Sign in to follow this  
Storm_Raiser

Tier IV BB's

7 comments in this topic

415 posts
10,918 battles

So I bought the Imperator Nikolai I and was quite disappointed to find it doesn't get a spotter aircraft and I was wondering if any of the Tier IV BB's get one or if someone could point me to the place where I can find this out for myself ... I checked the Wiki but they don't show up as equipment for any of the tier IV's but I'm sure I saw an Ishizuchi with one

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

So I bought the Imperator Nikolai I and was quite disappointed to find it doesn't get a spotter aircraft and I was wondering if any of the Tier IV BB's get one or if someone could point me to the place where I can find this out for myself ... I checked the Wiki but they don't show up as equipment for any of the tier IV's but I'm sure I saw an Ishizuchi with one

Nope. The Ishizuchi doesn't have spotter plane. Myogi is the only tier IV battleship with a spotter.

How do i know? I have Ishizuchi in my port. And just in case, the Arkansas Beta doesn't have one either. 

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

415 posts
10,918 battles

There must have been a Myogi in that battle then ... that would make sense ... I really have got to get around to enabling replays ... thanks for your quick reply

I forgot all about the Arkansas ... I've only been playing 6 months so missed out on her :(

Edited by Storm_Raiser

415 posts
10,918 battles

Spotters aren't that great of an asset, tier 8 Battleships get catapult fighters which are much more handy at dealing with air attack and scouting

That's handy to know, I will try that on my North Carolina 

19 posts
753 battles

Personally I'm a big fan of my spotter plane.  If you're a good shot you can nail enemy ships right at the beginning of the match thanks to the huge range bonus you get when you launch a spotter.  Then again, I've only just got a Kongo and I've been playing almost all tier 4 games so far so maybe at higher tiers it's not as useful?  Still satisfying to do 10,000 damage to an unsuspecting, unmaneouvering enemy battleship from 20km away in the Myogi though, even if a shot like that only happens like 1 in 3 games.  Spotter planes also help you fight back against higher tier battleships that outrange you.

Edited by PixelDust

Sign in to follow this