Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Boltergeist

KMS Prinz Eugen's Proper Hull

14 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,779 posts
352 battles

But we don't have the Prinz Eugen in game, we only have the "Admiral Hipper" which is the name ship and lead ship of the class which Prinz is a part of.. :hmm:

or did WG added Prinz in-game without me knowing?

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,203 battles

The Prinz Eugen's hull is not correct. The following link Prinz Eugen Hull Pictures shows the hull as it was in 1941, 1942, and again in 1945.

When can we expect WG to give this ship the correct hull design for the Prinz Eugen?

When did we have Prinz in game? D:

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,317 battles

Prinz doesn't exist.

Prinz does exist you p****!!!

fprAaPT.jpg

I'm pretty sure she is gonna be a tier VIII premium for the Jerry Navy.

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

Super Tester
1,679 posts

But this is Prinz Eugen's sister, Admiral Hipper.

Oh well, to be fair however, the Hipper SHOULD facemelt elements from Eugen and Lutzow which was bought by the Russians because despite being the lead ship, its a facemelt for all sisters as a class.

And it still needs its clipper bow.

Edited by EvyL

575 posts
5,354 battles

The Prinz Eugen's hull is not correct. The following link Prinz Eugen Hull Pictures shows the hull as it was in 1941, 1942, and again in 1945.

When can we expect WG to give this ship the correct hull design for the Prinz Eugen?

Yeah sorry, my mistake. I thought the Hipper had the same bow as the Prinz Eugen...I had the Eugen on my mind when I was writing this up. When actuality the Hipper retained its original bow. However, the ships after her were given the 'Atlantic bow save the Seydlitz and the Lützow sold off to the Russian's prior to start of the war with the 'Atlantic Bow.' My mistake.

However, if they put the Eugen in the game as a premium, I certainly hope they give it the proper bow. :)

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,929 battles

But this is Prinz Eugen's sister, Admiral Hipper.

Oh well, to be fair however, the Hipper SHOULD facemelt elements from Eugen and Lutzow which was bought by the Russians because despite being the lead ship, its a facemelt for all sisters as a class.

And it still needs its clipper bow.

^Likely this may mean the Russians conveniently have a heavy cruiser for its tier 8 spot, while they had a rich naval history, following the Revolution and purges their naval accolades and tech were rather lacking in WW2, hence the lack of domestically produced ships like Battleships or Heavy Cruisers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the devs added the HMS Royal Sovereign in as the Arkhangelsk instead (UK lend lease ship) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Royal_Sovereign_(05)

40 posts

In case you didn't know, Hindenburg the fake heavy cruiser is actually based on Prinz Eugen and the different that Hindy has the size almost like a BB, more firepower, armor and slower...is the Prinz Eugen on steroid.

Prinz Eugen 1945:

ZdcPLk8.png

Hindenburg

4E8rBKh.jpg

219 posts
3,471 battles

I'm pretty sure she is gonna be a tier VIII premium for the Jerry Navy.

So that's not an offensive, derogatory, insulting term of reference then?

It's acceptable to type "Jerry" when referring to the Germans.......is that correct?

575 posts
5,354 battles

So that's not an offensive, derogatory, insulting term of reference then?

It's acceptable to type "Jerry" when referring to the Germans.......is that correct?

Probably because (as far as I remember) it's spelled with a G not a J. ;)

350 posts

Probably because (as far as I remember) it's spelled with a G not a J. ;)

I think they used the J to keep it from being racist. I mean, it is used in Jerry cans from what I had read and even in an old Reader's Digest Illustrated Book about World War II, the J is also used instead of G for the exact same reason and yes, I have one in my room.

Sign in to follow this