_Tangaroa_

match making

6 comments in this topic

3 posts
355 battles

hi there fellow captains and admirals.

so ive been plying the seven seas for about a week now, and must say, thoroughly enjoying the game.

so quick question about match making and tiers, so do you go up other players that have around the same levels of experience as you? or are the matches based of the tier of the ship you are using? like a tier III ship will usually to me seem to only go against 1 - 2 tiers above or below it?

anyways, thanks for the help, and see you on the seas

Super Tester
1,677 posts

hi there fellow captains and admirals.

so ive been plying the seven seas for about a week now, and must say, thoroughly enjoying the game.

so quick question about match making and tiers, so do you go up other players that have around the same levels of experience as you? or are the matches based of the tier of the ship you are using? like a tier III ship will usually to me seem to only go against 1 - 2 tiers above or below it?

anyways, thanks for the help, and see you on the seas

MM depends on the ships in play, I believe. there might be times tier rolls second i.e. the enemy in a 5-6-7 match has several tier 7 battleships while your team has several high tier cruisers and destroyers.

050mm.png

Note if you might not know:

-Kitakami was removed entirely and only the RUdevs can still grab a hold of it.

- Sims, Yubari and Gremyaschy are pre-order ships. you cannot get them in shop

- Iwaki Alpha is for the Alpha Testers and Arkansas Beta is for those that got in during Closed Beta

- Warspite, Tirpitz, and the new Mikhail Kutuzov (not shown here) are "ghost ships" that appear during times that has a load of events or whatnot.

- Tachibana and Diana are usually "prize ships" in contests

- Atago and Atlanta can be bought in both premium shop and in-game, provided you have enough doubloons for them but its recommended that you are already very used to the gameplay and its mechanics such as the torpedoes first before you commit to a premium vessel available should you wish to buy

That aside, enjoy sailin'

Edited by EvyL

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

To expand on the chart and why things don't always look exactly like it should!

I'll use the Tier IV premium Arkansas Beta as my example ship:

Now normally if played solo she could see Battle Tiers 4 & 5, which includes
Tier III/IV/V Cruisers, Destroyers and Battleships &
Tier  IV/V Carriers

There are 2 things that will throw the MM out:

1.  Divisions - the highest weighted ship (normally highest tier) in the division is used for the match making - in this case if I was to division with a Tier IV Cruiser or Destroyer then I will see up to battle tier 6 as that is the match making weighting for those 2 ships, which is higher than the premium BBs!  This means I can now go outside my normal range of ships and come up against those that I would not normally see.
2.  Numbers at the time - if the numbers online are low and a player has been in queue for the 5 minute limit then MM will use what is available to create a battle and ignore some of the rules.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

The Atlanta has no business ever being in a tier 9 match. That's simply asking too much of it's fast firing, but wee little guns.

That's like sending a 13yo boy out on a date with Rhonda Rousey! :trollface:

590 posts
2,995 battles

Memorable for all the wrong reasons?

The Atlanta has no business ever being in a tier 9 match. That's simply asking too much of it's fast firing, but wee little guns.

That's like sending a 13yo boy out on a date with Rhonda Rousey! :trollface: