You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
oldbloke

USS Idianapolis

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,848 battles

To wargaming staff, i would like to  inquire, if the staff at wargamming - warships would be likely to do to warships as they did for WOT's with the Fury. 

the movie is set for release 30 May 2016, starring Nicholas Cage.  I hope that WOW's  could offer this ship .... USS Indianapolis ...  in the same manner as they did for the Fury in WOT's.  please consider guys.  

Thank you, great game ... keep the good  stuff  comming.  

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,705 posts
7,273 battles

As told by Quint in Jaws.

A true story. 

Edit, but Quint wasn't there:P

Edited by AntifoulAwl

30 posts
6,538 battles

Indianapolis, returning from a secret mission delivering Uranium got sunk by Japanese Subs. The saddest part of the story is the loss of the crew and the captain commited suicide after the military court found him guilty for the loss of the ship and the crewmen. US used the captain as a scapegoat, probably.. 

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

what movie gonna be like ? ... not see any trailer ....
but from description ... so the ship got sunk in the begining of the movie and the rest is about they floting in the sea like "cast away" or sth like that ???? :fishpalm:

Alpha Tester
129 posts
3,331 battles

They were left drifting at sea because the mission was a secret. It wasn't until their arrival time had well and truly come and passed did a search team begin looking for the survivors.

Recalling the story, the ship was struck by multiple torpedoes and sunk quickly.

Quite a few of the crew made it into the water and swam clear.

The survivors then drifted at sea for days dying of exposure, thirst and the most gruesome, shark attack. Once of course once one person in a group was attacked that would bring more sharks to the area. I imagine this will be the story told in the film.

211 posts
9,939 battles

The story has been done before, Mission of the Shark: The Saga of the USS Indianapolis

Nicolas Cage, Tom Sizemore... ohh its going to be bad. they're bottom of the barrel 'D' list atm

354 posts
13,221 battles

Well, in that case, we should have the USS "Caine", a destroyer-minesweeper of WW2.

?? What for wasn't that a fictional ship in a movie

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,848 battles

So. my inital question to wargamming was..... would you be looking to introduce this ship in the same way as you did the fury in WOT's ?  

350 posts

So. my initial question to Wargaming was..... would you be looking to introduce this ship in the same way as you did the fury in WOT's ?  fixed

Most likely, they would answer with this - "Would anyone love to buy that ship because of the movie or because of its solid performance in battle?" The point is, if the ship does good in the games then players would surely buy it even I would buy it as a premium if it is a low or mid tier one for fun and captain's training.

If it is only just used a tie up for the movie, then it would be here for a very short time.