Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

So....What's the deal about Tone? Why put it on tier 7?

20 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,229 battles

You know.....i'm just curious as why the devs put her on tier 7. I mean, though the Devs makes Atago much stronger than Myoko( more health, stronger armour and other magical buff.

But IRL She is just a slightly modified Myoko for flagship duties with slightly better Armour.

Compare Atago with Tone. Tone have MUCH stronger armour, in fact the strongest of all actually built IJN ca. Because all her 4 turret are concentrated forward. 

Indeed she have one less turret. But i think the boost in armour and planes are enough to make her a tier 8.

And also not to mention she have better AA as well

75 posts
3,402 battles

What's a "Tone"? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone-class_cruiser

The two Tone-class cruisers (利根型巡洋艦 Tone-gata jun'yōkan?) were the last heavy cruisers completed for the Imperial Japanese Navy. The Tone-class cruisers were originally envisaged as the 5th and 6th vessels in the Mogami class.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

If Tone is a tier VIII then it is unlikely that she is gonna be available for purchase because we've already had the Atago. I think it's fair to put the Tone at tier VII. Especially when consider the Tone was designed as a reconnaissance cruiser for second line purpose, not for front line action.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Just cause they were the last Heavy Cruisers built , doesn't mean that Tone is better than Takao, which is still said to be the best IJN Heavy Cruiser of WW2.

Edited by Windforce

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Thanks for the answers ... now I have to wonder where the OP got the info about the ship coming to WoWs

probably from leaks or mods.

----------------------------------------------------

for OP

tone got more planes than any other cruiser?

yes. she is an aviation cruiser afterall

but there is no aviation cruiser in this game. (probably not yet. but i dont know. probably in far future)

in this game, tone is just a reguler cruiser with only 4x2 203mm gun for her main armanent (which is less than takao/mogami/myoko)

her planes is just the same circling fighter planes like any other cruiser that can only launched ONE at a time (if WG could give tone an option to choose between fighter or scout [like a BB], then it would be good enough)

Edited by ReNation

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

the fact that tone is coming soon(not really) has been quite open for a pretty long time now, the model can even be seen if you had a mod that shows all ships in the tech tree

75 posts
3,402 battles

the fact that tone is coming soon(not really) has been quite open for a pretty long time now, the model can even be seen if you had a mod that shows all ships in the tech tree

Tech tree...... does anyone have a good tech tree worth downloading ?

Maybe with stats and even gold ships ?

Edited by Davidious

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Thanks for the answers ... now I have to wonder where the OP got the info about the ship coming to WoWs

Here... Just need to google. The ship is not under NDA any more... I guess...

Super Tester
2,725 posts

In actuality, she wasn't meant to be an anti-ship missions as Tone and her sister ship, Chikuma, are the kidou butai or Carrier Task Force's eyes. As both ship are designed to do long range scouting and had large seaplane hanger with her forward guns & AA as defense.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

If they do add her, they may well function like a ship whose captain has the air superiority skill and may be able to launch two scouts/fighter at a time? or have longer flight durations and shorter cooldowns, or even have scouts and fighters launched simultaniously

Edited by Blitzkreig95

634 posts
6,229 battles

If they do add her, they may well function like a ship whose captain has the air superiority skill and may be able to launch two scouts/fighter at a time? or have longer flight durations and shorter cooldowns, or even have scouts and fighters launched simultaniously

that's what i am hoping for man

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

she's probably going to be put into an alternative tree if she isn't released as premium yet. For example split at aoba into myoko or Tone. you pick whichever one you want i guess.

40 posts

The difficulty with Tone, seems some people demanding WG that Tone should act like a "aviation cruiser" allowing players to control her planes rather than AI controlled, also players want she have DB and TB to control? Bad idea, i believe Tone would play a normal scout cruiser, however she able launching float-plane much faster than other cruisers, scout probably has larger spotting radius and you able launch 2 fighters per catapult provide a little A.S against incoming DB/TB squads.

Interesting on her armor from gamesmodel3d, apparently Tone have a 175mm armor thick located at frontal bulkhead since her guns are crowded forward Tone should fit with current "bow vs bow" meta (well other cruisers can do the same), am not sure how #3 and #4 turret arcs look like, other testers said the arc is poor? Maybe. The downfall that Tone has much larger citadel size than Atago, while her main belt only 100mm thick but the magazine quite well protected with 145mm armor but for a cruiser you not going to survive against BB, stern armor quite weak you probably can get citadel when retreat.

Edited by AlexPlayWOWS

451 posts
6,946 battles

If u want to know how a tone may perform, you can check out the izumo LOL

Turning your butt to the enemies will end up in a pretty kinky situation

Sign in to follow this