Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Krieg

Pointless C Hulls

15 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Why are the C Hulls for the Fubuki and Kagero so pointless AND expensive credit wise? You LOSE a gun turret to get a VERY marginal AA boost. Since the recent nerf, CV's are so rare so that extra AA is useless. Additionally, even if there is a CV in the game, what are those few additional piddly little DD mounts going to do to a tier 9 or 10's planes?

I appreciate that you have to grind the XP to get through them. If you didn't have to research the C hull, that the XP cost would just be added to the next ships research price. You wouldn't be any better off at the end of the day.

I'm sure there are other ships out there with useless "upgrades".

575 posts
5,354 battles

For a DD to have additional AA is not pointless. It can mean the difference between sinking and surviving. In my Farragut, I have it configured for AA. That kept me alive on Faultline when a CV decided to park a fighter squadron above my ship. While dodging incoming fire, I was able to shoot down the entire squadron and vanish from the BB and CA coming for me. Consequently, I was able to ambush them both sinking the BB and ravaging the CA with flooding and fire and survived. So no, its not pointless. Even spotter planes (fighters or scouts) from ships can cause you problems too.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,777 battles

Do you even use guns on a Japanese destroyer... That's the point!~

Fubuki and Kagero have quite good guns, reasonable arc, excellent damage per shell.  Fire rate isn't great, but they are still highly useful.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Yes they do and I use them when the opportunity arises. Not using them is like trying to fight someone with one hand tied behind your back.

211 posts
9,931 battles

in IJN DD vs IJN DD why not? some of the mid tier IJN destroyer players couldn't hit a battleship with their guns = free kill :P

Super Tester
1,310 posts

welp.....

IJN DD gun started from hatsuharu has the best shell characteristic for a DD 

high damage, almost flat arc. and fast travel. (just not good turrets, slow rotation/reload)

its a shame not to put it into use when opportunity arise.

i would even dare to fight a USN/USSR DD with my IJN DD if its not 1 vs 1 :trollface:

if its a 1 vs 1 situation. i'd rather runs >.< 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

That kept me alive on Faultline when a CV decided to park a fighter squadron above my ship. While dodging incoming fire, I was able to shoot down the entire squadron and vanish from the BB and CA coming for me.

Must've been a good, but not good enough CV player,

because you're not supposed to park the aircrafts above a DD, but rather have them fly around somewhere in front of it at longest possible range.

Japanese destroyers have better alpha damage than US DDs throughout the tiers.

They're pretty much worse RU DDs when it comes to their guns.

The only issue is the reload, which usually means you move in, shoot and gtfo again until the enemy DD is dead.

Meanwhile RU and US DDs can pretty much stay in combat the entire time.

(Although some RU DDs are better off utilising a hybrid DD duel playstyle that's more like the JP one *cough* Ognevoi *cough*)

575 posts
5,354 battles

Must've been a good, but not good enough CV player,

because you're not supposed to park the aircrafts above a DD, but rather have them fly around somewhere in front of it at longest possible range.

Oh he flew them around me but stayed within my firing range of my AA (My skipper has the tier 4 gunnery skill). I guess he thought I didn't stand a chance to kill them. :trollface:

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

IJN DD's have main guns which don't have frustratingly bad arcs, and is it just me or are the turrets tougher too? I always get more guns blown up in USN DD's than IJN

178 posts
2,306 battles

Same problem in the Soviet DDs. Maybe worse due to lousy concealment. I believe the chance of turret destruction is probably the same for all nations DDs. Just that USN and Soviet DDs knife fight more, thus higher exposure and chances are you will lose a turret or two. 

Sign in to follow this