You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

Happy 'Straya Day

15 comments in this topic

168 posts
5,836 battles

No "national days" are celebrated to remove any politics from the game (some nations don't like each other type of thing)

Interesting.

Pretty sure WoT do a 4th July thing each year don't they, or is it just on NA?  Sounds pretty "national" to me.

P.S.  As it happens, we share this day (26th Jan) with India too.

Edited by Thingol

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,638 battles

No "national days" are celebrated to remove any politics from the game (some nations don't like each other type of thing)

Smart move, I applaud.

51 posts
504 battles

Happy 'Straya Day, to all those celebrating it here in 'Straya.

What did you get?. 

I don't understand the "What did you get?" bit

219 posts
3,453 battles

One of the best Aussie Day ads ever...

Definitely....and featuring Lee Lin Chin, the SBS newsreader with the perfect elocution.

But did you know that 650 people have complained about that commercial and demanded it be removed?!!!

Very tiny minds...with IQs the size of boiled kale.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-19/ad-watchdog-clears-lee-lin-chin-lamb-ad/7098924

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Don't the Russians celebrate "May Day"?. But yeah it is a good move not to celebrate national days.

At the end of the day, someone from somewhere else in the world was always going to "rediscover" Australia. We could all be speaking Japanese or Chinese. Or imagine if 20 plus million were all speaking Spanish/ Dutch, French or Russian in this corner of the world.

Naidoc day, which I had never heard of, living in NZ for 35 years, runs for a whole week, and the timing is decided by a council of elders, afaik.