You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Free repair option

9 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Allow the option of free repair to ships the duration of which increases in relation to tier level, ship type and current repair cost.

Currently it seems that most players are more concerned about losing or even receiving damage to their ship rather than supporting team mates and the objective, especially in high tiers but also evident in the lower tiers. 

Perhaps if a free repair option was available it would encourage players to adopt a more supportive and aggressive play style.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

One thing I like from the "other game" is having 10 free repairs once you first unlock a vehicle. 

At least this way you won't be punished (as bad) for driving/flying/sailing a stock vehicle.

753 posts
8,965 battles

One thing I like from the "other game" is having 10 free repairs once you first unlock a vehicle. 

At least this way you won't be punished (as bad) for driving/flying/sailing a stock vehicle.

Very true and another option that did not occur to me. 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Lower tier ships don't have a repair cost associated for simply taking them out, if I recall. 

For higher tier ships, there's a basic repair cost (i.e. fuel costs, general maintenance). Ammunition costs are counted separately from that (and yes, post-match maintenance costs increase for every shell and torpedo you fire).

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Lower tier ships don't have a repair cost associated for simply taking them out, if I recall. 

For higher tier ships, there's a basic repair cost (i.e. fuel costs, general maintenance). Ammunition costs are counted separately from that (and yes, post-match maintenance costs increase for every shell and torpedo you fire).

You don't have to tell that to "certain" torpedo spammers I know..............  :hiding:

575 posts
5,354 battles

What I want to know is why we're charged for a new one if not used in battle. I've gone through a number of battles where I didn't have to use my premium repair, heal, or AA and end up being charged for them though I had not used one. WoT doesn't charge you in a like manner if you don't use them. It should be the same for this game.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

What I want to know is why we're charged for a new one if not used in battle. I've gone through a number of battles where I didn't have to use my premium repair, heal, or AA and end up being charged for them though I had not used one. WoT doesn't charge you in a like manner if you don't use them. It should be the same for this game.

It's the same payment model as for the food consumables in WoT.

575 posts
5,354 battles

It's the same payment model as for the food consumables in WoT.

Yeah but...WoT has fire extinguishers, repair kits, and med packs. If they're not used, there's no cost. These are the exact same thing as the DC and Repair party. They should not be considered the same a coffee, soda, tea, or whatever else because these things directly affect skill level of the crew. DC and repair party do not, they heal and protect the ship. WG has made a huge mistake by redefining these as that.