Sign in to follow this  
AlexPlayWOWS

Roon & Hindenburg

5 comments in this topic

40 posts

So i know German cruisers especially tier 7,9 and 10 are paper ships but so far Yorck is the only ship i found that she is based on Enwurf I-10 a preliminary design of Deutschland-class "pocket-battleship". Roon and Hindenburg are completely fake but what's with the years of designs:amazed:? I found there're no sources mentioned about 1938 or 1940 German purpose-built heavy-cruisers designs (except Admiral Hipper-class). Later a friend of mine found out that Hindenburg is based on Prinz Eugen (Admiral Hipper-class) the model look the same but different that Hindenburg size almost big like a BB, more firepower, armor and slightly slower.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

The only Hindenburg people might know is the sister ship of the Derfflinger class battlecruiser of WWI but its kinda safe to assume that the Hindenburg cruiser at tier 10, fake or dubious info be damned, can be said as the pinnacle of their heavy cruiser that can second its role as a firing line ship.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

The German ships are so weak I can citadel a Hindernberg with a T5 Nicholas if I wanted to... So imagine a Gearing with AP loaded encounters a Hindernberg when they sail clear of an island and the Hin has it's guns to the other direction and wasn't watching the minimap. Even if it doesn't have AP loaded it can just go there right away (come on the Gearing's loading time)

621 posts
2,271 battles

The German ships are so weak I can citadel a Hindernberg with a T5 Nicholas if I wanted to... So imagine a Gearing with AP loaded encounters a Hindernberg when they sail clear of an island and the Hin has it's guns to the other direction and wasn't watching the minimap. Even if it doesn't have AP loaded it can just go there right away (come on the Gearing's loading time)

They're not meant for close range brawling.

I find the Konigsberg and Nurnberg ridiculously good at harassing enemy cruisers and battleships outside effective firing range. German AP is also incredibly useful; I've citadel'ed New Mexicos in the Nurnberg with AP. You can fire on battleships below or on your tier and expect to penetrate fairly often.

Besides, AFAIK German cruisers above T3 have torps :)

Sign in to follow this