Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Boltergeist

Warspite Damage Control DC Party...

12 comments in this topic

575 posts
5,354 battles

Why has WG given the Warspite's DC party a 5 second up time when the other premium BBs have 15 second up time? Because it gets more HP back when it uses it's repair party? Warspite is the easiest BB to set on fire and when you use that to put out 2+ fires, you are vulnerable to being put on fire again the time it takes the attacking ship to reload. It makes no sense for WG to make such a low up time when compared to the other BBs. What this indicates to me that all British BBs will have the exact same up time for their DC party. Contrary to popular belief in WG land, British sailors were some of the best seamen in the world and pioneered a number of innovations in damage control, fire fighting among them. This needs to be rectified.

I would gladly have the Repair Party's health gain reduced to that of the other premium BBs to have it last 15 seconds. If not, I don't see myself playing any British BBs based on the Warspite.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Simply because Warspite is the most powerful tier VI battleship in the game. This game is not about realistic but more about balance. Warspite is the most heavily armored tier VI battleship with hard-hitting 15-inch guns. 

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Warspite is the easiest BB to set on fire

Is there a fire catch chance :amazed:?

Im not trolling ok... i dont really know if there such a value in this game i really want to find the answer..

575 posts
5,354 battles

Is there a fire catch chance :amazed:?

Im not trolling ok... i dont really know if there such a value in this game i really want to find the answer..

I don't know, but I wouldn't put it past these developers to put a modifier on the Warspite to catch fire. Every time I take mine out, I'm set on fire more times than I can remember. It's like the ship is made out of wood. I've even waited until I had 4 fires going before putting them out, only to have another 2 fires added again 5 seconds later. It is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure had I known this was the Achilles' heel of this ship, I'd never had bought it. So, now it sits in my port and I doubt I'll ever take it out into battle again because it is so easy to be vaporized by fire. Good job WG, good job. Enjoy my money.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Simply because Warspite is the most powerful tier VI battleship in the game. This game is not about realistic but more about balance. Warspite is the most heavily armored tier VI battleship with hard-hitting 15-inch guns. 

The New Mexico is every bit its equal, even with 14" guns. However, the New Mexico is NOT a tender box. So based on your premise, it's okay to allow it to have a cruiser's DC party up time and it can be burned to the waterline all because you claim it is 'the most powerful tier VI battleship in the game?' Yeah, I'll swallow that one then puke it out. No, that is just a cop out in my opinion.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Alternatively, faster damage control reload time + 5 sec lasting

And during that cool down time, you're being melted by multiple fires without any way of stopping it. No, that will not work. The DC up time needs to be the same as the other premium BBs, even if they lower the amount of health to allow that to happen. 15 seconds of immunity to fires and flooding can mean the difference between surviving the HE spammers or not. This is why when I'm in my Cleveland or other CAs I fire nothing but HE at the Warspite because I know I can destroy it in short order with fire. This is just another example of Wargaming making premium vehicles crappy in terms of defense against non-premium ships...however, the failed to do that with the Nikolai or the Tirpitz.

575 posts
5,354 battles

It has a shorter CD, IIRC, its the same as the cruiser repair party. Hence, the shorter immunity period. 

Doesn't help you when your burned down to the waterline before it comes off cool-down.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

Well to be fair, Warspite IS a premium. chugging the same damcon up time on her will likely turn her into a near-juggernaut with skilled players at her helm.

Its closest counterpart would be New Mexico in most regards save range and speed. I dunno why but Fuso, despite having unrivaled range at her tier, can't take a load of beating herself.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Well to be fair, Warspite IS a premium. chugging the same damcon up time on her will likely turn her into a near-juggernaut with skilled players at her helm.

Its closest counterpart would be New Mexico in most regards save range and speed. I dunno why but Fuso, despite having unrivaled range at her tier, can't take a load of beating herself.

While I understand your point, they've given this ship a huge disadvantage from any other BB in the game; fire is its Achilles Heel. Maybe they can raise it up between 10 to 15 (maybe 12) seconds while reducing the amount it heals by 10%. Fire mechanic in this game is simply overpowered in that once a fire is out, you are set ablaze again in the exact same location. That doesn't make any sense. What's left to burn if it caught fire and ran its course? Magically appearing burning material?

What they really need to do is make each section that was set ablaze immune to fire for a period of time if not the rest of the game. If a ship has had all areas caught fire and they were allowed to burn out, then those sections should be immune to further fire. I know HE spammers who do so for fire will raise hell over that suggestion; however, it makes logical sense even in an arcade game. The only thing is means from that point on is HE on said ship will only do its normal damage. Or maybe they can reduce the time that DoT lasts. A full minute (depending on the ship) or even 45 seconds burning at 500 points a tick is entirely too long. That needs to be lowered by 25% to 50%. Especially if you have the DC skills and modules to for damage control.

I know players would appreciate it if they didn't have to worry about being burned to death because the exact same location was set ablaze again after it either burned out or was put out. This is the one aspect of this game that completely and utterly raises my blood pressure to dangerous levels because it is beyond belief. As Deathsky stated, "It's easy mode" for players to spam HE and burn everything up because it doesn't require them to "aim for weak points" as required for AP rounds. The fire mechanic really needs to be looked at.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

While I understand your point, they've given this ship a huge disadvantage from any other BB in the game; fire is its Achilles Heel. Maybe they can raise it up between 10 to 15 (maybe 12) seconds while reducing the amount it heals by 10%. Fire mechanic in this game is simply overpowered in that once a fire is out, you are set ablaze again in the exact same location. That doesn't make any sense. What's left to burn if it caught fire and ran its course? Magically appearing burning material?

What they really need to do is make each section that was set ablaze immune to fire for a period of time if not the rest of the game. If a ship has had all areas caught fire and they were allowed to burn out, then those sections should be immune to further fire. I know HE spammers who do so for fire will raise hell over that suggestion; however, it makes logical sense even in an arcade game. The only thing is means from that point on is HE on said ship will only do its normal damage. Or maybe they can reduce the time that DoT lasts. A full minute (depending on the ship) or even 45 seconds burning at 500 points a tick is entirely too long. That needs to be lowered by 25% to 50%. Especially if you have the DC skills and modules to for damage control.

I know players would appreciate it if they didn't have to worry about being burned to death because the exact same location was set ablaze again after it either burned out or was put out. This is the one aspect of this game that completely and utterly raises my blood pressure to dangerous levels because it is beyond belief. As Deathsky stated, "It's easy mode" for players to spam HE and burn everything up because it doesn't require them to "aim for weak points" as required for AP rounds. The fire mechanic really needs to be looked at.

Yes I agree with you on that one.

As it is a ship will only take so much damage in one area, EG the bow of a ship.

once  the HP for that area of the ship is gone it doesn't take any more damage. so it should be the same for fires, if that area has burned out then it shouldn't be able to catch fire again in that area.

Sign in to follow this