Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Black_Beard

The Trashkent.. It just wants some love.

32 comments in this topic

55 posts
1,452 battles

The Tashkent Tier 8 Russian "Destroyer":

"Lots of words incoming! Take cover!" :izmena:

My point: This particular ship has so many cons that outweigh the pros, so im here to listen to what other people think about this "destroyer" and to make a suggestion(s) I think would make more players want to try this ship out and enjoy it. Because you want to have fun right? Right....

Pros of the Trashkent::rolleyes:

1. Good top speed of over 42 knots.
  2. 130mm's can do well with AP. (Decent AP for a DD at least)
  3. AA is actually surprisingly good!
  4. First VMF DD to get 8 km torpedoes? (Even though they aren't good torps..)

Cons of the Trashkent::(

1. Huge size for a DD, its roughly 2/3 the size of a Cleveland or myoko to give reference.
  2. The huge size of this ship "takes" away the speed because its easier to hit. Imagine a Yamato at 42 knots. vs a kiev at 42 knots. Which one is easier to hit?
  3. Guns easily taken out, (When I say that I mean perma taken out not "Disabled")
  4. Same firepower as the pervious ship in the line, "Kiev".
  5. HE recently nerfed. Minus 300 HE damage, and 9% to 7% fire chance (Fairly big nerf imo)
  6. Stock torpedoes range of 4km, and upgraded ones only 8km. Not the best torpedo boat.
  7. Horrible concealment of 9.4 stock. 8.2 with camo and module upgrade (Not sure with captain skill, id say a little over 7 km)
  8. RU dd get 6+km detection when shooting, cant stealth fire. (Unless in smoke of course)
  9. Easy to hit while in smoke. (That huge size of the ship)
  10. HORRIBLE, turn radius the Mikhail Kutuzov has a TR of 760m, compared to Trashkent's 730m and this is a DD, terrible....
  11. Rudder shift is horrible stock unless you get module and upgraded hull even then huge turn radius makes it very hard to dodge incoming fire.
  12. The high hit points does not matter as its so easy to hit which is why its not mentioned in the pros.
  13. Terrible range, its a gunboat dd (almost 90% of time pew pew) and worse range than T7 Kiev. 11.7 WITH module upgrade and 13.9 with AFT. 

I could be nit picky and add another 12 more cons of the ship but I don't think its necessary to....you get the point :great:

Thoughts and Suggestion(s): The ships pros are minuscule to the amount of negatives that come with this ship. Its really a cruiser, and handles like a cruiser but with some extra speed, even then, worse AA then a cruiser, even worse torpedoes, worse firepower, No hydro acoustic or defensive fire, No armor so one volley from a mogami with HE and bang, 15k health gone, those 19k hit points are great! But heck, even a Fubuki is scary 1 volley bam 3-4k health gone 2 turrets taken out while in return only 1000-1500 damage is thrown back.

Suggestion: Its a gunboat, so make it a playable gunboat..:red_button:

1. Remove Perma destroyed guns from the Entirety of the game. Not only for this ship.
  2. Give this ship and the Udaloi (T9 VMF DD) the pre nerf guns. 1900 HE damage and 9 % fire chance.  
  3. Decrease turn radius to 700 meters from 730 meters.
  4. Buff gun range from 11.7 to 12.5 (Similar to Kiev) - It shouldn't have LESS range than the previous ship... Logic. It see's T9-10..

Why?: Destroyed guns only cause frustration and they are (just like everything) RNG taken out. The pre nerf guns give it a chance to actually play like a gunboat and make an impact it is after all a "cruiser" it wasn't called the "Blue Destroyer" .. Blue cruiser reference: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/9009-tashkent-the-blue-cruiser-of-the-red-fleet/.

The slightly smaller turn radius allows it to more easily dodge incoming fire since it has to get so close to use its guns. And buffing the gun range allows it to more safely fire and dodge.. In fact its near impossible to do anything in T10 games since everyone sits 20km's and slugfest it. You're left to either hang back do nothing or move in get taken out in 2 volleys from a Zao at 18km. That's assuming no carrier is spotting you...

But really it only makes sense to have the same or slightly more gun range than the previous ship T7 Kiev. It shouldn't have less. Why should the Trashkent be a downgrade.. Right? :trollface:

Conclusion: A gunboat should be a gunboat, if it cant play like a DD. (It clearly cannot). Or play like a cruiser, you might as well remove it from the game as most people give up at Kiev anyways. It should be able to play like a gunboat as the way the Benson or Fubuki play like a DD. I think the buffs I suggested are quite fair and realistic (They aren't going to make the ship invincible), I mean how many posts do you see claiming the Tashkent was OP and ruining the game?

