Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Unbalanced_Game

What is being done to get rid of AFKs?

26 comments in this topic

5 posts
8,185 battles

I have 1~2 AFKs, either on our team or enemy team, every match. This is especially bad if it's CV.

Sure, some people are poor to afford good internet connection, but that does NOT mean they can just go AFK and ruin everybody's game. 

The report system? It's more like up and down vote system on forums. If not, why would you limit the number of reports? There could be more than 7 trollers or AFKs everyday if you are unlucky. Besides, how does mere "Plays poorly" or "Misbehavior in chat" help you catching trolls and AFKs? Must be magical no?

Teamkills, yeah we get credit compensation for that. The killer's nickname will turn pink and probably get banned. That's fine and reasonable.

AFKs? You can't TK him, unlike the pink ones. Your team won't get any sort of compensation. You see them everyday, so one could guess that nothing is being done to them at all.

Why?

Edited by retrolasm

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

ez, move up to higher tier battle

nobody dare to afk in tier 7-8-9-10 games without reason unless they like to lose their money

or you could.....ya know play with bots

having afk enemy team is actually a good stuff for you since....it FREE MONEY AND EXP :teethhappy:

334 posts
13,037 battles

Just what can you do WG has no control over people at home or their internet connection. It's not like most of them are intentionally AFK just to ruin someone's game.

211 posts
9,931 battles

Nothing really, just report them as bots

if they are AFK farming bots, enough complaints will be made surly WG will review said player (WG only has so much staff)

i assume continual team killing will end up with a suspended account or something. 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

AFK is handled by the automatic system, you do not need to report them. Also - do not shoot at the pink players on your team, the damage you do to them is counted against you, do it too many times, and you will turn pink as well!! just leave them be, if the shoot at you then so be it, the system in place will deal with it.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,183 battles

AFK is handled by the automatic system, you do not need to report them. Also - do not shoot at the pink players on your team, the damage you do to them is counted against you, do it too many times, and you will turn pink as well!! just leave them be, if the shoot at you then so be it, the system in place will deal with it.

So, if i am being chased by a pink destroyer who is threatening to kill me, there is nothing i can do to protect myself?

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

So, if i am being chased by a pink destroyer who is threatening to kill me, there is nothing i can do to protect myself?

Q, E,R

if you in BB: Q,E,R,Y

wait is the repair T or Y.........hmmmm

1,126 posts

so... how do you tell the different between AFK by accident, and intention AFK?

AFK sometimes it can't be help, nobody ask to have a problem.

I too are AFK a few times because internet connection problem, and game critical crash, I even have game freeze between map loading too.

52 posts

There're always has to be that "one" player in the Kongo or New Mexico who goes AFK at the start of the battle just to be a huge dead weight to the team and exp piñata for the enemy . I still expends my ticket on them whenever I see one . . .

753 posts
8,965 battles

If I'm disconnected I immediately log back in even if it's my ISP, my connection might still be bad but at least I might be able to contribute something to the team.

If possible, when a player is disconnected or is just a bot then sure let the opposing player earn his xp and credits for their destruction but do not have their death subtracted from the teams game score.

Several times the death of a bot has cost my team the match. 

Also, if a player is still connected yet inactive then have their health gradually reduce even to the point of death. This might help with what I mentioned above regarding team game score and would also stop those that like to just sit their, sometimes for 5 or more minutes, while the rest of the team is being active.These players really annoy me and if you are one of them then I can guarantee you will get rammed.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Sadly, there's not much that can be done about them with the basic reporting system. Sure, you can send in a ticket to CS with screenshots and a replay for them to view. Then they may or may not do something. What they need is the exact same system or a modified version of WoTs' AFK system. That one logs what a player does and keeps a record. I believe after a number of AFK incidents it bans you for a day and more time banned after more offenses. I think this and putting in a choice to report an AFK player might help...but then again, without some way of monitoring they really can't do anything about it.

753 posts
8,965 battles

I wouldn't go AFK for the first 1:30 minutes of the battle if weren't for my potato computer. :sceptic:

Then get a better computer or don't play, you are ruining the experience for everyone else.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Then get a better computer or don't play, you are ruining the experience for everyone else.

why would he ruin every1 else experience when we wont exchange blow with enemy until 17 or 16 minutes mark (except if there is CV in the game. tough it still need about atleast 2 minutes before plane arrive at enemy location. and that if the CV doesnt need loading at all)
Edited by ReNation

753 posts
8,965 battles

why would he ruin every1 else experience when we wont exchange blow with enemy until 17 or 16 minutes mark (except if there is CV in the game. tough it still need about atleast 2 minutes before plane arrive at enemy location. and that if the CV doesnt need loading at all)

Quite simple really, because he is not exchanging blows with the enemy hence less damage to the enemy and when he is killed without making any contribution whatsoever his death affects the team score. 

334 posts
13,037 battles

This is a bit juvenile isn't it. It's just a game

753 posts
8,965 battles

This is a bit juvenile isn't it. It's just a game

Not at all, juvenile is stating pathetic excuses as to why you even attempt to play when you are fully aware that your equipment is not capable of supporting the game.

