You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cyxnide

World of I need your help.

14 comments in this topic

724 posts
2,153 battles

Alright guys, so I know this is a rather personal matter,but I need your help.

This neighbor of mine, he always leave one of his gate opened,and the joint holding the gate is already broken, so when the wind is strong enough the entire gate will slam to the other side. And no, talking to him won't work, he just shirk it off and say "it's not my problem, or do you wanna fix it for me?"

I'll show you a picture of what I'm talking about.

q25IgxB.png?1

Right, as you can see, the circled gate will be over at my driveway whenever he leave his gate opened. (which is about 22 hours a day, and 6 days a week)

The slope up our driveway is about 30 degrees high. Right now, with my crappy Proton Saga BLM, (sample picture below,and no mine is the base model so it looks much more crappier)

s1OxL3j.jpg?1

Here are some dimension figures for my current car.

Wheelbase 2,465 mm (97.0 in)
Length 4,257 mm (167.6 in)
Width 1,680 mm (66.1 in)
Height 1,502 mm (59.1 in)

Right now, with this Saga, I can still steer a little bit to the other side and stay clear from the gate while its opened. But here's a serious problem....

I'm planning to get a fridg- , I mean Toyota Camry XV30/XV40 (The XV40 has the same chassis as the Aurion in Australia).

XV30

6ua6edG.jpg?1

Dimension :

Wheelbase 2,720 mm (107.1 in)
Length 4,805 mm (189.2 in)
Width 1,795 mm (70.7 in)
Height 1,490 mm (58.7 in) (2005–06)

I'm too lazy to put in pictures and dimensions for the XV40 but you can google it yourself. Clearly, the XV30 is wider than my current car, so I can't dodge the gate as much as I can with the Proton Saga. What do you think I should do to avoid le gate denting my car door while not burning my neighbor's house down?

By the way in case you still doesn't get the fridge joke, lemme tell you this.

Toyota cars are known for their insane reliability, and so is a fridge.

And they have something in common too, it will keep running for decades and the light turns on when you open the door.

Edited by xDave1337x

334 posts
12,967 battles

Drill a hole in the driveway on you border and put a rod or post in so it cant swing all the way. Make sure it is highly visible.

724 posts
2,153 battles

Well if he won't fix then you 3 options.

1. Weld it shut.

2. A big chain with a padlock.

3. Remove the gates thus making him buy new ones.

:)

Can I blow his house up

or put one of this bad boys up and call him over

8sCtOV0.jpg

"Front Toward Neighbor"

:hiding:

Exactly what I need

Drill a hole in the driveway on you border and put a rod or post in so it cant swing all the way. Make sure it is highly visible.

I did thought about this one, if we build it low, its not enough to block it; but if we build it high enough to block it he's going to complain and give us a lot of trouble and my mom is going to 100% hit it cus she can't drive for !*@#

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Can I blow his house up

Exactly what I need

I did thought about this one, if we build it low, its not enough to block it; but if we build it high enough to block it he's going to complain and give us a lot of trouble and my mom is going to 100% hit it cus she can't drive for !*@#

If he complains it, just ignore him cause he deserved it. (that is if you tell him in advance you're getting the as-said vehicle and need the extra space) Even better, just ram the gate and let the party start :popcorn: (of course, this is not advisable if you dont plan on scratching your new car or getting into a fistfight) That being said though, you could always lodge a complaint to DBKL (only MY will understand) as a last resort, though whether if you trust them thats your call. :trollface:

406 posts
6,279 battles

Buy a an M1A1 Abrams instead of a Camry, sure it isn't as economical as the Camry, but it will solve your Gate Problem.

As others have said - put something on your side of the property that stops it from swinging open.

Or get a CCTV system, and when it does swing open and dent your vehicle, take him to court to pay for Damages.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I did thought about this one, if we build it low, its not enough to block it

Small solid block of any metal will stop that gate.

Or get a CCTV system, and when it does swing open and dent your vehicle, take him to court to pay for Damages.

Depending on national law:

- video material can only be used for crime enforcement, not as court material

- laws governing the use of cameras to protect people's privacy

(Dunno how it's in other countries, but over here you can't use cameras in public places unless you're with the government)

Edited by Retia

406 posts
6,279 battles

Small solid block of any metal will stop that gate.

Depending on national law:

- video material can only be used for crime enforcement, not as court material

- laws governing the use of cameras to protect people's privacy

(Dunno how it's in other countries, but over here you can't use cameras in public places unless you're with the government)

the Camera would be on his property, pointing at his front gate (and just so happen be able to see the Neighbours gate too) - but good point on the court material - in NZ, in something like the Disputes tribunal or small claims court I believe it would be allowed, but probably for anything more than that, it would have to be verified by the Police in order to be used as Evidence. That said, I would be surprised if they didn't allow Video evidence for Civil matters.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

the Camera would be on his property, pointing at his front gate (and just so happen be able to see the Neighbours gate too) - but good point on the court material - in NZ, in something like the Disputes tribunal or small claims court I believe it would be allowed, but probably for anything more than that, it would have to be verified by the Police in order to be used as Evidence. That said, I would be surprised if they didn't allow Video evidence for Civil matters.

I'm just going by german law, hence why I mentioned that it depends on national law.

Over here video material, even if captured by the police, can only be used for crime enforcement, i.e. the police has to find additional evidence.

As for cameras, private property ends at the plot boundary, anything beyond that already counts as public space and filming it is a pretty serious crime over here

that can get you up to 2 years of prison or a rather large fine. (Not accounting for the civil lawsuit)

Obviously filming someone else's private property is the same as public space.

Basically filming your private property is okay as long as it doesn't hurt another's privacy (I.e. toilets, changing rooms, etc.).

Nevermind that even taking the chance of having to go to court for a damn silly gate sounds pretty ridiculous in itself...

but then again the world is full of people like the OP's neighbour...

Although I gotta be honest, when someone says something like this to me:

"it's not my problem, or do you wanna fix it for me?"

Then I would've prolly borrowed a welder from my friend and made good use of it.

If he would try to bring it to court it wouldn't hold any ground, due to him asking me to fix it being a verbal contract.

Albeit it would prolly be useful to have a witness around. ;P

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

how about just glueing the gate in the middle of the night with super exrrrrta strong glue (must be those pesky kids down the street playing a prank):trollface: