Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HenryCrun

A pretty dismal Premium shop at the moment.

29 comments in this topic

219 posts
3,343 battles

What a dull line-up of Specials and Ships - makes the fly-specked window display of my local general store look exciting by comparison.

What about it, WG.....brighten things up a bit and add some new stuff; there are people out here willing and able to spend, you know.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Sometimes I'd wish they'd stop with the "Limited time offer" method they use to sell new ships... It's not really good business practice and don't get me started on the Bundle Packs...  WG should really evaluate their Marketing team, honestly this does not a good way to earn income in the long run...

True enough there are people who have the buying power for what they have offer but nobody likes to be forced into a corner... Just give us a choice WG, and you'll see greens roll your way in no time at all...

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,798 battles

Sometimes I'd wish they'd stop with the "Limited time offer" method they use to sell new ships... It's not really good business practice and don't get me started on the Bundle Packs...  WG should really evaluate their Marketing team, honestly this does not a good way to earn income in the long run...

True enough there are people who have the buying power for what they have offer but nobody likes to be forced into a corner... Just give us a choice WG, and you'll see greens roll your way in no time at all...

When you realize ASIA has the best bundles so far. All the other servers had a silly high price whereas we can guys buy a "bundle" of a ship and port slot. And free flags.

219 posts
3,343 battles

As one who has a marketing background I find their approach quite peculiar.

The way they hold products back and release "special packs" and the way they restrict the types of items to certain regions is really at odds with what mass marketing is all about.

Is this a Russian business mentality? (No slight implied or intended).

You don't tell potential customers, who are holding money in their hands, to go away and come back later when we have some special deals.

580 posts
1,587 battles

When you realize ASIA has the best bundles so far. All the other servers had a silly high price whereas we can guys buy a "bundle" of a ship and port slot. And free flags.

I know that ASIA has a good going on with the bundles... What I'm talking about is to give us consumers more options... Indeed bundles are a good value for your money when you break it all down, but there are some of us who just want the Ship and nothing extra.

I really don't care if I have to pay full price for the ship it's just that with the bells and whistles that come along with the package it really adds up and some can do without those extras...

It's really quite a handicap with the potential profits they make with this rigid selling structure... It feels like it's all or nothing and that really puts a damper on the development machine...

Honestly I'm starting to like WG that I want them to succeed and rise to greater heights much like how I admire another developer we all know as Bethesda...

Edited by Kreigg

219 posts
3,343 battles

Atlanta educates people to do research before they buy anything.

So what?

That's not the point of the post, which was to query the lack of stuff to buy in the first place.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Sometimes when WG doing some marketing stuff and Advertising in my country i kinda feel that "Why you not ask local agency to do it for you this is not going to work" at some point i feel like i should become WG marketing my self :D:D:D

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I'd do a lot more *soon TM's if i knew how to do the TM part.

we can all say yo to the lang at the end of January, apparently.

but i agree with the OP, take the tirpitz for example, many want it, and it should just always be in the shop, yet it's almost like wg try to create a fever pitch for the sale of items such as tirpitz or DARE I MENTION THY NAME type 59.

I also have a background in marketing and law, and the only conclusion I can come to, is due to the 3 million AUD WG is earning PER DAY, they don't NEED to earn more at this time, so don't really care about the "consumer", as I believe with the world population explosion, and rapid inflation (of humans) that for every "consumer" who walks away from a "deal with a seller of wares", there are 2 other "consumers" who are willing to purchase.

So, in the current global economic, humanitarian, political, environmental, situation, the ball is most definately in the court of the businessman, and not the consumer.

If you want to test this theory, go to a car dealer and see exactly how good of a deal you can negotiate for yourself as a consumer vs the "business". I did it, and walked away absolutely stunned, but fortunate enough not to get into a massive debt pit by buying a new ute. I find motorcycle dealers much more negotiable, just yesterday I got a HUGE 20% discount off the advertised price of the motorbike, and asked them to throw in a brand new helmet, which they have.

Why are motorcycle salesmen more obliging towards consumers?. Perhaps the political side of things is geared towards encouraging more people in first world nations towards motorcycling for environmental factors and road de-congestion, parking, and the such in cities?. Who knows, but big brother. The insurance is dead cheap too, compared to my motor vehicle.

AH the great mysteries of life, that very few think to ask themselves.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,798 battles

Was made a while back when NA was complaining about their premium shop. Felt its applicable here too because its the same.

View PostNyxWGA, on 09 August 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

I want to answer this, so that folks can see what the decision making process was here. That doesn't necessarily mean you are going to agree with the answer, but I'll give it to you anyway. Many folks are concerned because EU is selling ships that we are not yet (notably the Mikasa). EU has a large marketing campaign tied to gamescom right now, and are expecting to gain a large influx of customers to their servers - more customers = more folks to sell shiny toys to. NA's marketing campaign is not set to kick off for several more weeks - we have no large event occurring to promote so it doesn't make sense to throw advertising dollars around with no concrete reason or goal just yet. We have an extensive campaign slated to begin a few weeks from now and ramp up throughout the month of September. This is when we expect to see that same large influx of customers. We want to generate the most revenue possible from our promotions, because after all we are a business. We could sell ships now, but it would only be to the smaller group of existing customers.

