You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ninajim

PAX Australia 2016

23 comments in this topic

101 posts
1,247 battles

So, some of us went to PAX last year, which was a blast! World of Tanks and the new World of Warships area was amazing! So, how about we all talk about this year's event? Organize a few meet-ups and what not? Maybe play a few games against each other :)? Discuss below! I will edit the OP as information is revealed, as we have quite a few months to wait!

AUS PAX 2016 INFORMATION

Official Website: http://www.paxaustralia.com.au/

Day: November, 4th (Friday) - 6th (Sunday)
Price of Admission

• Single Day: $60
  • Three-Day Pass: $160
  • International Three-Day Pass: $160

PAX FaQ: http://www.paxaustralia.com.au/faq

THE RULES OF PAX AUSTRALIA

By following the rules shown below, you are showing us, the community, that you are a trusted member of the World of Warships forums and community. Breaking said rules either during, before and after the event will exclude you from the group at that given time and henceforth. If anything that is considered inappropriate beyond a sensible doubt occurs, then the group will have a right to ask you to leave.

1.    Drugs are bad.

2.    Don’t steal.

3.    Don’t punch or kick people.

4.    No cheating.

5.    Don’t harass anyone.

6.    Don’t mess with things that aren’t yours.

Further definitions and information regarding the rules can be found here: http://www.paxaustralia.com.au/safety-and-security

Edited by Ninajim

101 posts
1,247 battles

I went to PAX Prime last year and hell i was surrounded by nerds. So no more PAX for me...

But we are Australians! We are less nerdy and more humorous. Whats not to like :)?

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I went to PAX Prime last year and hell i was surrounded by nerds. So no more PAX for me...

Goes to a Video game convention and complains about being surrounded by Nerds :hmm:

---

Anyway, a heads up that the date of PAX for 2016 will be from the 4th til the 6th of November instead of 30th of October - 1st of November 

101 posts
1,247 battles

Goes to a Video game convention and complains about being surrounded by Nerds :hmm:

---

Anyway, a heads up that the date of PAX for 2016 will be from the 4th til the 6th of November instead of 30th of October - 1st of November 

Ah yes, I should've pointed that out. Will edit it in now.

I will hopefully be going all 3 days, so that should be fun. Maybe see what Wargaming has planned for all 3 days. I'm going as a Russian WW2 soldier ;) Got plans of it when I started playing Call of Duty: Finest Hour again.

52 posts

Pretty ironic thing to say for a Kancolle nerd :teethhappy:

Anyway . . . 

Sweet , hope i could manage my uni schedule and join PAX this year !

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

Not Australian, but I kinda agree to what hes saying, games, comicon and anime focused events tend to bring out the basement dwellers :hiding:

Hence why I usually avoid them myself after going to Armageddon expo once...

69 posts
2,225 battles

Done just Sat. of 2015 PAX Aus. & it was not nearly enough time. Going for Sat/Sun 2016 with whole family again. Had some fun at WG & throughout whole PAX.

Loved seeing the variety of cosplay peeps.

Big highlight was my 10yo girl beating a bunch of guys on Forza 6. Lots of red faces!

Only down side is the PCs PAX bring are locked into USA servers so unless you bring your own or camp on a WG PC, you can't play an SEA account.

101 posts
1,247 battles

Done just Sat. of 2015 PAX Aus. & it was not nearly enough time. Going for Sat/Sun 2016 with whole family again. Had some fun at WG & throughout whole PAX.

Loved seeing the variety of cosplay peeps.

Big highlight was my 10yo girl beating a bunch of guys on Forza 6. Lots of red faces!

Only down side is the PCs PAX bring are locked into USA servers so unless you bring your own or camp on a WG PC, you can't play an SEA account.

Not having enough time at PAX is always an issue. Which is why i couldn't test WoWS for the first time. World of Tanks sufficed, though. Definitely wished I had more time. I might be cosplaying as a Red Army soldier this year ;), so be on the lookout!

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Not having enough time at PAX is always an issue. Which is why i couldn't test WoWS for the first time. World of Tanks sufficed, though. Definitely wished I had more time. I might be cosplaying as a Red Army soldier this year ;), so be on the lookout!

Try being on the booth - 3rd year in a row and I think I may have seen 3 other booths (on my way outside for a break) :) lol

69 posts
2,225 battles

Try being on the booth - 3rd year in a row and I think I may have seen 3 other booths (on my way outside for a break) :) lol

Is that a paid gig or do you just volunteer?

I'm sure you'd get a free ticket for being on a stand though at least. Lots of the exhibitors & helpers would be in the same boat.

Thanks to all you who do the work, we enjoyed PAX very much! :honoring:

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
25 posts
1,558 battles

Already bought my three day pass for PAX Aus 2016 :) fourth year of PAX, fourth year of attending all three days.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Is that a paid gig or do you just volunteer?

I'm sure you'd get a free ticket for being on a stand though at least. Lots of the exhibitors & helpers would be in the same boat.

Thanks to all you who do the work, we enjoyed PAX very much! :honoring:

recruited volunteers lol.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Tough gig being on the stand id wager. But it would be good to see other people you also play against at times too, in either WoT/Wows

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Tough gig being on the stand id wager. But it would be good to see other people you also play against at times too, in either WoT/Wows

extremely long days on your feet - start about 8/8:30am and don't finish until after 6pm at the venue, you then have the social side to continue with afterwards (that's the good bit!)

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

extremely long days on your feet - start about 8/8:30am and don't finish until after 6pm at the venue, you then have the social side to continue with afterwards (that's the good bit!)

I hear you there, I was working at EB Expo (not for WG but another large dev) and that was 8am to 11pm for all 3 days with maybe a 1 hour break to actually get off my feet. I struggled to stand at work for the next few days lol

101 posts
1,247 battles

What are the chances we could have an in-game tournament at the WoWS stand ;)

Set times and teams. Would be fun to have a few community events to help boast the recognition at PAX :p