Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

New anti-team damage mechanic suggestion

10 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I think instead of the current 'reduce team torp damage by 50% why don't you just make it so if you fire a shell or torps at an allied warship the damage gets put on your self instead? That way everyone will be more careful with their torps

Super Tester
802 posts

I think instead of the current 'reduce team torp damage by 50% why don't you just make it so if you fire a shell or torps at an allied warship the damage gets put on your self instead? That way everyone will be more careful with their torps

Yeah, I can't see this being abused at all.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

This already happens to repeat-TKers (i.e. those whose names show up in pink). The damage reflected is multiplied as well.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

That suggestion is obvious open to abuse by allied team. Especially intentionally "catching" the torp. Why would someone do that? I don't know, this community has lots of different kind of players.

I wanted to bring back the team torpedo damage back to 100%. As most team torpedo damage happened mostly on lower tier, wherein people just launch torpedoes without knowing their torpedo range, and as you go up in higher tier, you'll get lesser concern about team torpedo salvos.

Edited by Mingfang47

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I have already expressed very clearly how you might organise a system that would stamp out 99.5% of team damage/killing within a month or two.

WG clearly sees it as better for all of us to have to put up with careless idiots rather than for them to stamp out careless, idiotic play.

Get used to it.

Edited by Steeltrap

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

By adding this kind of mechanic, it may somehow encourage players to  "suicide" themselves when they are in a unfavorable game.

But by adding this kind of mechanic it will stop you form surprise torpedoes me (because now i can ram you torpedoes with no fear lol)  :trollface:

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

But by adding this kind of mechanic it will stop you form surprise torpedoes me (because now i can ram you torpedoes with no fear lol)  :trollface:

Because I love to surprise friendlies with my torp, so I deny this suggestion :v

Sign in to follow this