Please share your thoughts if you have played this ship and how it compares to the previous ship T7 Kiev, which most claim is better than the Trashkent. Does it need a buff? Would my suggested buffs help? What buffs would you like to add?:hmm:

Beta Tester
908 posts

Its not any better in the Udaloi.

The guns get disabled so many times. I'd be lucky to even have all 3 guns intact each map.

Once the grind is over. I'm done with these POS. I won't be buying the Tier 10 ship.

Edited by SlamUez

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

The Tashkent Tier 8 Russian "Destroyer":

"Lots of words incoming! Take cover!" :izmena:

My point: This particular ship has so many cons that outweigh the pros, so im here to listen to what other people think about this "destroyer" and to make a suggestion(s) I think would make more players want to try this ship out and enjoy it. Because you want to have fun right? Right....

Pros of the Trashkent::rolleyes:

1. Good top speed of over 42 knots.
  2. 130mm's can do well with AP. (Decent AP for a DD at least)
  3. AA is actually surprisingly good!
  4. First VMF DD to get 8 km torpedoes? (Even though they aren't good torps..)

Cons of the Trashkent::(

1. Huge size for a DD, its roughly 2/3 the size of a Cleveland or myoko to give reference.
  2. The huge size of this ship "takes" away the speed because its easier to hit. Imagine a Yamato at 42 knots. vs a kiev at 42 knots. Which one is easier to hit?
  3. Guns easily taken out, (When I say that I mean perma taken out not "Disabled")
  4. Same firepower as the pervious ship in the line, "Kiev".
  5. HE recently nerfed. Minus 300 HE damage, and 9% to 7% fire chance (Fairly big nerf imo)
  6. Stock torpedoes range of 4km, and upgraded ones only 8km. Not the best torpedo boat.
  7. Horrible concealment of 9.4 stock. 8.2 with camo and module upgrade (Not sure with captain skill, id say a little over 7 km)
  8. RU dd get 6+km detection when shooting, cant stealth fire. (Unless in smoke of course)
  9. Easy to hit while in smoke. (That huge size of the ship)
  10. HORRIBLE, turn radius the Mikhail Kutuzov has a TR of 760m, compared to Trashkent's 730m and this is a DD, terrible....
  11. Rudder shift is horrible stock unless you get module and upgraded hull even then huge turn radius makes it very hard to dodge incoming fire.
  12. The high hit points does not matter as its so easy to hit which is why its not mentioned in the pros.
  13. Terrible range, its a gunboat dd (almost 90% of time pew pew) and worse range than T7 Kiev. 11.7 WITH module upgrade and 13.9 with AFT. 

I could be nit picky and add another 12 more cons of the ship but I don't think its necessary to....you get the point :great:

Thoughts and Suggestion(s): The ships pros are minuscule to the amount of negatives that come with this ship. Its really a cruiser, and handles like a cruiser but with some extra speed, even then, worse AA then a cruiser, even worse torpedoes, worse firepower, No hydro acoustic or defensive fire, No armor so one volley from a mogami with HE and bang, 15k health gone, those 19k hit points are great! But heck, even a Fubuki is scary 1 volley bam 3-4k health gone 2 turrets taken out while in return only 1000-1500 damage is thrown back.

Suggestion: Its a gunboat, so make it a playable gunboat..:red_button:

1. Remove Perma destroyed guns from the Entirety of the game. Not only for this ship.
  2. Give this ship and the Udaloi (T9 VMF DD) the pre nerf guns. 1900 HE damage and 9 % fire chance.  
  3. Decrease turn radius to 700 meters from 730 meters.
  4. Buff gun range from 11.7 to 12.5 (Similar to Kiev) - It shouldn't have LESS range than the previous ship... Logic. It see's T9-10..

Why?: Destroyed guns only cause frustration and they are (just like everything) RNG taken out. The pre nerf guns give it a chance to actually play like a gunboat and make an impact it is after all a "cruiser" it wasn't called the "Blue Destroyer" .. Blue cruiser reference: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/9009-tashkent-the-blue-cruiser-of-the-red-fleet/.

The slightly smaller turn radius allows it to more easily dodge incoming fire since it has to get so close to use its guns. And buffing the gun range allows it to more safely fire and dodge.. In fact its near impossible to do anything in T10 games since everyone sits 20km's and slugfest it. You're left to either hang back do nothing or move in get taken out in 2 volleys from a Zao at 18km. That's assuming no carrier is spotting you...

But really it only makes sense to have the same or slightly more gun range than the previous ship T7 Kiev. It shouldn't have less. Why should the Trashkent be a downgrade.. Right? :trollface:

Conclusion: A gunboat should be a gunboat, if it cant play like a DD. (It clearly cannot). Or play like a cruiser, you might as well remove it from the game as most people give up at Kiev anyways. It should be able to play like a gunboat as the way the Benson or Fubuki play like a DD. I think the buffs I suggested are quite fair and realistic (They aren't going to make the ship invincible), I mean how many posts do you see claiming the Tashkent was OP and ruining the game?

