Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ChristmasFerret

AA is useless in the upper tiers!

14 comments in this topic

14 posts
3,681 battles

Shokaku and Taiho user here. I noticed that the AA defences of ships in the upper tiers are ineffective. I often lose up to around nine to twelve planes when attacking a lone BB with a total of 6 squadrons including 2 fighter squadrons(I just bring them along to absorb the extra AA and take some damage away from the bombers) even with minimal time exposure to enemy AA. On some cases such as a US BB, it is often only the fighter pilots who manage to come home. This is unacceptable as up to 5 torpedoes usually get released and up to three torpedoes usually find their mark before the bombers are shot down and up to 6 dive bombers usually land 4 bomb hits causing minimal damage, all the planes should be destroyed before they can even release their ordnance on their target!

SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!

Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that WG should add Surface-to-Air(SAM) missiles with a minimum range of 36km to destroyers and cruisers. Apart from that, BBs should also be equipped with radar that can detect an oncoming squadron of carrier planes from 40km away. A single SAM missile must be able to destroy any aircraft within a 500m radius to ensure total destruction of an entire air group. These new anti-aircraft defence systems should be integrated together to ensure a 100% fail-proof and 360 degree defence against enemy aircraft.

Should the new SAM missiles fail, a new type of cruiser MUST be developed with an auxiliary role as a part-time aircraft carrier capable of operating more modern aircraft with Short-Take-Off and Vertical-Landing(STOVL) ability such as the F-35 currently still under development. These new F-35 jets will be deployed to replace the ugly old and obsolete float plane fighters currently in use. Unlike the ugly old and obsolete float planes, the new F-35 must be able to remain in operation throughout the whole battle and have an unlimited operational distance to ensure maximum effectiveness against the slow propeller planes with WWII standards and now no more jets carrier-borne aircraft. A single strategic aerial defence aircraft carrying cruiser would be able to simultaneously operate up to 10 pairs F-35s in a single battle and their stealth capabilities would grant them immunity from the radar guided SAM missiles.

I hope to see my recommendations for these new anti-aircraft defence systems implemented soon. Thank you for reading my well established report.

Red Text/Hard-to-read post , Post Edited, User Warned

~TheAzure

Edited by TheAzure

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

What are you smoking?!? an F35 and SAMs in a ww1/ww2 era game?

Welllll... this game not suppose to be historically accurate but F35 and SAM kinda go beyond what i expect :D:D:D

Anyways i kinda on the side of AAA in high tier kinda good enough so no buff needed :P

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

As DemonLord said, an F35 and SAM's have no place in this game.

This game is about guns and more guns and torpedoes.

500m...pffft.

A modern SAM doesn't even have an eighth of that kill radius

575 posts
5,354 battles

This guy was high on weed when he was writing this. 

What SAM? Did they have SAM during WWII? Not sure if this is a troll or just simply stupid.

There were 1,000s of Sams in WW2! Sam Johnson, Samuel Smith, Sam Gray, Sam Tony, Sam Craig...ect. :trollface:

406 posts
6,279 battles

As DemonLord said, an F35 and SAM's have no place in this game.

This game is about guns and more guns and torpedoes.

500m...pffft.

A modern SAM doesn't even have an eighth of that kill radius

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIM-14_Nike_Hercules

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIR-2_Genie

Okay I grant you that neither of these are modern - but the Nuclear tipped Missles were nuts!

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts

Apparently, people don't understand sarcasm.

Apparently, the OP wasn't using sarcasm.
Edited by EvacuateBowel

Sign in to follow this