It's like me saying I would have won that formula 1 race if I wasn't driving my mothers clapped out Morris Minor.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Not at all, juvenile is stating pathetic excuses as to why you even attempt to play when you are fully aware that your equipment is not capable of supporting the game.

It's like me saying I would have won that formula 1 race if I wasn't driving my mothers clapped out Morris Minor.

so you are saying, only ppl that has $1000++ computer may play this game? :fishpalm:

getting late 1 minutes into the game is bloody normal for computer without SSD. (and sometimes windows process hold some responsible for HDD usage [svchost for example])

and we usually start to battling after 3 minutes into the game (except in small map like strait/big race)

thats why WG increase the waiting time before entering the battle from 30 sec to 60 sec. and some rich kid get angry coz the have to wait longer to enter the battle while cursing other ppl that taking a bit long to load(i am not talking bout u, but i actually saw some ppl did get angry when the first time this game increase the waiting time some patch ago)

not all ppl have SSD.

also when some1 has SSD. they usually use that for system drive. not game storage.

Edited by ReNation

753 posts
8,965 battles

so you are saying, only ppl that has $1000++ computer may play this game? :fishpalm:

getting late 1 minutes into the game is bloody normal for computer without SSD. (and sometimes windows process hold some responsible for HDD usage [svchost for example])

and we usually start to battling after 3 minutes into the game (except in small map like strait/big race)

thats why WG increase the waiting time before entering the battle from 30 sec to 60 sec. and some rich kid get angry coz the have to wait longer to enter the battle while cursing other ppl that taking a bit long to load(i am not talking bout u, but i actually saw some ppl did get angry when the first time this game increase the waiting time some patch ago)

not all ppl have SSD.

also when some1 has SSD. they usually use that for system drive. not game storage.

I apologize if my original comment seemed harsh but, I play on a laptop that is 4 years old, not built for gaming and play in my shed outside so as not to annoy my family.

My settings are set to the lowest possible and my wifi signal is not great in my shed, however, I have never entered a match where it has progressed several minutes and I fail to see any logical reason as to why others may encounter this so called afk/late entry phenomenon other than that they are doing it solely for the reasons mentioned before. 

If I have a bad signal strength day then I either do not play or use my sons gaming desktop inside if possible.

The introduction of the 60 second wait time has seen a great reduction in this for legitimate reasons and WG would have statistical evidence to quantify this.

Therefore those that continue to sit there while the game progresses are either trolls, cowards or do not own a computer that meets the minimum requirements of the game thus ruining the experience of others that do not fit these descriptions. 

Super Tester
1,310 posts

well as for me. i wont say 1 minutes late is bad.

for example in my game few hours ago.

i entered the match at 18:15 mark (that almost 2 minutes late) in my nurnberg

and guess what? i actually block 2 pesky DD that manage to pass the ppl in front of me(around 16:30 mark), and killing 1 of them. as the other 1. i only manage to get half of his hp. and my team get him.

at the end of match i actually carry the game with 4 kills, almost got my kraken if only my last salvo reach that last cleveland that manage to run from me earlier >.< (game end when my last salvo is about 1 or 2 second before hitting that cleaveland [240hp left])

Edited by ReNation

1,070 posts
3,852 battles

Its not dealing with TK'ers very well though. Back at the start of November I reported one I encountered on the NA server to the NA mods ( he came in game in a CV,then tried to straight away to sink a South Carolina,and died due to reflected damage). Then 2 weeks ago someone reported the same player on the NA forum ( the thread was of course deleted due to the name and shame policy),they are still playing and still TKing 2 months later.

Oh,and for those that think and SSD is necessary to load in quick,its not.I built my computer back in late 2011,i7 2700k,Nvidia 580,16 GB RAM, and 2 x 1 TB HDD (Windows on one,and all my games on the other). First run through of a map I usually load in with approx 20 seconds on the countdown,after that I can load in with 40 or more seconds to go. I have no idea was some people load in slow,but an SSD may not fix it.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

how much is your team disadvantaged if he is a dd and its domination and only 2 dds per team, or one dd per team?. 

how much disadvantaged is your team if he is a vital BB that doesn't start moving into a firing support position until 2 mins into a battle?.

Seriously without throwing blind support for a supertester out there, starting a battle late, is not playing the full battle.

In WoT I ALWAYS got the light tanks that wouldn't move until 2 minutes into the battle.

Were they AFK bots, or bad computers?. It happens so much, it's not ALWAYS AFK bots, and I was always thinking WHY play a light tank in high tier games, ABSOLUTELY VITAL that YOU get to a good spot on the map FIRST, yet you know your PC isn't up to it?.

And this is often why my teams would lose.

WOWS would be the same, if you have the same CV player, or DD or BB who doesn't play for the first 10% of a battle. Cruisers I'm not so sure about, however....

YES no-one engages for the first few minutes, BUT, everyone is manouvering including cruisers. The only advantage the slow to load game "i'm on a potato pc" player has, is there may be one or two on enemy team just like them. Maybe...if you like gambling. If there's one, it evens the score, if there's more it gives an advantage. But you give your team an undeniable disadvantage, automatically.

10% or 1/10th is a fair chunk of battle.

I can only recommend, lowest settings, stopping all background programs from running. Using ethernet rather than wifi.

Sign in to follow this