Please share your thoughts if you have played this ship and how it compares to the previous ship T7 Kiev, which most claim is better than the Trashkent. Does it need a buff? Would my suggested buffs help? What buffs would you like to add?:hmm:

Exact reason for selling the trashkent despite max upgrade and shifted focus to shimakaze (obtained)

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

After reading all of this. I've decided to quit grinding the Soviet DD line. Sell the Ognevoi and re-buy the Gnevny cause Gnevny is a great ship to play with.

You're better off with the grem since you have it, a Nicholas can outperform gnevy anytime
Edited by HeroOfWind

55 posts
1,452 battles

After reading all of this. I've decided to quit grinding the Soviet DD line. Sell the Ognevoi and re-buy the Gnevny cause Gnevny is a great ship to play with.

I cant blame you, they have been nerfed a lot! First with detection, then detection when shooting,then removing gun range module on the Udaloi and Khabarovsk,  then Dmg and fire chance, then the Kiev lost 3000 HP! Atm It feels like there's no reason to play these ships over cruisers. And US DDs can duel at close range and use torps, and have defensive fire AA. VERY underwhelming especially after the most recent nerfs. Only ship that gets the spotlight is the kiev, but all the rest are meh.

Gnevny is the only exception. Great little ship I made sure to keep mine :)

334 posts
13,009 battles

I was hoping Tashkent was going to be better than Kiev. Looks like I will give up on the Soviet ships dd's at least. The premium cruiser was a bit of an anti-climax as well. Well at least I know where to make room in port now.

55 posts
1,452 battles

I was hoping Tashkent was going to be better than Kiev. Looks like I will give up on the Soviet ships dd's at least. The premium cruiser was a bit of an anti-climax as well. Well at least I know where to make room in port now.

Yes, I gave the Tashkent a lot of hope, after over 80 battles in Kiev I got the tashkent, I gave her a chance. Mine is fully upgraded modules and captain (with AFT of course) and I still would rather take my Kiev, heck even my gnenvy into tier 8 than the Tashkent. Just to many negatives :(.

I really wanted to like this line and this ship but they just don't do the job...

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

You're better off with the grem since you have it, a Nicholas can outperform gnevy anytime

I don't think so. Each of them has some aspects of it's own. Nichol might has better turret rotation but her shell velocity is much worse than Gnevny's. Nichol might be albe to beat Gnevny in a close range engagement but in a long range duel, Gnev would certainly able to out gun Nichol. Gremyashchy, yes! She is great. A good overall destroyer but it would be alot better if i have 2 Gremyashchys in my port. 

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

I don't think so. Each of them has some aspects of it's own. Nichol might has better turret rotation but her shell velocity is much worse than Gnevny's. Nichol might be albe to beat Gnevny in a close range engagement but in a long range duel, Gnev would certainly able to out gun Nichol. Gremyashchy, yes! She is great. A good overall destroyer but it would be alot better if i have 2 Gremyashchys in my port. 

Why not 3 of them if the Anshan ever goes on sale here :D.

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,771 battles

I really want to like the Tashkent, it's a typical Russian DD, basically the Kiev which is a good ship but with actually usable torps.

Unfortunately, it's simply not a viable ship to play, and the reason is the size.  Russian DD's are built around firing at range and avoiding damage by not being hit.  This isn't possible in the Tashkent, because it's huge size makes it far too easy to hit at the 11-14k range it's normally firing at.  This breaks the whole play style of the ship.  All the other negatives the OP mentioned are simply balancing factors, and are perfectly fine, but the size is the key to why the ship is bad.  The extra few thousand hp is not enough to balance it, the ship is the size of a cruiser, it needs to have the hit points of a cruiser.

Since they can't exactly change the size of the ship, it will always be easy to hit, which means the only way to balance it would be to give it a massive hp buff, at least 30k plus. Perhaps combined with a buff to speed and turning as well. That's unlikely to happen, so I suggest playing the Tashkent as little as possible, it simply is not an enjoyable experience.

On the bright side, the Udaloi is much smaller, so once you're through the Tashkent things improve markedly.

55 posts
1,452 battles

I really want to like the Tashkent, it's a typical Russian DD, basically the Kiev which is a good ship but with actually usable torps.

