You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TE_Deathskyz

Patch 5.3 Dev Blog and Public Test

60 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

a kind of increase DD population that has so many already,

and reduce CV population that has a little.

what a balance!

Seem like WG also want to reduce Cruiser population :P

No AFT no Cleveland no Mogami 155 :D:D:D

124 posts

Seem like WG also want to reduce Cruiser population :P

No AFT no Cleveland no Mogami 155 :D:D:D

I kind of regret getting AFT for my Cleveland because of Myoko Challenge of setting fire, I can't hit anything beyond 15km+, and rare CV occurrence in random matches.

580 posts
1,587 battles

"MAY NOT BE INCLUDED IN THE UPDATE" :P

I have lived long enough to be disappointed with the word "may" or "maybe"... I guess I'll have to weigh in which skill should I get, Shell Switching or Situational Awareness... sigh* Just when I started to get excited for RN Cruisers...

460 posts
8,344 battles

Why so much whining over the reduction of calibre for AFT? Ships with those bigger guns don't need the extra range and often can't make good use of it. The cleveland is a good example, extreme long range shooting in it isn't a good use of it's guns. It will still work for DDs that need it, just it won't be available for the main guns of many cruisers.

I get AFT mostly for the AA increase or in the case of the Mikasa for the enhanced secondaries. It will still do this (except for the larger secondaries on the Mikasa) so it doesn't make a huge difference to me.

tbh I think the change to AFT/BFT should have been expected as they buffed the RoF and range of many cruisers which were already powerful enough. I think it's a fair change.

I'll be interested to see how some of the other changes play out, but it's disappointing that CVs will likely become even more of a rare sight.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Why so much whining over the reduction of calibre for AFT? Ships with those bigger guns don't need the extra range and often can't make good use of it. The cleveland is a good example, extreme long range shooting in it isn't a good use of it's guns. It will still work for DDs that need it, just it won't be available for the main guns of many cruisers.

There so much whining because other peoples can make a good use of it i guess :trollface: 

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

So we need to pay so we can have a party team to join team battle !?!?!??!?!?!?

Survivability Expert ... hope it not buff HP too much ... it already hard to kill some BB with massive amount of repair ....
Torpedo Acceleration ... look like we not have enough DD already ?..

look like this patch is made to reduce number of CV and increse DD player .... that I think we have too much DD now ...

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Survivability Expert ... hope it not buff HP too much ... it already hard to kill some BB with massive amount of repair ....

Torpedo Acceleration ... look like we not have enough DD already ?..

look like this patch is made to reduce number of CV and increse DD player .... that I think we have too much DD now ...

Welcome to World of Battleships : Age of Carriers Extinction :trollface:

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

Welcome to World of Battleships : Age of Carriers Extinction :trollface:

More like World of Destroyers now ....

I raly saw BB in the game lately .. just 1-2 per match but Cruiser and DD are a lots !

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

More like World of Destroyers now ....

I raly saw BB in the game lately .. just 1-2 per match but Cruiser and DD are a lots !

World of Destroyers : Age of Carriers Extinction then :trollface:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

The first Party Team can be created immediately for a small amount of credits. The second and the third Party Team cost a small sum of doubloons to create.

Our Team Battles will have an important feature: they are open to solo players as well. A player can toggle their status in the Port to "Enlist me in a Party Battle"; in turn, commanders can invite interested players to join a Party. On the other hand, a player can simply click "Battle!" and join one of the teams that entered the queue with an incomplete roster (it's possible to enter a battle with at least three players in the Party).  Individual players that join a Party Battle are called "mercenaries" and are not considered its full-fledged members. However, they can be invited to join in. Therefore, the “mercenaries” functionality is a great way for an individual player to prove themselves and become a member of a good Party.

As per - IF you create a team the first one will cost credits and THEN any subsequent teams will cost doubloons.

If you just join a team it costs you nothing.

Edited by dead_man_walking

783 posts
4,821 battles

Other than the imminent extinction of CVs with the changes and AA balancing, only gripe I have for now is the 'possible' AFT rework.
(I can't really comment on the CV stuff since it will be made apparent in the public test and everything is still just on paper. It still sucks for the high tier CVs, USN for that matter)

With that AFT rework, there is certainly no merit in getting a Mogami now. And from what I've heard and am anticipating in my IJN cruiser line grind, AFT is pretty much what makes a 155 Mogami viable while the 203 Mogami is just an inferior Myoko in a higher tier. I just hope there's at least a compensation of 1-2km something like what is planned for the MK(which is plain overkill compensation imo)

I focused on the Mogami since stats on paper for the incoming patch will show a significant decrease in AA capabilities while the NO shows an AA increase and the Hipper is good enough as it is. Lower Tier ships which makes use of the AFT also can't make use of the added range that much since the ships there are much more mobile(except the Omaha I guess, the Konigsberg just owns that tier in range and ROF while the Furutaka is a different topic). Another reason is that high tier BBs just own Cruisers who go around 13-14km of their range when targetted which makes the range all the more important.

I love the ship and can't wait to get her would be my biggest reason actually.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I can't log in to the public test server, after 10 gig of downloading, I think I have the time right, that it's live now, it says password or log in in correct, so I go to sign up on an .ru page and it says account is already active. 

I must have the time wrong?.It was 0730 3/2/16 SEA server time when I tried?.

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

As per - IF you create a team the first one will cost credits and THEN any subsequent teams will cost doubloons.

If you just join a team it costs you nothing.

And once created, a team party stays with the player that created it. (Need to check if this has changed)

oh ... thx for answer ...

so it like semi-clan system with mercenaries ?

The one who create have to pay credits to start team and become team leader and recruit member ?

and it will stay even everyone log out like mini-clan or pemanent party ?

so it not like in WoT that it just temporary team that if everyone exit team battle so the team will dismiss ..

and what it mean the subsequent team ?

so it mean you can have 3 team at the same time and you can decide which team you will play with at that time ?

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

so it like semi-clan system with mercenaries ?  - not quite, more like ranked battles in WoT

The one who create have to pay credits to start team and become team leader and recruit member ?  - yes

and it will stay even everyone log out like mini-clan or pemanent party ? -yes

so it not like in WoT that it just temporary team that if everyone exit team battle so the team will dismiss .. correct

and what it mean the subsequent team ? -

so it mean you can have 3 team at the same time and you can decide which team you will play with at that time ? that's it

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

View PostWindCruiser, on 03 February 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

so it like semi-clan system with mercenaries ?  - not quite, more like ranked battles in WoT
The one who create have to pay credits to start team and become team leader and recruit member ?  - yes

and it will stay even everyone log out like mini-clan or pemanent party ? -yes

so it not like in WoT that it just temporary team that if everyone exit team battle so the team will dismiss .. correct

and what it mean the subsequent team ? -

so it mean you can have 3 team at the same time and you can decide which team you will play with at that time ? that's it

1 more question any reward for Team Battle ?