I know that sucks for you as an existing customer. You see ships that are available elsewhere, and you want them RIGHT NOW, and I totally get that. I'm telling you all of this to set your expectations that we won't be selling these ships immediately - not because we wish to withhold them from you out of some sort of malice or spite, but because it makes the most business sense to wait and sell them to the largest possible audience once our marketing and advertising campaign has a chance to fully ramp up. These decisions were made strategically based on extensive market data, not willy nilly. Some guy in an office somewhere doesn't just sit up one day and say, hey I think I'll sell the Mikasa tomorrow. These things are planned months in advance, and tied to what we know about customer behavior in a given time period, and expected growth of customers based on advertising dollars spent. To set correct expectations, it is HIGHLY LIKELY that EU will sell other ships before us as well, based on their planned advertising dollars spent. We will ALSO have times when we sell things before they do, again based on concrete data and planned marketing campaigns.

As a note, we will be doing giveaways during PAX, just as EU is doing during gamescom. The Tirpitz will be included in that. We also have a ship specific to PAX that will be given away, both at the convention and here on the forums to those who participate in that week's forum contests.

tl/dr There really are reasons why these things occur. All of these ships WILL be made available to you, but the timing across different regions is different.

892 posts
7,853 battles

but i agree with the OP, take the tirpitz for example, many want it, and it should just always be in the shop, yet it's almost like wg try to create a fever pitch for the sale of items such as tirpitz or DARE I MENTION THY NAME type 59.

I also have a background in marketing and law, and the only conclusion I can come to, is due to the 3 million AUD WG is earning PER DAY, they don't NEED to earn more at this time, so don't really care about the "consumer", as I believe with the world population explosion, and rapid inflation (of humans) that for every "consumer" who walks away from a "deal with a seller of wares", there are 2 other "consumers" who are willing to purchase.

So, in the current global economic, humanitarian, political, environmental, situation, the ball is most definately in the court of the businessman, and not the consumer.

If you want to test this theory, go to a car dealer and see exactly how good of a deal you can negotiate for yourself as a consumer vs the "business". I did it, and walked away absolutely stunned, but fortunate enough not to get into a massive debt pit by buying a new ute. I find motorcycle dealers much more negotiable, just yesterday I got a HUGE 20% discount off the advertised price of the motorbike, and asked them to throw in a brand new helmet, which they have.

Why are motorcycle salesmen more obliging towards consumers?. Perhaps the political side of things is geared towards encouraging more people in first world nations towards motorcycling for environmental factors and road de-congestion, parking, and the such in cities?. Who knows, but big brother. The insurance is dead cheap too, compared to my motor vehicle.

You can do the TM bit by highlighting TM and clicking x2

406 posts
6,274 battles

Out of curiousity - where did you get the $3 million AUD/day figure from?

Also - Yes Motorbike Sales people are chur - Both my Bikes (GSX650FU and my current GSX-R1300) I got a Pack Rack and Frame sliders fitted for free - main reason is that Bikes are a luxury toy for most Motorcyclists which means they are more likely to change bikes (new model comes out, want to try something different etc.) so sucking up to a customer to get them to come back is much more likely to yeild long time return on investment, whereas a Car is likely to be changed once every 5-10 years, by which time it is less likely the business will get a Return on Investment.

892 posts
7,853 battles

Limited Time Package: Lo Yang - Doubloon Pack

Package Contents:

• Tier VIII Pan-Asia Destroyer "Lo Yang" x 1
  • Port Slot x 1
  • 5,580 Doubloons
  • Signal Flag ”Equal Speed Charlie London" x 20

• Signal Flag "India Bravo Terrathree" x 20
  • Signal Flag "Zulu" x 20
  • Consumable "Smoke Generator II" x 20
  • Consumable "Damage Control Party II" x 20

Limited Time Package: Lo Yang - Premium Pack

Package Contents:

• Port Slot x 1
  • 30 Days Premium Time
  • Signal Flag ”Equal Speed Charlie London" x 10

• Signal Flag "India Bravo Terrathree" x 15

• Signal Flag "Zulu" x 15
  • Consumable "Smoke Generator II" x 40

• Consumable "Damage Control Party II" x 40

Limited Time Package: Lo Yang - Basic Pack

Package Contents:

• Port Slot x 1
  • Consumable "Smoke Generator II" x 10

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,472 battles

Where is the flag sale?

I don`t need a Benson C with pre-buff torps when I already have a fully upgraded Benson B.

What do they don`t like about my money?

Just put flags in the shop and take the damn money from me.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Where is the flag sale?

I don`t need a Benson C with pre-buff torps when I already have a fully upgraded Benson B.

What do they don`t like about my money?

Just put flags in the shop and take the damn money from me.

I will tell you the secret about it via In game message :trollface:

Sign in to follow this