Unfortunately, it's simply not a viable ship to play, and the reason is the size.  Russian DD's are built around firing at range and avoiding damage by not being hit.  This isn't possible in the Tashkent, because it's huge size makes it far too easy to hit at the 11-14k range it's normally firing at.  This breaks the whole play style of the ship.  All the other negatives the OP mentioned are simply balancing factors, and are perfectly fine, but the size is the key to why the ship is bad.  The extra few thousand hp is not enough to balance it, the ship is the size of a cruiser, it needs to have the hit points of a cruiser.

Since they can't exactly change the size of the ship, it will always be easy to hit, which means the only way to balance it would be to give it a massive hp buff, at least 30k plus. Perhaps combined with a buff to speed and turning as well. That's unlikely to happen, so I suggest playing the Tashkent as little as possible, it simply is not an enjoyable experience.

On the bright side, the Udaloi is much smaller, so once you're through the Tashkent things improve markedly.

I'm making this post because I can no longer urge myself to play this ship for the exact reasons you and I both mentioned. This ship is broken in the terms the way the VMF line is supposed to be played. Which Is why I wanted to see how other people felt, and thought the same...

I keep hearing about the Udaloi but I think im going to pass unless changes are made to the line. Thanks for your comment.

Edited by Captain_Black_Beard

211 posts
9,931 battles

Why buff the hit points when the gun turrets are so easily destroyed, it would end up being a defenceless floating hull in most games lol 

I think WG needs to address the ship's max range after the invo firing nerf seems like it has drastically affected this ship.

Inviso firing should be possible with concealment expert right?

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Because its not original? :trollface:

Maybe due to regional tension and politics :P.

Anyhow, you might like to check out Flamu's videos and his thoughts on this line.

Edited by EnochIsHere

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,771 battles

Why buff the hit points when the gun turrets are so easily destroyed, it would end up being a defenceless floating hull in most games lol 

I think WG needs to address the ship's max range after the invo firing nerf seems like it has drastically affected this ship.

Inviso firing should be possible with concealment expert right?

The gun turrets are exactly the same as the Kiev's and the Ognevoi's, which are playable if you play at range and avoid fire.  If you get too close and take concentrated fire you will lose gun turrets all the time.  All DD's in the game should get a turret survivability buff imo, but that's a subject that deserves it's own thread.  The issue is how easy it is to hit the Tashkent at range due to it's massive size, which is why the Tashkent is a bad ship, and the rest of the Russian DD line from teir 5 up are not.

Invisi-firing is not what Russian DD's are about - the idea is that you are always spotted while you are firing, but you avoid damage through speed and maneuverability of your small and hard to hit DD.

Beta Tester
908 posts

No it doesn't. The problems are still there.

You will get frustrated playing the udaloi when a clip to the rear disables the rear turret nearly every match.

I own the shimakaze and a maxed out fletcher. These 2 lines are more fun then the current russian DD line. Also you don't even do massive amounts of damage in the russian DDs. When you scrap the hell out of a BB. You no longer do any more HE damage. Those shots you hit, yielding zero damage frustrates the hell outa me.

Anyway, good luck to those thinking its still viable. Its not, I'm only doing it cause im 37k XP away from the Kharbroski. But I have no desire to buy it.

I'll just keep playing the fletcher for now, this ship is damn good and equally as good as the gearing.

55 posts
1,452 battles

Maybe due to regional tension and politics :P.

Anyhow, you might like to check out Flamu's videos and his thoughts on this line.

This is different, the T9 and 10 get an upgraded gun, with higher velocity, lower arc and more AP damage and higher rof. I dont have the Udaloi and the Khabarovsk but I imagine those ships are much better compared to the Trashkent in every way possible :D btw Flamu is a great player and youtuber! 

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

This is different, the T9 and 10 get an upgraded gun, with higher velocity, lower arc and more AP damage and higher rof. I dont have the Udaloi and the Khabarovsk but I imagine those ships are much better compared to the Trashkent in every way possible :D btw Flamu is a great player and youtuber! 

He called the Tashkent "the Kiev's clumsier, fatter cousin" :D.
Edited by EnochIsHere

211 posts
9,931 battles

The gun turrets are exactly the same as the Kiev's and the Ognevoi's, which are playable if you play at range and avoid fire.  If you get too close and take concentrated fire you will lose gun turrets all the time.  All DD's in the game should get a turret survivability buff imo, but that's a subject that deserves it's own thread.  The issue is how easy it is to hit the Tashkent at range due to it's massive size, which is why the Tashkent is a bad ship, and the rest of the Russian DD line from teir 5 up are not.

Invisi-firing is not what Russian DD's are about - the idea is that you are always spotted while you are firing, but you avoid damage through speed and maneuverability of your small and hard to hit DD.

Historically Kiev and Tashkent are based off the same Destroyer series

I'm not seeing any significant size difference between the two in port, though Kiev does have the better rudder shift time (personally i still think Kiev handles like a brick)

Sign in to follow this