stern is a bad idea haha

I myself stopped short at Tier VI, no higher than that. Even Tier VI weren't as much fun as lower tier.

124 posts

Really, no human can ever predict how RNG behave. RNG is Random Number Generator, it is supposed to be random.

Say, RNG randomly pick a number within 1 to 100.

Let's say the number 1 is the win number, so it's a 1% chance.

RNG will randomly generate numbers within 1 to 100, without exception.

You can roll 100 times, and never get the number 1. You can also roll 100 times, and get the number 1 twice. Is it luck? Maybe.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,817 battles

Really, no human can ever predict how RNG behave. RNG is Random Number Generator, it is supposed to be random.

Say, RNG randomly pick a number within 1 to 100.

Let's say the number 1 is the win number, so it's a 1% chance.

RNG will randomly generate numbers within 1 to 100, without exception.

You can roll 100 times, and never get the number 1. You can also roll 100 times, and get the number 1 twice. Is it luck? Maybe.

Dont bother bringing up valid data and statistics. He will ignore everything you say.

As he has done so in all his rant threads.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

so this isn't RNG then?

5urb7q.jpg

C'mon, dead_man, just ignore the guy. He is the one known for crying every single time RNG is not with him. 

Why don't you complain about the times when RNG is with you? That's the question.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

C'mon, dead_man, just ignore the guy. He is the one known for crying every single time RNG is not with him. 

Why don't you complain about the times when RNG is with you? That's the question.

I want to be known for somethings, i want senpai to notice me.. :(

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

what I would like is a balanced game and RNG to be consistent not up and down and all over the place.

whats the point of having RNG 25% in your favour one day then next day totally against you??

All that does is create a frustrating game  that in the end makes people not play the game.

Make RNG consistent and even not 25%, make it 15% that would make it more consistent and less frustrating and more balanced.

124 posts

Dont bother bringing up valid data and statistics. He will ignore everything you say.

As he has done so in all his rant threads.

Oh... OK then. Gotcha.

Oh my dear lord RNGesus have abandoned us all! RNGesus is all over the place and inconsistent and humans need to put RNGesus down in its place!

Also, I would like to strike 1st prize in 4 digits lottery if I bought the same number combination in the next 9999 games. It's guaranteed, right? Right?!

460 posts
8,358 battles

http://dilbert.com/strip/2001-10-25

RNG is what it is. It doesn't favour anyone really, you're either lucky or unlucky. You wouldn't complain about the dice in monopoly would you?

Incidently all games have RNG of some shape or form in them, to keep then interesting and give you different situations to play with.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Incidently all games have RNG of some shape or form in them, to keep then interesting and give you different situations to play with.

Chess has RNG? OK, I missed that.

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

It's not today, I got feeling that this start happening on v.5.1 ~> v.5.2

It's like the RNG limiter are widening for USN, and for IJN, it's RNG are shrinking.

My USN are easy to burning ships, and in reverse, IJN less burning chance. But IJN still better than USN in HE.

Also my USN less getting Citadel, and IJN had better than before getting citadel. But still, USN better penetrating than IJN in AP.

But all just pure guess, cuz I cannot prove with fact, but it's a strong feeling.