Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bundy_Ben

Ranked battles. Something needs to be done.

26 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5 posts
6,587 battles

Something needs to be done to improve the MM in ranked battles as the quality of players in ranked has become just pathetic.

Tonight alone i have gone from being 1 victory from rank 1 to lose 7+ battles in a row (Even when i do over 120,000 damage) and now i am almost at rank 4.

Some of these people should not be playing ranked and are just such bad players and do things in the battle that make me want to throw my laptop against the wall.

For example, there was about 1 minute left in the battle and we had an Atago and the enemy team had an Amagi, we were about to win on capture points but for some reason the Atago decided to try and face the Amagi who had MORE HP and you can probably guess who came out on top of that fight.

Do something, anything before people just give up this game and take their business elsewhere.

724 posts
2,215 battles

Something needs to be done to improve the MM in ranked battles as the quality of players in ranked has become just pathetic.

Tonight alone i have gone from being 1 victory from rank 1 to lose 7+ battles in a row (Even when i do over 120,000 damage) and now i am almost at rank 4.

Some of these people should not be playing ranked and are just such bad players and do things in the battle that make me want to throw my laptop against the wall.

For example, there was about 1 minute left in the battle and we had an Atago and the enemy team had an Amagi, we were about to win on capture points but for some reason the Atago decided to try and face the Amagi who had MORE HP and you can probably guess who came out on top of that fight.

Do something, anything before people just give up this game and take their business elsewhere.

That's why I gave up on Ranked.

139 posts
5,876 battles

I feel you. I've had terrible luck in this season that kept me from progressing from Rank 15-14 for a very long time. Some of the players just do the most inexplicable of things, like either hiding behind islands the whole game or go to corners the moment they get fired on :sceptic:

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,447 battles

In this season, DD has a very large influence in the match due to the change of cap points. Your get +9 points per 10 seconds. The fate of victory or defeat is depend on how ur DD plays very much.

And luckily I think developers will do tweaks on this again in the next season.

Edited by R3negade

248 posts

agreed. 

DD's either win the game or lose it.

simple as that. 

i hate it when the game starts and you see DD's faffing around waiting for everyone else to catch up.

it's like they don't understand their job.

if they cap, us BB's can cover them until we get there.

if they don't cap, we are just shelling people for no reason,

and you can't cap in a BB. you're just a shell magnet until you sink.

it's the same in public games too.

as soon as the other team has capped all 3 points in the first few minutes

you know it's going to be a long irritating game just trying to rack up some credits.

Super Tester
630 posts
9,500 battles

I sure hope they change ranked battles as I really dislike being with 6 randoms and hoping you get a good DD on your team since you know it's all about the DDs in ranked battles, I've given up on ranked battles after hitting rank 10 this season but at least the next patch will be good because of:

Wait for 5.3's

so you can play with 6 other people you actually know.

Beta Tester
913 posts

I saw a stock amagi in the rank 10-6 bracket today.

The problem is I believe language barrier. Players just don't read english you tell them one thing they ignore or have no clue.

Its been a frustrating season too. I don't know how those players can climb up so high but do not understand the basics of winning the game. Killing does not make you win, capping and points do. Its so simple, yet those players are so dumb. It defies logic really.

406 posts
6,287 battles

I saw a stock amagi in the rank 10-6 bracket today.

The problem is I believe language barrier. Players just don't read english you tell them one thing they ignore or have no clue.

Its been a frustrating season too. I don't know how those players can climb up so high but do not understand the basics of winning the game. Killing does not make you win, capping and points do. Its so simple, yet those players are so dumb. It defies logic really.

Killing however does decrease the amount of enemies that can do Damage to you and thus increase the likelyhood of you being able to win. The Tactic for Ranked is secure one flag, kill their DDs as quick as possible, then ninja cap at will.

Beta Tester
913 posts

agreed. 

DD's either win the game or lose it.

simple as that. 

i hate it when the game starts and you see DD's faffing around waiting for everyone else to catch up.

it's like they don't understand their job.

if they cap, us BB's can cover them until we get there.

if they don't cap, we are just shelling people for no reason,

and you can't cap in a BB. you're just a shell magnet until you sink.

it's the same in public games too.

as soon as the other team has capped all 3 points in the first few minutes

you know it's going to be a long irritating game just trying to rack up some credits.

The problem is, when we do play a DD well. You don't get support from the team. Its like they are so trigger happy everytime they see a ship and start firing salvos on BBs far away.

Personally when I play a BB, I prioritise my opening salvos. Its most likely on a CA or DD that will threaten our DDs. You can afford to take hits from enemy BB, its fine. But if our DDs die its exponentially harder to win.

So I play DD, get screwed to noob CAs and BBs. Play BB, I get noob DDs that can't cap or don't know when to really run and disengage.

One of the biggest problems I have found is that player don't know the mechanics of concealment and when they are not spotted. They don't understand they can't run and hide if they keep firing.

Anyway ranked is a poor mode, good players should not be losing stars but not gaining on losses. Bad players should not get carried and should not gain a star if they didn't do jacksh1t for the team.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

The problem is, when we do play a DD well. You don't get support from the team. Its like they are so trigger happy everytime they see a ship and start firing salvos on BBs far away.

Personally when I play a BB, I prioritise my opening salvos. Its most likely on a CA or DD that will threaten our DDs. You can afford to take hits from enemy BB, its fine. But if our DDs die its exponentially harder to win.

So I play DD, get screwed to noob CAs and BBs. Play BB, I get noob DDs that can't cap or don't know when to really run and disengage.

One of the biggest problems I have found is that player don't know the mechanics of concealment and when they are not spotted. They don't understand they can't run and hide if they keep firing.

Anyway ranked is a poor mode, good players should not be losing stars but not gaining on losses. Bad players should not get carried and should not gain a star if they didn't do jacksh1t for the team.

Thats why i stop playing Lo Yang :D:D:D

I feel naked in it, there nothing i can do once CA decided to charge in and when i playing it remind me of how much i hate USN DDs these day :D:D:D

So i went back to Tashkent :P

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,447 battles

□□□□□□□□□□□?

□□□□□□

□□□,□□□□□□

language barrier at its finest

:D

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
609 posts
6,785 battles

The match maker is designed to roughly balance ships, not the skill level of the people playing them.

If I lose in ranked I almost always blame myself not my team, because it's a rare game where I think there is nothing I could have improved on.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

The match maker is designed to roughly balance ships, not the skill level of the people playing them.

If I lose in ranked I almost always blame myself not my team, because it's a rare game where I think there is nothing I could have improved on.

Same as me there no point to blaming others to begin with, because everyone always trying their best to win and if they making mistake or whatever most of the time is not on purpose and they feel sorry for that :P

Anyways i gotta say that is about luck most of the time if MM match you with the good team you basically win if not is going to be a hard game or lose :D:D:D

So i hope that they implement the system that if you an MVP or top 3 you not losing the star to lower the flusteration a little bit :trollface:

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i stop playing rank because i fear that my existance will be a burden to my teamates......

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

I gave up on ranked as per the OP, get a terrible team no matter how much dmg you do and you lose.

Buying premmie ships to these tiers doesnt help either, when people dont know how to use them!

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I gave up on ranked as per the OP, get a terrible team no matter how much dmg you do and you lose.

Buying premmie ships to these tiers doesnt help either, when people dont know how to use them!

Is about the luck good team win, bad team lose so dont get too serious about it :D:D:D

Sign in to follow this